Trending Games | Villagers and Heroes | World of Warcraft | Landmark | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,089 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,751
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » Reviews & Impressions » Funcom is a joke. Never play this game.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
120 posts found
  Shozer

Novice Member

The Greatest lovers were murderers first.

8/08/12 12:52:31 AM#21
Originally posted by lavosslayer
I smell a Troll...this thread is like so many other threads on this site, where the person makes some crazy claim in order to rile up the other trolls to start mudslinging at a game for whatever arbitrary reasons they can come up with...I wish they got tired of doing that sooner...I know I'm tired of reading one thread after another of this crap...

I agree. I typically won't participate in a discussion like this because of those same reasons but someone may actually learn how to cancel their subscription by reading this post and save us all from another rant thread from developing.

mf16

Novice Member

8/08/12 12:56:54 AM#22
I'm lost is this 2 different people with the same problem ore did the op log onto his main acct on accident to respond? I seriously mean no offense but it looks to me that the op started with the thread and now someone else entirely is responding about the problem.... i might not be reading right as i am tired just asking.
  saxifr

Apprentice Member

8/08/12 12:57:15 AM#23
Originally posted by erictlewis
Originally posted by saxifr

I hate to say this but when you entered your paypal you gave them permission and you got an email from paypal stating the fact you signed up for a recurring plan.

It is up to you to go to your papal account and delete the subscription from them, otherwise this will happen again.

this is not new your the 4th person in the past week to create this very same topic. You have to cancel the sub at the paypal site.

You should have gotten an email saying you agreed to the billing the minute you entered your paypal info.  it is there in the email you got from paypal the second you did it.  So I am calling user error in failing to read what you signed up for.

here is the email that paypal sent me after I Signed up with my account it is very precise. Check your email folder because this is what I got the second I entered my paypal account info. 

Hello IIIIIIIIIs,

You've signed up for preapproved payments plan with Funcom SARL .

To view the details, log in on the PayPal homepage, go to your Profile, and click Preapproved Payments. Then click Funcom SARL:PA-*************.

Thanks,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, 

PayPal Email ID PP1506

I never received any such email, and every single time I logged into their website I made sure my payment info was deleted and there was no option to cancel the game. Instead it said "upgrade to premium membership".

I already explained that you have to go to the paypal account and delete that payment method, nothing you do at funcom is going to work until you delete the paypal side.  The reason you see upgrade only is you already cleared for month to month.

Oh and another thing paypal send you an email for every transaction, so something dint sound right, you should have gotten an email stating payment had been made to funcom for x dollar amount.  I been using paypal for 8 years and I have an email folder that has every transaction I ever made since day one.  So something is wrong, or your emails are going to your junk folder.

It is not hard to understand  Other folks have posted pictures, and told you were to look.  I have to wonder if your the same fellow from last week who was moaning about this very topic.

Anyway if you do a charge-back your done with funcom, it is there policy to perma ban you for that.

Yuh, thanks for that, the option was not in there.

And...I'm done with Funcom. Permanently. Could care less what they think about me.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

8/08/12 12:57:27 AM#24

Sad thing is we had this very topic in this very forum twice last week, and the same answers have been given out.  All it is is somebody is angry that the got charged, but we should put the blame where it is

user comprehension, and user error.

This is not funcoms fault,  somebody just either does not understand how to cancel a recurring billing from paypal or they don't want to understand.

Leviathon77

Advanced Member

8/08/12 12:57:32 AM#25

I give little credit to the OP on this one. Any MMO I have ever subscribed to had to have an account created. They obviously had his billing info if they billed him and he willingly gave that up to FunCom. He violated the EULA and like most of those in this age of entitlement, he doesn't feel he should be liable for his own mistake and cried to PayPal. I would ban the acocunt too.

But, like in most of these posts, the OP posts and vanishes like a ninja while we are left to debate his mistake.

saxifr

Apprentice Member

8/08/12 12:58:25 AM#26
Originally posted by mf16
I'm lost is this 2 different people with the same problem ore did the op log onto his main acct on accident to respond? I seriously mean no offense but it looks to me that the op started with the thread and now someone else entirely is responding about the problem.... i might not be reading right as i am tired just asking.

