Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,980 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,864
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Is there a general consensus on the quality of PvP in TSW?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  rawfox

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 7:53:37 PM#21

TSW is a great game and the PvP is very fun to me.

Fusang is awesome but when i left the game ~3 months after launch, only Stonehendge was popping, ElDorado only one time.

There have been some updates to this but i have more fun in SWTOR PvP atm due to multible keybindable hotbars.

GW2 is somewhat the same combat system, the so called buttonsmaschers, so is TSW.

There was a third party tool to bind things by name to a key, that was already something but i still miss more bells and whistles but thats what you prefer for your own.

For me, games like AoC or SWTOR have a far deeper PvP- and combatsystem then TSW and GW2, they work different.

Funcom has not touched TSWs PvP enuff for my taste so i left the game.

Now me fears to play it again because it has a different timing then SWTOR, maybe im a little nerdish there but i cant play them both in PvP without loosing skills on both games then.

Im gonna use the wonderfull new B2P option, to finally get a clue why they build that damn themepark :)

There is nearly no better PvE game arround beside of Anarchy Online maybe (who's PvP is also pretty cool and badass deep)

Oh  and i read here something like "Open World PvP".

Is there OWPvP now in TSW ?!?

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 7:59:38 PM#22
Op

Planetside 2 if your looking for a WvW replacement (does it better imo)
  Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 8:08:00 PM#23

So patch 1.5 looks to be a success.  Most everyone is reporting a much improved (and fun) Fusang, being able to get in and good fights.  Populations in the zone are also now up, with people coming back to the game.  Here's the list of changes that went in:

1.5 PvP Patch Notes

PVP
Minigames
* Fixed an issue that could cause minigames not to start.
* Fixed an issue that caused players to be removed from the minigame queue when zoning or resurrecting.
* Fixed an issue that caused players not to be able to join minigames that are already in progress.
* Fixed an issue that caused minigame in progress not to request new players.

Fusang
* Fusang now uses the resurrection system from the minigames. All respawn timers (including the minigames) are set to be 15 seconds max.
* The Fusang status results and map should update correctly again.
* The maximum population for Fusang now scales dynamically. If your side has more than the minimum side plus a threshold (currently set at ten) you will be added to a queue. You will be able to enter once the population of the other factions increases.
* Underdog custodians no longer attack the inner facility.
* It is no longer possible to heal an underdog custodian.
* Underdogs custodians no longer attack facilities that are under attack by another underdog custodian.
* Illuminati base : Extended the safe area around the home base

Eldorado
* The flag carrying particles now properly get removed from players who are linkdead.
* The relics are now a flat distance away from the starting point rather than a variable distance.
* Neutral flags now have a pickup time.
* The "let it go" achievement should now work correctly.

Stonehenge
* The capture area will show the particle indicating who owns the area once again.
* All achievements should work as intended.

Here's some threads with discussion and reaction:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62816

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62879

aRtFuLThinG

Novice Member

12/13/12 8:09:54 PM#24
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Op

Planetside 2 if your looking for a WvW replacement (does it better imo)

^ This

cyclonite51

Novice Member

12/13/12 8:14:55 PM#25
TSW is a PVE focused game.
  Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 8:24:15 PM#26
Originally posted by cyclonite51

Although strangely enough, there are lots of people doing PvP in TSW and enjoying it.

rawfox

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 9:25:52 PM#27
Originally posted by Ortwig
Originally posted by cyclonite51

Although strangely enough, there are lots of people doing PvP in TSW and enjoying it.

I think that was a surprise for Funcom, im mean in that scale.

Goin by fact, they are human and they are not 1000 coders, it needs time to serve and they try.

Rayshe

Novice Member

12/13/12 9:33:06 PM#28

I am the most Avid defender of TSW you will find on this site. The PVP isnt that great, It can be in doses however quickly loses fun when you run into a game where you are clearly outmatched or against a pre built group.

However if you manage to get yourself a pre built group you can shine and really love PVP because with the pre built group you have orgainization and a healer. Also the main thing seen in pvp isnt the AR, Only people who played beta or at launch will say that. Glance tanks are what everyone plays. the idea being that You cant hit me, however everytime you try you take damage.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Kuppa

Novice Member

The problem with censorship is ********

12/14/12 11:35:59 AM#29
Originally posted by Rayshe

I am the most Avid defender of TSW you will find on this site. The PVP isnt that great, It can be in doses however quickly loses fun when you run into a game where you are clearly outmatched or against a pre built group.

However if you manage to get yourself a pre built group you can shine and really love PVP because with the pre built group you have orgainization and a healer. Also the main thing seen in pvp isnt the AR, Only people who played beta or at launch will say that. Glance tanks are what everyone plays. the idea being that You cant hit me, however everytime you try you take damage.

Like Rayshe said, the game has a ton of good thing but pvp ain't one of them.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/14/12 12:16:07 PM#30
Originally posted by Rayshe

PvP is much improved with patch 1.5 -- better balanced matches and people having fun.  I guess my only requirement of  anyone who wants to review a feature of any game (not just TSW) is that they actually play it before commenting, which you have done.  Thanks for an honest post.  That said, there are certainly counters to Glance Tanks, and just about any other build.  ;)

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62639

2 Pages « 1 2 Search