Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,957 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,689
Allods Team | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 02/16/10)  | Pub:Mail.Ru Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Allods Online Forum » General Discussion » The Dying Allods

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
62 posts found
  comrademario

Apprentice Member

4/24/12 8:13:15 AM#41
Originally posted by B1mble
Originally posted by huskerman34

And quit trying to delete the fb comments when someone spits the truth about this game. 

Lol  so true.

A strange thing happened on the way to the forum :P

On the EU site there is a post about upcoming updates such as new map graphics and auto pathing etc. 

Most of the commenters are either meh about the whole thing or are asking why time is being wasted on such an update when so many other things need fixing or adding.  A few are quite blunt.

My bro wrote a simple comment saying that, and I sort of quote, "hadn't they better concentrate on getting players instead of bimbling around with cosmetics".

Just curious cause I see people say this type of thing about loads of games, why do you think they should leave that comment there? There's nothing constructive in it and it comes across as someone whining to me, which is what I see people complain about a lot on mmorpg.com about their posts being removed (comments like: 'this sucks' getting removed for example)

B1mble

Novice Member

4/24/12 12:59:02 PM#42
Originally posted by comrademario

And quit trying to delete the fb comments when someone spits the truth about this game. 

Lol  so true.

A strange thing happened on the way to the forum :P

On the EU site there is a post about upcoming updates such as new map graphics and auto pathing etc. 

Most of the commenters are either meh about the whole thing or are asking why time is being wasted on such an update when so many other things need fixing or adding.  A few are quite blunt.

My bro wrote a simple comment saying that, and I sort of quote, "hadn't they better concentrate on getting players instead of bimbling around with cosmetics".

Just curious cause I see people say this type of thing about loads of games, why do you think they should leave that comment there? There's nothing constructive in it and it comes across as someone whining to me, which is what I see people complain about a lot on mmorpg.com about their posts being removed (comments like: 'this sucks' getting removed for example)

This is absolutely true and as I said I did warn him although I fail to see how a comment about player numbers is considered whining .   Not to mention he isn't even remotely bothered about the ban and is not contesting it.  

But, if the other comments from the same post are..

"They have time to make those useless quest interface changes, but no time to fix the damn bug of the dragon mask. (already passed 2-3-4 months?)"

or

"They have time to make those useless quest interface changes, but no time to fix the damn bug of the dragon mask. (already passed 2-3-4 months?)

Yea, eigher fix it or remove it from the game and pay us back 500 BC. Now it's just our waster money."

and they are still there, then I find it curious that a less strident comment about giving the dwindling population a priority  over interface changes warrants any kind of ban.  Well not unless any reference to the population is undesirable. :S

At the end of the day if its company policy to censor that particular subject then so be it.   More fool him for not reading the T & C.  

Also, as my bro and I have left the game because of said issue (low population) I care about it as much as he does which is I dont.  I only mentioned it in passing as it is sort of an indicator as to how a company views its customers and I found it funny coz kinfolk got spanked :D. 

comrademario

Apprentice Member

4/24/12 1:29:03 PM#43

See i've moderated forums before. I would have binned your brother's comment too because it adds nothing to the discussion, it's just a player trying to be funny/whiny or whatever. There's nothing in that comment that is helpful to that topic in any way.

The other two comments you highlighted actually are problems that need to be fixed. They bought an item, the item doesn't work and they want it fixed or for a refund to be given. That's fair to me and I'd be annoyed if they censored those comments. Your brothers post added nothing though.

Loser60

Novice Member

I beg your pardon.

4/24/12 1:31:27 PM#44

In Russia, Allods are still alive and well.

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

4/25/12 1:38:31 PM#45
Originally posted by Loser60

In Russia, Allods are still alive and well.

The dev is Russian and chauvinism seems to work. There are no guarantees that this game will be (can we even say remain?) successful in the US. It's gone downhill since the first cash shop was introduced really.

BartDaCat

Hard Core Member

Vote smart. Vote for punch and pie.

4/25/12 1:43:26 PM#46
Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Unfortunately they completely botched their cash shop system in that game. I would imagine by now it has been fixed but people left in droves when they launched due to their exorbitant pricing structure.

Could have been a great game.

But coulda, woulda, shoulda can be applied to more than a few mmos anymore regardless whether they're f2p or p2p.

My friends loved it until the cash shop.  They told me horror stories about its pricing and the functionality of the items. 

I played it at the start, during open beta and into launch, and it looked damned good for a MMO out of left field that I had never heard of before... but I was deeply entrenched in a WoW raid guild at the time and just didn't have the time for two similar MMOs.

