Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,816,466 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,987
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Where did everyone go?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
94 posts found
  jayfeeler69

Novice Member

9/28/12 1:53:49 PM#21

Ive been a lifetimer since beta. The game is literally dead right now. Most only log in for dungeons or the updates (which are getting smaller statrted at 6 and now only 2 quests 2 months later). The problem lies with endgame, its a horribly bad wow clone

MindTrigger

Advanced Member

9/28/12 1:57:38 PM#22

I loved the flavor of this game, but it's far too shallow for me.  It should have been more of a hybrid themepark/sandox instead of a pure themepark.  They blew it on that.

I really miss the game, but once you quickly burn through the limited content, and you've done 50,000 instance runs, it gets old fast.  Unfortunately even casual players can complete this game from 30-60 days without even trying hard.

Missed opportunity in my opinion, because the characters, world and lore kick ass.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

plutosams

Novice Member

9/28/12 2:00:15 PM#23
Probably most people have moved past Egypt, the game has been out for a few months now.  I just got into Transylvania and there are always people around.  In my guild I would saw about half playing are at end game and the other half and spread throughout Transylvania and Egypt, with a few stragglers still in New England.
  jayfeeler69

Novice Member

9/28/12 2:01:43 PM#24
Originally posted by plutosams
Probably most people have moved past Egypt, the game has been out for a few months now.  I just got into Transylvania and there are always people around.  In my guild I would saw about half playing are at end game and the other half and spread throughout Transylvania and Egypt, with a few stragglers still in New England.

No one is in transylvania either, the game is literally hemmorhaging subs

User Deleted
9/28/12 2:08:25 PM#25
Originally posted by jayfeeler69
Originally posted by plutosams

No one is in transylvania either, the game is literally hemmorhaging subs

hahaha....that's funny...my cabal is bustling everytime I log on...if Im in Argatha (havent been to Trans yet...still in Egypt) I can't read my ever-flowing guild chat because there are too many people speaking on Argatha chat....but i guess it's dead.

The endgame isn't the best, but it's there.  It's only been a few months since launch....I can remember vanilla WoW having close to no endgame (as a matter of fact most of the level 50 - 60 zones were incomplete)....why do so many people expect so much from a company that just released a game?  Especially one with a smaller budget than most companies....

You only have to look at AoC to realize that endgame content will more than likely quadruple by the end of year 1 and you won't even recognize the game by year 2.

jayfeeler69

Novice Member

9/28/12 2:12:19 PM#26
Nobody is coming back to this game, thats the biggest fanboi statement Ive constantly heard. Listen people are leaving because the game is a very bad incomplete wow gear grind clone. The game has the WORST pvp system around. The story is unrepeatable just like TOR. Thats why people are leaving. Anyone who says the game is bustling is flat lying. Look at chronicle, every day leaders on top are disappearing as their sub runs out.
  Theocritus

Apprentice Member

9/28/12 2:14:44 PM#27
    TSW sounded great in theory but just turned out bad.....Funcom is the kings of great ideas and poor execution in their MMOs.
  Andistotle

Apprentice Member

9/28/12 2:21:07 PM#28
I see pepole everywhere when I play, and finding Dungeon groups is realy easy. Im on the RP server which have very good poppulation. When Raid comes in october, when pepole are tierd of GW2 and MOP maybe the population will rise. The game is far from dead thats for sure.
  Sluske

Novice Member

9/28/12 2:21:26 PM#29

I think with MoP and GW2 just releasing we are going to see a little low pops. Both those games are getting a luke warm response so I believe you'll see people coming back over the next few weeks.

Lukewarm? 

If you say so...

jayfeeler69

Novice Member

9/28/12 2:24:20 PM#30
Originally posted by Sluske

I think with MoP and GW2 just releasing we are going to see a little low pops. Both those games are getting a luke warm response so I believe you'll see people coming back over the next few weeks.

Lukewarm? 

If you say so...

SO If lukewarm is GW2 selling 2 million what does TSW selling only 1/10th that make it?

User Deleted
9/28/12 2:38:20 PM#31
Originally posted by Sluske

Lukewarm? 

If you say so...

SO If lukewarm is GW2 selling 2 million what does TSW selling only 1/10th that make it?

