Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,661 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,011
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Show Off Your TSW Character

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
82 posts found
  FromHell

Novice Member

1/01/13 5:45:33 PM#61

hahaha not my char but hilarious new outfit.. "sight for sore eyes"

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Sigurd57

Advanced Member

1/01/13 5:53:31 PM#62

This is how most people recognize me.  Since all of my guides and screenshots are in this outfit:

<edit>  My server, due to the guides, is being annoying with hot links.  I'll repost later. </edit>

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

Mikkayla

Apprentice Member

1/03/13 2:37:16 PM#63

Here is my good girl...

Ravenn_picture057_zps4a910adb

Ravenn_picture050_zps6b333ef6

And here is my tough girl...

Ravenn_picture025_zpsf455ed9c

Ravenn_picture045_zpsc6a87369

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

1/03/13 2:42:38 PM#64
Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
C'mon. Nobody.... O.o

Try it with a redshirt.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Urzanik

Novice Member

1/04/13 7:23:10 AM#65
  Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

1/04/13 10:35:01 AM#66
I don't get why people say characters are ugly. Look like humans to me...

KaosLegion

Apprentice Member

1/05/13 8:43:01 AM#67

Kaoeater  - Illuminati

Saintwarpriest (desperately want a name change)

Got a lil trigger happy on the screenies :p

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

1/05/13 8:54:27 AM#68

Latest pics, I wish the skirts were longer but otherwise happy:

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:02:33 AM#69
Originally posted by Mikkayla

Here is my good girl...

Ravenn_picture057_zps4a910adb

Love that outfit, trying to hold off till it goes on sale :)

Lazarus71

Old School

I play the games I like and don't dwell on the ones I don't, complicated philosophy I know....

1/05/13 9:03:53 AM#70

No signature, I don't have a pen

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:32:43 AM#71
Originally posted by Scarfe
[mod edit]

They've really come a long way since the game started. At first there was this sort of simian or ape like aesthetic that was going on with the female faces. Very offputting. 

Since then they've stepped up and made a lot of positive changes. While it does take a little time to make a 'beautiful' character it's a lot easier than it was.

I like the game and art a lot, but it's subjective of course. 

FromHell

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:40:36 AM#72

meh, picture test

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

korent1991

Apprentice Member

1/05/13 9:49:26 AM#73
Originally posted by Rayshe
Originally posted by BlueLantern
Originally posted by Rayshe
I'd rather be running around a modern day game in street cloths than in a big suit of Knight armor. Honeslty if GW2 style cloths were in TSW they would be sent to a mental institution.

[mod edit]

Bashing GW2? im making sense. If you walked out your door today in a suit of armor do you not think people would stare at you and think your crazy?

I'd think it's really cool :D

tho... I think things like that are not even worth discussing on gaming forum. I mean, that's why we play games, don't we? To get away from the REAL world and to immerse ourselves into something much more fun and adventurous? 

fantasy games have their style, every single one of them has unique things in fashion. that's why they are called fantasy games, right? :)

On topic... I'm really seeing some awesome looking characters, I must say we have some pretty creative folks in our community :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
-------------------------------

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:58:01 AM#74
Originally posted by korent1991

On topic... I'm really seeing some awesome looking characters, I must say we have some pretty creative folks in our community :)

Toally agree!

Squatchin

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:59:58 AM#75

Heres my character. Spent some time makin her purrty! hehe

miguksaram

Hard Core Member

1/05/13 10:00:49 AM#76

This may or may not be an issue for others but my largest problem with the character creator in TSW is nearly identical to that of Rift (and let's not forget AoC).  Even with the ability to make extremely minor changes you are typically left with a VERY limited number of facial options which makes the majority of the game seem as if the entire current population of earth are all brothers and sisters, literally!

New outfits are AWESOME but holy hell spend some of that development budget on actually allowing people to LOOK distinct, not just having access to a different wardrobe!

In a game like WoW or any other that emphasived covering one's face (identity) this really wouldn't matter much but the reality is the MAJORITY of players in TSW have their face exposed which only compounds the issue (for such as myself who find it to be so).

remyburke

Advanced Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

1/05/13 10:11:13 AM#77

Vorender, Blade-wielding Blood Mage

MMORPG.com member: 10th Year Anniversary. Where has the time gone...?

Waiting for: ArcheAge

Played: AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

Sevenwind

Hard Core Member

1/05/13 11:20:33 AM#78
Originally posted by miguksaram

This may or may not be an issue for others but my largest problem with the character creator in TSW is nearly identical to that of Rift (and let's not forget AoC).  Even with the ability to make extremely minor changes you are typically left with a VERY limited number of facial options which makes the majority of the game seem as if the entire current population of earth are all brothers and sisters, literally!

New outfits are AWESOME but holy hell spend some of that development budget on actually allowing people to LOOK distinct, not just having access to a different wardrobe!

In a game like WoW or any other that emphasived covering one's face (identity) this really wouldn't matter much but the reality is the MAJORITY of players in TSW have their face exposed which only compounds the issue (for such as myself who find it to be so).

This may or may not apply to TSW. Years ago when Linage 2 was released people asked the same question because everyone looked the same. I do remember NCSOFT saying the reason was to reduce graphical lag. Your computer has to render all that when a person comes on the screen and having a mass amount of people creates graphical lag.

Then I remember a post from the Vanguard team explaining why the game didn't have visable helmets at release. The reason is the devs put to many bones in the face for the helms to show properly. 

Both games are years old. I don't know if technology has changed to make it easier. I can only imagine it takes a lot of coding and testing to make pretty. I don't want them so much to spend a lot of time making characters look good but find creative ways or illusions that our characters look good.

Example: In AoC they have motion blur when you do a fatility. If you turn that off and really look when you do a fatality it looks corny. Especially the sword in the chest animation. Sometimes it isn't even in the NPC you stab.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

1/05/13 11:29:55 AM#79
Originally posted by Fendel84M
I don't get why people say characters are ugly. Look like humans to me...

Every single character looks unhappy, and the shadows on the face seem exaggerated.  Less facial shadowing would do wonders for making people look more attractive. Thats why they use such bright lights filming movies.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

KaosLegion

Apprentice Member

1/06/13 5:12:36 AM#80

OP post is show off your character not discuss ugly character models for the 10 billionth time. Stay on topic please.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search