Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,889 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,453
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » $15 on Amazon right now

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
46 posts found
  Quailman

Apprentice Member

OP  12/14/12 12:15:20 PM#1

Hey all, I just wanted to let everyone know that the digital edition of the game is on sale for $15 right now on Amazon (normal price is $30). I just happened to notice it and picked it up myself, thought I should pass it on. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-41018ecret-World1-Download/dp/B007VTVKG6/

Consume. Be silent. Die.

marz.at.play

Apprentice Member

nanu nanu

12/14/12 12:43:59 PM#2
Great find. I shared it with a buddy of mine.

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/14/12 12:47:38 PM#3
Sweet!  will pass this on.
  Kuppa

Novice Member

The problem with censorship is ********

12/14/12 12:52:40 PM#4
Awesome!!! was waiting for a deal under 20 bucks. Just got it! 

Scellow

Novice Member

12/14/12 12:54:58 PM#5
Thanks !!!!!!!
  dnzbr

Novice Member

12/14/12 12:57:16 PM#6

Thank you! also got $5 credit 

edit:

they didn't aprove the transaction.. 

iftachby

Advanced Member

12/14/12 1:00:28 PM#7
?Thanks a lot! Does anyone know if this is US only or not
  Scellow

Novice Member

12/14/12 2:04:02 PM#8

Use an factise US billing what i did, i live in france :p

The key worked on my French account :)

dnzbr

Novice Member

12/14/12 2:43:25 PM#9

i tried using an us address with and withou proxy, creating new accounts and 3 different cards. no luck :(

one account i got flagged asking to send fax with my card statement.

the other acc i had, i added an us billing addres and tried to buy, when my order was processing it sent me back to login page and now i can't login back (even after i changed the password)

iftachby

Advanced Member

12/14/12 2:43:33 PM#10
Awesome, thanks man. :D 
Cant find a better deal than that, and I really wanted to try this game.  
  Methos12

Hard Core Member

Its better to be quiet and perceived as stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

12/14/12 2:46:20 PM#11
If you have any trouble registering these Amazon keys be sure to contact Funcom support, preferably in live chat. I just did and it's apparently a common issue they're having at the moment.

Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
Magic without Technology is fantasy.
Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

12/14/12 2:51:05 PM#12
This is excellent and a great deal.  It's funny because in another thread a bunch of people claimed that no one buys games from Amazon.  I bought it a couple days ago from Funcom becasue $30 is still a good deal in my opinion.

Curse you AquaScum!

atticusbc

Apprentice Member

I hated hipsters before hating hipsters was cool.

12/14/12 3:11:29 PM#13
i wonder if there will be a better deal on steam soon though....
  FlawSGI

Hard Core Member

All of history is a lie. The truth depends on who does the listening, and who does the telling...

12/14/12 3:18:29 PM#14
Originally posted by Torvaldr
This is excellent and a great deal.  It's funny because in another thread a bunch of people claimed that no one buys games from Amazon.  I bought it a couple days ago from Funcom becasue $30 is still a good deal in my opinion.

Yeah I just read and thought the same and gotta say what a huge load of bovine fecal matter (BS). I know of two friends who bought copies of TSW against my warnings from amazon due to the price and B2P conversion. I know I buy games from there often due to the deals. Won't claim I buy every game through amazon but I definately buy some.  Maybe my buddies stumbled upon this deal and that's why they decided to give TSW a go, I didn't ask only cautioned against the game due to their playstyles. Either way, $15 seems like a steal since I know they can get their value returned at least. I bought way back when at full price and boy  was I mistaken.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/14/12 3:25:36 PM#15
Originally posted by FlawSGI
Originally posted by Torvaldr

Yeah I just read and thought the same and gotta say what a huge load of bovine fecal matter (BS). I know of two friends who bought copies of TSW against my warnings from amazon due to the price and B2P conversion. I know I buy games from there often due to the deals. Won't claim I buy every game through amazon but I definately buy some.  Maybe my buddies stumbled upon this deal and that's why they decided to give TSW a go, I didn't ask only cautioned against the game due to their playstyles. Either way, $15 seems like a steal since I know they can get their value returned at least. I bought way back when at full price and boy  was I mistaken.

That's like calling yourself an idiot for not waiting to go out to dinner when the restaurant was having a 50% sale on steak dinners the next day (even though you didn't know about it.)  Stores have sales, but if you don't want to wait to catch them (or constantly be on the lookout), you pay the full price.  I'm not at all upset because I lost out on a measly $15 -- been spending my time enjoying the game. 

korent1991

Apprentice Member

12/14/12 3:29:47 PM#16
Originally posted by atticusbc
i wonder if there will be a better deal on steam soon though....

I'm waiting for that... Since the christmas sale is juust around the corner :)

can't wait to see what they have prepd for us :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
-------------------------------

Methos12

Hard Core Member

Its better to be quiet and perceived as stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

12/14/12 4:11:36 PM#17

Originally posted by korent1991

Originally posted by atticusbc i wonder if there will be a better deal on steam soon though....
I'm waiting for that... Since the christmas sale is juust around the corner :) can't wait to see what they have prepd for us :D
Steam sales are nice and all, but given that I live in Europe paying the same amount in dollars is ALWAYS a cheaper option for me when you compare the two currencies at the moment. No Gabe, I don't enjoy paying extra ~20% just because I don't live in America.

Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
Magic without Technology is fantasy.
Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.

Scalpless

Advanced Member

12/14/12 4:26:20 PM#18
Yes, I highly doubt a Steam sale will go below 10 euros. That usually happens only to games that were never than expensive, like indie titles, and to games than are very old, like Mirror's Edge, Just Cause 2 and Mass Effect 1&2. Anyway, it definitely won't be more than 5 euros cheaper and that's what 100g of tea cost where I live.
  Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/14/12 4:35:50 PM#19
Best I've seen on Steam is $22.50
  dnzbr

Novice Member

12/14/12 5:06:49 PM#20

well my account is on hold, can't even login.

any ideas?

i'm thinking about buying a $15 gift card, create a new account with US address and buy the game using the gift card only. but i think they will ask for a credit card and its US billing address anyway...

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search