Dragonantis

Novice Member

4/25/12 1:47:45 PM#47

SInce this thread is back id like to share a funny story about why I cant ever play this game :)

I first tried with my wife when it first released, and we both enjoyed our first try and were loking forward to play more.

The next day I came down with the worst flu I have ever gotten in my life, I tried playing for 5 mins before I felt like puking.

A week later after I recovered we tired again but I suddenly felt nausiated and ill.

Ever since then I cant even think about this game without feeling sick, where was this when I wanted to quit wow XD

B1mble

Novice Member

4/25/12 3:05:05 PM#48
The other two comments you highlighted actually are problems that need to be fixed.

Ah, so a rapid decline in game population isn't a problem that needs to be fixed?   Interesting view.

I would question the logic that accepts one persons gripe about a dragon mask in the same thread, over a comment about the death of the entire product, which for some reason is found to be unnacceptable. 

In fact I would question the judgement of the admin that allows player comments on a 'latest development news' topic instead of locking it and leaving it to the relevent discussion section for players to put forward their opinions.  The last thing a company needs is for those that read and don't post watch the latest update get trashed by  the community.

Plus as paying customers (in the main) I believe they are entitled to question the priorities of a company that thinks autopathing and watching your toon folllowing a ball of wool is more important than actually having players there to appreciate it.

But hey thats just me :S

huskerman34

Apprentice Member

OP  4/29/12 3:59:07 PM#49

Just to let you guys know. When i posted this thread i was at endgame and doing these astral runs for gems. Which in my book was a waste of time and thank god Gpotato took that quest out. I think alot of people gave up over that or just stop playing for one reason or another.  I was on the verge of quitting and had for a bit til the Patch was released. Gpotato listened to the fanbase and fixed this game good. Now only if Gpotato can do damage control.  Its really hard to get people back into playing this game.  Im having more fun playing this game than i did when i was leveling my character. I remember all the quest being bugged and jobs not being balanced out.  I thnk anybody who is reading these post should give this game a try if they are deciding wether or not to download this game. 

I think its really safe to say that cash shop was really not or is a issue. I bet the majority of people who use the cash shop is to buy for want. I bet the biggest selllers are cosmetics and mounts. My biggest bitch was the lack of content in this game wich drove people away.  

Edgar F Greenwood

User Deleted
4/30/12 9:58:49 AM#50

Just to let you guys know. When i posted this thread i was at endgame and doing these astral runs for gems. Which in my book was a waste of time and thank god Gpotato took that quest out. I think alot of people gave up over that or just stop playing for one reason or another.  I was on the verge of quitting and had for a bit til the Patch was released. Gpotato listened to the fanbase and fixed this game good. Now only if Gpotato can do damage control.  Its really hard to get people back into playing this game.  Im having more fun playing this game than i did when i was leveling my character. I remember all the quest being bugged and jobs not being balanced out.  I thnk anybody who is reading these post should give this game a try if they are deciding wether or not to download this game. 

I think its really safe to say that cash shop was really not or is a issue. I bet the majority of people who use the cash shop is to buy for want. I bet the biggest selllers are cosmetics and mounts. My biggest bitch was the lack of content in this game wich drove people away.  

So your saying that the cash shop rune system isnt a cash shop factor?  You do know that people exclude players with low level runes right.... and getting a 30-40% flat rate dmg and def boost from them isnt "optional", especially for serious pvp and endgame.  Yes you can spend a year farming gold and nothing else and get the minimum rune level...otherwise it costs *no joke* thousands of dollars.

With that said...what killed the game was the old cash shop, there were tons of people playing and they added several cash shop systems on top of the ridiculous rune system, on top of the decorative and convienience items people want to buy in the cash shop.  Luckily they got rid of the curse items making them free in the cash shop.

Dont be fooled, once you realize the cash shop in the game, in its current form, youll need to make a decision on if the game is worth it to you.  It drives most people away whould otherwise spend thousands less on a good p2p game and have access to everything. That is this games biggest downfall.

If the cash shop isnt the reason why dont we tell potential players how much real money it would take to go from level 3 runes (something that is hard to do in game but not crazy) to level 7?  I think i linked the site that explained, but lets highlight this issue.  How much to go from all level 3 runes to all level 5 (bare min) then 6 then 7...break it down for us how the cash shop couldnt possibly be a factor.  Ignore bag expansions (very needed if you plan to farm gold) cosmetics extra earring slot so on and so forth...lets focus on the raw dmg and def stats from runes and their cost....especially since having low runes will get you excluded in game.

