Trending Games | Villagers and Heroes | World of Warcraft | Landmark | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,140 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,843
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » How can lifetimers get back at Funcom?

10 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Search
192 posts found
  Traugar

Novice Member

12/13/12 10:56:59 AM#121
Originally posted by Vesavius
Originally posted by Traugar

OP why do you want to get back at Funcom?  Obviously something about the game interested you or you wouldn't have bought a lifetime sub to begin with.  And obviously you like the game, or else you wouldn't still be playing it.  This is a way for them to continue to pay for a game that you like, and give you people to play with.  The alternative could mean a game that you like being taken offline. So why are you complaining?  They give you all kinds of benefits, and still you complain.  They do so in an attempt to get more people into a game that you like, and still you complain.  I really don't understand your attitude. 

Maybe he just dosen't like being lied to... I'm not sure.

I have a lifetime sub, and for the life of me I can't find where I was lied to.  I was told they would give me a snakeskin jacket, some other crap, reserved name, extra character slot, 10% discount in the shop, and that I would never have to pay a sub.  I am still getting all that plus some cash for the shop. So I guess if you want to call it a lie that they are giving me more than I payed for then yea I guess you could say they lied to us.  

Sigurd57

Apprentice Member

12/13/12 12:45:15 PM#122
Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
I'm a life timer and I love the changes.  Can't wait.  Get some more people to this fantastic game!

I feel the same.  The game deserves to succeed.   As for the bitterness of having bought Lifetime Sub, I don't feel slighted at all.  It has covered my sub to this point, and what Funcom is offering going forward isn't an insult for sure.  

Not sure why people seem to upset about it.  People should be happy they are doing SOMETHING to keep the game viable and populated.

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

fallenlords

Novice Member

12/13/12 2:38:44 PM#123
Originally posted by lizardbones

What is the material change that happened to the Lifetime Subscribers? What do the Lifetime Subscribers not have now, that they had before?

There is no case here.

Unless of course you want to get into little known legal things that nobody here is qualified to discuss. Oh, and said legal things that would cost any lifetime subscriber far more money than they would get back from Funcom.

** edit **
I haven't seen anyone answer the question yet. What actually changed for the Lifetime Subscribers?

Thing is the customer you annoy today will not be a customer tomorrow.   I would call for Funcom to refund any dissatisfied customer as a gesture of good will.  Probably most will stay if they were presented with more than one option, but they have no options they are just being dictated too.    That tends to annoy people because any sort of contract is a two way commitment, not one way. The customer in this case has not moved the goal posts, Funcom have.  They need to appease the customer.

Yamota

Elite Member

Gaming should be about fun, not gender equality.

12/13/12 2:42:29 PM#124
I would rather they kept the sub. fee but removed the cash shop.
  Johnie-Marz

Advanced Member

12/13/12 2:43:37 PM#125
Originally posted by banzai014

So Funcom is laughing all the way to the bank with lifetimers' money. We haven't even seen a return on our investment (12+ months sub time) and TSW has already gone F2P. Instead, we are being given a sop for wanting to support Funcom and trusting their "we won't go F2P anytime, cash shop is cosmetics-only" promise - for a $15 month's sub, players now get $10 in Funcom fake monies that expire after 6 months and 20% discount on all per-character (not even account!) clothing/pets (non-DLC items) bought from the cash shop.  It would be cheaper to buy the $5-10 monthly DLC from the store than sub in this game. 

Of course we can't vote with our wallets, Funcom already has our money. Rather than listening to our complaints, Funcom would be more apt to ban us for being disruptive in chat / forums since they've already milked us cash-wise and we're now just a drain on server resources.

So how can lifetimers protest? We have to do it through word of mouth. It's our duty to warn players from this game. We must warn our friends, our family, warn people in the forums we frequent. Let our cautionary tale make it known that only fools part money with Funcom.

I remember the opposite, Ragnar Tornquist said in an interview he was sure The Secret World would go free to play. The interiew caused quite a buzz.

tyfon

Novice Member

12/13/12 2:53:16 PM#126

I just wanted to chime in.

My wife and me have lifetime subs and are very happy with the changes. We get a lot more now.

The lead dev also stated that the mission packs would be bundled over time and eventually be rolled into the base game, so if you return after two years you can buy all new content with the 6 month points.

He also stated that he was talking to the suits about not expiring the points at all.

Anyway. We still get more than before and loads of new players. Very happy.

Roin

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 2:56:31 PM#127
Originally posted by Vesavius

OP why do you want to get back at Funcom?  Obviously something about the game interested you or you wouldn't have bought a lifetime sub to begin with.  And obviously you like the game, or else you wouldn't still be playing it.  This is a way for them to continue to pay for a game that you like, and give you people to play with.  The alternative could mean a game that you like being taken offline. So why are you complaining?  They give you all kinds of benefits, and still you complain.  They do so in an attempt to get more people into a game that you like, and still you complain.  I really don't understand your attitude. 

