Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,786,148 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,063
Wemade Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 05/13/09)  | Pub:Wemade Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Legend of Mir 2 Forum » General Discussion » Is this add a joke?

9 posts found
  Zapleaf

Novice Member

OP  5/20/09 4:21:12 AM#1

Yea like hell they do, have you even seen there graphics,  It's like a bad rip-off of diablo lol.  Lets sue for false advertisment >_<

kazmo

Novice Member

5/20/09 4:31:42 AM#2

Maybe they mean over 200 Million NPC Players if all the NPCs that were being simulated on the small player base's clients were added up to equal 200 million.

Axllow18

Advanced Member

5/20/09 4:38:11 AM#3

Its a free to play asian MMO, a few of them do actually have that number of registered users.

Now, the CATCH is that most are alt accounts and many more are gold farmer bots most likely.

So they may have 200 million accounts, but truthfully probably less than a million at best current users.

Or they could be lieing, haha.

kazmo

Novice Member

5/20/09 5:08:50 AM#4

This also applies to all other sub numbers for other games as well.

I can't even fathom how many Warcraft accounts are gold-farmers, alts. Like that one guy who has a full alt-raid force, all with their own account.

Dahal

Novice Member

5/20/09 10:52:01 AM#5

You do know that this game is over 5 years old? And that they just use every single registered account to show how great they are?

You will not shake us off,
above or below..

Adam1902

Novice Member

5/21/09 8:22:50 AM#6

Mir was once the most popular game in China. It had 200million active accounts at one point. It's in the Guinness book of world records for being the game with the most amount of people logged in at the same time. Still, no game has ever topped it.

Ofcourse, it has never been that popular in the west. [EDIT]: And isn't as popular as it was in China and Korea anymore either.

_________
Currently in casual mode!
Playing: Path of Exile, Tribal Wars

Watching: Albion Online

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

Theocritus

Advanced Member

5/25/09 2:35:24 PM#7

I am guessing that 199,999,995 are in asia then as it doesnt appear that anyone that reads these boards appears to be playing it......

Adam1902

Novice Member

5/30/09 12:39:06 PM#8
Originally posted by Theocritus

I am guessing that 199,999,995 are in asia then as it doesnt appear that anyone that reads these boards appears to be playing it......

This is correct. :P
Probably about a million accounts have been made on the official servers outside Asia. This game used to be very popular in the UK at one point, as it was advertised on TV over here. Most gamers you speak to here, have atleast heared of the game. many still know someone who plays it ("Oh, my uncle / cousin / mate plays that still !").

The last 4 years of Mir in Europe bled slowly. It was hosted by GNO (Game Network Online, who now call themselves GameTribe, BZZZT, beware of GameTribe, one day the same fate that happened to Mir, will happen to their games) who for the past 4 years of the server being up, not ONE update to either Mir2, or Mir3, not even the website. For the last year of its existance, the website and forum wern't even functional. The only thing that worked was the game and the payment system (which many people had cracked, and found a way to play for free). But despite this, look how long it lasted, even with the private servers being 10x better. That's how diehard alot of Mirs players are.
(Mir3 in Europe wasn't run by GNO from the beginning, it was by a different company called QGO. But after about 2 years of it being up, WeMade handed Mir3 over to GNO (DOH), because apparently QGO had corrupt GMs, who were handing items out to real life friends who played the game. So yeah, Mir3 was then also doomed)

Anyway, what happened was, someone got in touch with someone from WeMade (hacked a GMs account in Mir Korea to get attention apparently. Yeah, it's a long story), who wern't even aware what was happening with Mir overseas I don't think.

Anyway, a month after its closure, WeMade lisenced "GamePotUSA" to run Mir2, and WeMade themselves are running Mir3. This time with the micro-payment model that we're more used to seeing with these kind of MMOs now.

If you're looking to play Mir, I'd go with Mir3 nowadays. It's a much more stable game, Mir2 is riddled with problems.
So yeah, Mirs back, and during the Closed Beta and Pre-Open-Beta phases, I was seeing LOTS of familiar faces, people I knew from eight fucking years ago. People are getting their asses off private servers, old players are returning, and I've even seen (and helped out) a handful of completely new players to Mir.
I've started up again myself with a r/l mate, who is also an oldschool Mir player. Remember us playing it together as kids.

Anyway, that's the jist of Mirs life outside Asia.
It's had a real rough time. But hey, now it's back, being run by decant people who will keep it as up-to-date as the asian versions, and its here to stay.

So yeah, there's Mir. And that's its story. ;-)

_________
Currently in casual mode!
Playing: Path of Exile, Tribal Wars

Watching: Albion Online

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

robgyorgy

Novice Member

3/11/10 6:07:54 AM#9

all of the above is correct. I started playing this game before those fags network online bitches took over the game. everything went down hill from that. the europeans servers(2 of them lawl) werent all that packed. we had like 9000 ppl before it went down hill play at all times. 2 years later it was reduced to a few hundred. i enjoyed this game. best game i played and prolly ever will. pvp in it was awesome. the grind could have been a bit better put out but meh it was all worth it in time :P gawd i miss those dungeon pvps :SSSSSSS

bak to trying it out woaaaaaa