My guess is you wont...since its a crazy amount of money.

Just to add..the point of this game in its entierty is almost completely focused on farming gold for the cash shop items.  Less you drop $5,000 off the bat....otherwise your goal is to farm gold so you can buy pay to win items and participate in endgame.

huskerman34

Apprentice Member

OP  4/30/12 12:27:49 PM#51
Originally posted by Crunchy221

So your saying that the cash shop rune system isnt a cash shop factor?  You do know that people exclude players with low level runes right.... and getting a 30-40% flat rate dmg and def boost from them isnt "optional", especially for serious pvp and endgame.  Yes you can spend a year farming gold and nothing else and get the minimum rune level...otherwise it costs *no joke* thousands of dollars.

With that said...what killed the game was the old cash shop, there were tons of people playing and they added several cash shop systems on top of the ridiculous rune system, on top of the decorative and convienience items people want to buy in the cash shop.  Luckily they got rid of the curse items making them free in the cash shop.

Dont be fooled, once you realize the cash shop in the game, in its current form, youll need to make a decision on if the game is worth it to you.  It drives most people away whould otherwise spend thousands less on a good p2p game and have access to everything. That is this games biggest downfall.

If the cash shop isnt the reason why dont we tell potential players how much real money it would take to go from level 3 runes (something that is hard to do in game but not crazy) to level 7?  I think i linked the site that explained, but lets highlight this issue.  How much to go from all level 3 runes to all level 5 (bare min) then 6 then 7...break it down for us how the cash shop couldnt possibly be a factor.  Ignore bag expansions (very needed if you plan to farm gold) cosmetics extra earring slot so on and so forth...lets focus on the raw dmg and def stats from runes and their cost....especially since having low runes will get you excluded in game.

My guess is you wont...since its a crazy amount of money.

Just to add..the point of this game in its entierty is almost completely focused on farming gold for the cash shop items.  Less you drop $5,000 off the bat....otherwise your goal is to farm gold so you can buy pay to win items and

Well your bitching has no real basis. If you played this game long enough which by the sounds of it you didnt. Then you would know that you dont have to open your wallet or purse to play this game. Gpotato offers you many options of getting gpots and getting runes.  Not once was i forced to buy from the cash shop. I used the cash shop cuz i wanted. IF  you cant  farm in this game , then you dont need to be playing mmorpgs then. Its a requirment for all mmorpg.  Oh just for you information i didnt spend no more than 20 real dollars on this game to buy Gpots. I got my runes to 7.  No since gpots can be bought and sold through exchange system the cash shop is irrelavant. 

Edgar F Greenwood

B1mble

Novice Member

5/01/12 6:16:02 AM#52

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one way of earning Gpots is grinding surveys and opening yourself up to an atrocious amount of advertising.

It is another way (possibly horrendously time consuming) of earning cash without denting your wallet.  At the end of the day though the game is still dying and Gpotato is still an Anti Midas company that turns everything it touches to S*@t.  The upcoming update is elitist and caters to the minority and it is still massively pay2win.

Hell, it must be getting pretty bad as the EU forum is taking issue with anything that mentions population or even hints at it.  The temp ban hammer must be playing whack a mole at the mo.

comrademario

Apprentice Member

5/01/12 10:35:29 AM#53
Dude, you spend a lot of time on here bad mouthing them for someone who has said recently that you don't about the game or what gPotato do any more . Move on if you don't like it :P
  B1mble

Novice Member

5/01/12 11:01:42 AM#54
Dude, you spend a lot of time on here bad mouthing them for someone who has said recently that you don't about the game or what gPotato do any more . Move on if you don't like it :P

Meh.  Your probably right.  It just irks that another great game seems to be going the way of the dinosaurs. :(

Do you know one thing I love about Allods apart from the usual? Female characters wear armour.  Actual armour.  It really bugged me after a while that in other games a bikini top and a thong had the same protection as full plate.  It sort of........didn't scan.  Looked good if the graphics were up to par but just didn't fit if you know what I mean.  Plus if they could wear that kind of kit and have good protection why couldnt my barb run around in a thong :P

I also love the Astral, the ships, the character variation that can be built through stats and rubies and runes, the atmosphere, the character graphics etc etc.

I guess thats why it is hard not to be cheesed off with the way its going. :(

huskerman34

Apprentice Member

OP  5/02/12 7:54:15 AM#55

Meh.  Your probably right.  It just irks that another great game seems to be going the way of the dinosaurs. :(

Do you know one thing I love about Allods apart from the usual? Female characters wear armour.  Actual armour.  It really bugged me after a while that in other games a bikini top and a thong had the same protection as full plate.  It sort of........didn't scan.  Looked good if the graphics were up to par but just didn't fit if you know what I mean.  Plus if they could wear that kind of kit and have good protection why couldnt my barb run around in a thong :P

I also love the Astral, the ships, the character variation that can be built through stats and rubies and runes, the atmosphere, the character graphics etc etc.