Maybe he just dosen't like being lied to... I'm not sure.

I have a lifetime sub, and for the life of me I can't find where I was lied to.  I was told they would give me a snakeskin jacket, some other crap, reserved name, extra character slot, 10% discount in the shop, and that I would never have to pay a sub.  I am still getting all that plus some cash for the shop. So I guess if you want to call it a lie that they are giving me more than I payed for then yea I guess you could say they lied to us.  

Don't drag logic into this argument. The op didn't when he created the post. So no need for them now . Personally as a lifer I'm very happy with the change. Enough points to buy a DLC if I "want" to.  If I do not "want" to I can use the points for something else.  My subscription is still free.  Still got all the items I had when I originally became a lifer.  A 20% discount in the store, and free item every month.  Just more proof that people will complain about anything.

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

docluedeman

Novice Member

12/13/12 3:05:34 PM#128

I think the o.p. needs to step away from the keyboard for a bit and try to regain some perspective.

I've read and re-read the terms of service and the end user license agreement as well as every other bit of documentation I could find and I fail to see where anyone was being lied to about...well, anything.

VikingGamer

Advanced Member

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

12/13/12 3:06:03 PM#129

How is this a surprise? Of course you could see it coming from the very beginning. At first I figured F2P, but as soon as they announced the first Issue, you could see that it would likely go B2P. The model simply fits.

And yes, I still bought the lifetime sub. Why?

Uh, because it is a good game? Because there are usually good perk for being a lifer even in a free game?

Am I still happy that I bought it know that I know about the change? Yes.

Consider this. The people who bought the SWTOR CE payed almost as much for that as TSW lifers (75% as much) What did they get for all that money in the now free SWTOR? About $10 is store credit. ONE TIME ONLY! Oh, and an ingame banner. woohoo!

I am thinking the additional $50 for the TSW Lifetime sub was well spent.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

orionblack

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 3:16:40 PM#130

Just to let you know, your question is probably covered in the term of agreement contarct you signed when you first logged in to play. They (Funcom) more than likely covered themselves somewhere in there if you just look for it.

If I can find a ToS agrrement some where i'll help ya out.

lizardbones

Hard Core Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

12/13/12 3:23:25 PM#131

Originally posted by fallenlords

Originally posted by lizardbones What is the material change that happened to the Lifetime Subscribers? What do the Lifetime Subscribers not have now, that they had before? There is no case here. Unless of course you want to get into little known legal things that nobody here is qualified to discuss. Oh, and said legal things that would cost any lifetime subscriber far more money than they would get back from Funcom. ** edit ** I haven't seen anyone answer the question yet. What actually changed for the Lifetime Subscribers?  
Thing is the customer you annoy today will not be a customer tomorrow.   I would call for Funcom to refund any dissatisfied customer as a gesture of good will.  Probably most will stay if they were presented with more than one option, but they have no options they are just being dictated too.    That tends to annoy people because any sort of contract is a two way commitment, not one way. The customer in this case has not moved the goal posts, Funcom have.  They need to appease the customer.

You responded to my post, so thank you.

You did not answer the only question that seems relevant. What have the lifetime subscribers lost? In what way has Funcom hurt the people who purchased a Lifetime Subscription?

I understand what happened. They removed the subscription cost. Will someone please connect the dots from dropping the subscription cost to the way that Lifetime Subscribers have been hurt or where they've had something taken from them? What did they lose?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Yamota

Elite Member

12/13/12 3:27:05 PM#132

Originally posted by lizardbones What is the material change that happened to the Lifetime Subscribers? What do the Lifetime Subscribers not have now, that they had before? There is no case here. Unless of course you want to get into little known legal things that nobody here is qualified to discuss. Oh, and said legal things that would cost any lifetime subscriber far more money than they would get back from Funcom. ** edit ** I haven't seen anyone answer the question yet. What actually changed for the Lifetime Subscribers?  

You did not answer the only question that seems relevant. What have the lifetime subscribers lost? In what way has Funcom hurt the people who purchased a Lifetime Subscription?

I understand what happened. They removed the subscription cost. Will someone please connect the dots from dropping the subscription cost to the way that Lifetime Subscribers have been hurt or where they've had something taken from them? What did they lose?

It is quite simple. I sell you a car, including lifetime of repairs, for X amount of money. Then one month later I sell the same car, including life of repairs for 1/10th of X amount of money,

Obviously the previous buyer would be pissed. However I dont think there is a legal leg to stand on. Gaming companies have the right to change their pricing as they like.

orionblack

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 3:28:58 PM#133
Originally posted by Yamota

It is quite simple. I sell you a car, including lifetime of repairs, for X amount of money. Then one month later I sell the same car, including life of repairs for 1/10th of X amount of money,

Obviously the previous buyer would be pissed. However I dont think there is a legal leg to stand on. Gaming companies have the right to change their pricing as they like.

Kind of doesn't make sense, since what i'm getting as a free to play account does not equal to your lifetime account.