He's speaking of the reception, not the sales....

jayfeeler69

Novice Member

9/28/12 3:09:22 PM#32
Well reception wise its still gotten better marks than TSW. At least GW2 is trying to be innovative. TSW tries to be a wow clone at endgame
  User Deleted
9/28/12 9:08:31 PM#33
Well reception wise its still gotten better marks than TSW. At least GW2 is trying to be innovative. TSW tries to be a wow clone at endgame

hahaha....pretty funny....especially since GW2 boasts that endgame starts at level 1....there is NO endgame in GW2....it's just doing stuff you could have done while leveling....TSW has a good start with endgame....nothing groundbreaking, but it's only been a few months...at least TSW won't charge another 50 bucks to play expanded content....Im afraid the beloved and overrated ANET will.

GW2 can't lay a finger on the innovation TSW has brought to the table...all GW2 did was unlock maps where other games did not...and destroy the trinity system....what an innovation...let's take two steps backward in order to innovate???

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

9/29/12 12:00:08 AM#34
Originally posted by Randayn

hahaha....pretty funny....especially since GW2 boasts that endgame starts at level 1....there is NO endgame in GW2....it's just doing stuff you could have done while leveling....TSW has a good start with endgame....nothing groundbreaking, but it's only been a few months...at least TSW won't charge another 50 bucks to play expanded content....Im afraid the beloved and overrated ANET will.

GW2 can't lay a finger on the innovation TSW has brought to the table...all GW2 did was unlock maps where other games did not...and destroy the trinity system....what an innovation...let's take two steps backward in order to innovate???

As much as I love both TSW and GW2, I gotta say TSW should have never been built with a trinity system. The open skill system would have been amazing with no trinity and a more dynamic role system. As it is, it kind of shoots itself in the foot.

"All these cool skills! but you better not use any of these ones cause you're a tank. Oh, healer? Ya don't even TOUCH these skills they are for DPSers."

Zinzan

Advanced Member

9/29/12 12:51:33 PM#35

For my part, while i really enjoyed TSW, i have finished all the content now and i see no reason to subscribe anymore.

Content updats area  joke, i might resub for a month in 12 months time, but more likely it'll be F2P by then anyway.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

templarx

Novice Member

9/30/12 1:58:33 AM#36
Originally posted by BrotherD
The setting in TSW was great  but like AoC you blew through content in a month and leaving only endgame dungeons and raids to do. This only support what I have said before TSW is more like a themepark than a sandbox.

Indeed, TSW is unfortunately as much a Themepark as 90% of all MMOs out there.Even GuildWars 2 has actually done a better job at making it worthwhile "going back" to lower areas. TSW, while you can still go back to say Kingsmouth with QL10 gear and get "something" , it's not worth it, therefore the "lower" areas are getting emptier. I'm pretty sure this was not the initial idea for TSW, i always thought the idea was they were going for a GW2 type of situation where it is always rewarding to go to any area and either explore further or repeat some of the quest lines while leveling NEW weapons...but alas, somehow i did not realise.

The bigger concern is also, Transylvania has a serious increase of group quests , as in , almost half the quests are against elite mobs requiring some group play. So it might become worse for players who are trying to complete most of the quests there.

When i first entered Agartha (the travel hub) , i actually thought this is how they plan to add content and expand the world. Maybe that was the plan, dunno, but i expected a new area or zone leading from all those portals say every 3 months. As it is, they're only adding 2-4 quests per month in existing zones.

User Deleted
9/30/12 2:01:27 AM#37
Originally posted by Kyleran

Not a lot of people joining up new, and no real incentive to create alts to re-run content, going to leave a real void at the lower levels.

Best to wait for it to go F2P which will breath new life into the lower levels. 

If/when it goes F2P or B2P I'll be joining in on the fun.

User Deleted
9/30/12 2:17:15 AM#38

I cancelled my sub when I heard its going f2p. Its realy sad the game din't sell that much. I loved the game, but f2p was never a way to save a game. Its a slow and painfull death.

User Deleted
9/30/12 2:24:59 AM#39
Originally posted by Randayn
Originally posted by Default101
Not usually a good sign when the game goes half off mere months after release.

Rift is 5 dollars at any store and the game is still awesome.

TSW is half off because it wants to sell more, but ALOT more played into it's lack of sales than building a successful game.  I think the game is great, but with lack of advertising, bad reviews (read them, they didnt even play the dang game) and all the other big title releases coming out, it was hard for them to sell.  Funcom just needs a new PR department :P

agreed .also the fact that countries which dont even have vat like pakistan have to pay it in monthly subs is a big big letdownnnn

User Deleted
9/30/12 4:59:15 AM#40

TSW is probably the biggest victim of the GW2 hype.  I can't help, but feel the game would of performed better if it would have launched about a month to a month and a half after GW2.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search