I guess thats why it is hard not to be cheesed off with the way its going. :(

It seems like your reaching to prove your point. 

Edgar F Greenwood

Indrome

Novice Member

This is like trying to drive straight through Schroedinger's minefield!

5/10/12 2:22:03 AM#56

What eventually drove me away from Allods (and the Arisen... still a pity. They were one of the visually most interesting races in the MMO landscape) was my inability to grasp the attribute-system. Some people tried to explain it to me but I couldn't make sense of any of it.

A game that depends largely on the bigger number but fails to show or explain how these numbers work together and against each other can't hold me for long. I don't like playing games that make me feel stupid. °_O

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

5/10/12 5:08:37 PM#57
Originally posted by Indrome

What eventually drove me away from Allods (and the Arisen... still a pity. They were one of the visually most interesting races in the MMO landscape) was my inability to grasp the attribute-system. Some people tried to explain it to me but I couldn't make sense of any of it.

A game that depends largely on the bigger number but fails to show or explain how these numbers work together and against each other can't hold me for long. I don't like playing games that make me feel stupid. °_O

Was it a long time ago that you played? The tips from the stats seem to actually mean something now, it should be rather self explanatory, no matter what class you play. The stats have been simplified a lot too, mainly for easier balancing.

Indrome

Novice Member

This is like trying to drive straight through Schroedinger's minefield!

5/11/12 3:50:05 PM#58

Aye, t'was a long time ago. Can't even remember the basis of my falling out with that particular system so well anymore. ... Meh, times past.

But thanks for the info. Might check it out again if I ever feel the urge to see the Arisen again.

Kykyryz-a

Novice Member

5/14/12 5:24:03 AM#59

Allods was a great game  i start it as Beta on EU  and was one of the first 40lvl priests on russian servers.  But game can be as great  as fun as you can imaging  but if publishers or developer starting to treat gamers like money bags its always end for any game.   for some time  5th stage of "how it called"   was optional and only gave you +hp   but   runes from very beggining were game breakers  as for 13th lvl you needed like for new house. and playing with affordable 4-5 lvl runes  was just painfull not saying you was  instantly owned by some "epic" gamers with 9-10lvl punes no matter how skill you was.  it was first time i left game after they added debuff on every death and just before they introdused first raid dungeon. after a year or so i tried to return to game yes they added some nice  things redone  5th stage of "" and now it was pure   Pay us 200$ a month if you want to stay in game.  it was absolutelly  Must to uprgade to 5th lvl ""  as healer  and cost around 300$.  ok done it forgot as game acctually was fun.  and sudenlly runes became a problem also  as  you want like 6-7lvl at least and only way to get them in game is to farm 24/7  not kind of my definition of fun sadly :( .   MOnthly actions to open boxes to get extra +1-4 abbility  or equal insanly disbalansing items.  all just accelerated  end for the game :(  and "toilet" riders  on their  insanly  Over powered "mounts".    Astral was so much fun  Ship navigating  +1  i really loved it  not even 100day  ship building time  stoped me.   by the time  46lvl was introdused in game and  around 600$ total spending for maybe top of 6 monthg playing   it was   Real end of game for me at least.   Great game insanly poor presentation by greed monsters :(

newbihack

Novice Member

Them honey badgers

5/16/12 10:33:58 PM#60

It is games industries. At this point people will try to fill their bags before they close, so this is not something new I see. From my experiance in F2P games, all end up the same. It is like a long version of a demo game unless you pay to keep up leveling and so. The only issue that bother me is you need cash shop items to do a stable damage, and that completely inblance the game from it is roots to it is top branch. When I see such game doing so I have no more fun there, because money will make you own not skills and gear. maybe runes for some is not a big deal but once u test it in real game you will see, that this particular item can boost your class by 50% maybe less or more depends on how much runes u equip on each of the 6 peices. And this is completely funny and in time you will feel bored. It is just a matter of time until this game shut and closed. The new patch explain the whole disaster which they going to merge the 2 servers to be one and thats a sign of low populated game just like requiem if anybody playing or played it before. requiem is a perfect example just like allods.

anyway I will have to wait until these piles of shit gone from the face of internet and new ones comes or if these franchises gets republised again.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search