Also I am wondering are they still available , the life time account options ??

lizardbones

Hard Core Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

12/13/12 3:31:41 PM#134

You responded to my post, so thank you. You did not answer the only question that seems relevant. What have the lifetime subscribers lost? In what way has Funcom hurt the people who purchased a Lifetime Subscription? I understand what happened. They removed the subscription cost. Will someone please connect the dots from dropping the subscription cost to the way that Lifetime Subscribers have been hurt or where they've had something taken from them? What did they lose?  

How is that different from every single other video game that's every been written? Aside from Blizzard titles and (so far) Guild Wars 2?

** edit **
You also left out the car dealer delivering a bottled coke to the person who first bought the car once a month.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Nephaerius

Novice Member

12/13/12 3:32:19 PM#135
Originally posted by orionblack 

Yes you can still purchase a lifetime sub.

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

Yamota

Elite Member

12/13/12 3:35:24 PM#136

Kind of doesn't make sense, since what i'm getting as a free to play account does not equal to your lifetime account.

There is no free to play account, the game is buy to play. But yes they do not equal the lifetime accounts but, what I guess the OP feels, is that the difference is negligeble. Also allegedly Funcom said they would not go F2P? Which is technically true because they went B2P but I dont think that matters to people who shelled out 100+ for the lifetime sub.

Personally I dont see an issue because the game is tanking so they are now basically offering a lighter "lifetime account" at a heavily reduced price. Happens with any game that does not sell well.

Also I dont understand why, in this age of F2P/B2P conversions, anyone would pay for a lifetime account. Just dont.

winter

Advanced Member

12/13/12 3:39:56 PM#137
Originally posted by Mardukk
Originally posted by anthonyc999
explain to me how this is a bad thing for life timers they get 
  • Every month Grandmaster accounts will receive $10 worth of Bonus Points. These points are valid for 6 months and can be used towards any Item Store purchase.
  • Every month Grandmaster accounts will receive the Item-of-the-month: a special gift to all Membership accounts to the game.
  • As a Grandmaster you receive a permanent item: The Time Accelerator. This item is available to all your characters and increases your experience gain by 100% for one hour and has a 16 hour cool-down!
Further, what used to be a discount of 10% discount to only social items in the Item Store has now been extended to be a discount on everything in the store. As members are getting a 10% discount to everything in the store, Grandmasters now receive a 20% discount! 
which technically is more then what we would have gotten if the game didnt go B2P?

Don't cloud their arguments with facts...

^This^

of course for some people the QQ'ing and whine reflex kicks in before their minds actually have time to think things through.

"What Funcoms giving me more for my lifetime subscription then i would have gotten before they went B2P? Those bastards!"

orionblack

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 3:46:15 PM#138

There is no free to play account, the game is buy to play. But yes they do not equal the lifetime accounts but, what I guess the OP feels, is that the difference is negligeble. Also allegedly Funcom said they would not go F2P? Which is technically true because they went B2P but I dont think that matters to people who shelled out 100+ for the lifetime sub.

Personally I dont see an issue because the game is tanking so they are now basically offering a lighter "lifetime account" at a heavily reduced price. Happens with any game that does not sell well.

Also I dont understand why, in this age of F2P/B2P conversions, anyone would pay for a lifetime account. Just dont.

Sorry buy to play ^^. Well i was asking since you know you get all the furture content , but just saw that the expansions will be in the 5-10$ range, so that does not seem bad at all.

As for all you guys that are upset over this, I can only point out another mmo that has gone "f2p" within the year and doesn't get it. SWTOR...nuff; said. 

Deadvolt

Novice Member

Revenge is best served cold, bullets however are best served hot.

12/13/12 4:05:02 PM#139
I personally see lifetimers as a sort of "investment" in the game. Let's be honest, most sub games are turning into either cash shop or B2P (with a few excepts like WoW and Rift, etc). Lifetimers are basically getting the subs out of the way, but most games that have offered this option have gone f2p, and what do you get? You get an in game currency every month and a bunch of other perks. The currency typically is usable for expansions, and that's what lifetimers are getting: a lot of perks, and investing in the game so in the future they can buy all the expansions using in game currency which they're paid out each month. You're paying up front for the whole of the game's life. This is how it's been for me with my lotro lifetime sub, as well as TSW. The big thing is, you have to like the game enough to be able to come back to it after you take breaks. That's not the case for me an lotro because that's become pay to win (and so I kinda got burned on my lifetime sub, but hey, that's "investing"), compared to TSW which seems mostly cosmetic and I love how different the game is.

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

Twilight33

Novice Member

12/13/12 4:56:06 PM#140

any educated person who bought the lifetime subscription did it fully knowing this would happen. thus why the majority of us have no problem with this change.

look at the track record of any funcom game. they have all switched to this model with similar lifetime benifits.

the only issue i have with my benifits is the expiration on my points.

10 Pages First « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » Search