I have no idea who the OP is. I only have one account on this or any other forums.

Read back through the AOC forums, I wouldn't at all be surprised if you see some sketchy crap about Funcom's billing practices.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Odinthedark1

Novice Member

"A fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others."

8/08/12 1:01:20 AM#27

Funcom is a slimy company, they know they can get away with stuff like that...most other games end your sub once the game account is frozen or billing is deleted...but as soon as you enter your info for funcom they instantly resub you...i quit AoC for 6 months and came back for a week, i didnt know i would still be "subbed' if i didnt even have viable billing, but low and behold i typed in my new card for a $3 cosmetic item and sub started up again without consent and by the time i found out it was too late... the OP may have trolled a bit with the game but the company is actually slimy and best to stay away unless you are confident your billing is foolproof.

Edit: And no im not the same person as the OP lol i had the same problem.

Edit 2: nvm that was directed at someone else but either way, ill admit it is user error but at the same time as i said the account sub should end when it first becomes frozen no other company does it this way and it seems they get alot of people like this.

saxifr

Apprentice Member

8/08/12 1:01:22 AM#28

Sad thing is we had this very topic in this very forum twice last week, and the same answers have been given out.  All it is is somebody is angry that the got charged, but we should put the blame where it is

This is not funcoms fault,  somebody just either does not understand how to cancel a recurring billing from paypal or they don't want to understand.

One more time, in english: I do not have a recurring billing from paypal, and in the folder I have for all of my paypal emails, there is not one stating that I was being set up for recurring billing.

I do have the email stating I was billed for the 49.99. No recurring billing email.

Say it with me again, kids, "No recurring billing" email.

Funcom GM's acknowledged repeatedly that they charged me (with what payment info, I don't know because I deleted it), and they would not be giving my money back.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Shozer

Novice Member

The Greatest lovers were murderers first.

8/08/12 1:04:46 AM#29

One more time, in english: I do not have a recurring billing from paypal, and in the folder I have for all of my paypal emails, there is not one stating that I was being set up for recurring billing.

I do have the email stating I was billed for the 49.99. No recurring billing email.

Funcom GM's acknowledged repeatedly that they charged me (with what payment info, I don't know because I deleted it), and they would not be giving my money back.

Even if all of this wasn't of your own fault, your blame is being wrongly directed. If your payments were being processed by Paypal, you're issue is with them. All Funcom does is request the funds from them. It's up to Paypal to ultimately release them.

saxifr

Apprentice Member

8/08/12 1:06:51 AM#30
Originally posted by Shozer

Even if all of this wasn't of your own fault, your blame is being wrongly directed. If your payments were being processed by Paypal, you're issue is with them. All Funcom does is request the funds from them. It's up to Paypal to ultimately release them.

Why doesn't Funcom know this?

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

8/08/12 1:07:02 AM#31

This is the thread from the other day

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/359297/page/3

Dont you think your beeting a dead horse atm.

saxifr

Apprentice Member

8/08/12 1:08:32 AM#32

This is the thread from the other day

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/359297/page/3

Dont you think your beeting a dead horse atm.

No, I think I'm responding to people who keep saying I'm either too stupid to use billing software or I'm a sock puppet.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

maji

Spotlight Poster

8/08/12 1:09:20 AM#33
I had the same happen with Funcom with AOC, before AOC went free to play. Got a mail about returning for free, without any cost, for a week or so. Did that, played it, decided not to sub again. Checked my bills later, and saw that they had withdrawn the subscription amount. O_O

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Havekk

Hard Core Member

8/08/12 1:15:49 AM#34

Something's not stirring the kool-aid here... You don't just buy an mmo and start playing.. You ALWAYS have to set up a payment option. If you did tat through PayPal, based on the terms from funcoms billing, it would automatically enter you into a reoccurring billing cycle. You won't get an email, it's just a screen where you click "ok" and agree to it. 

saxifr

Apprentice Member

8/08/12 1:21:15 AM#35
Originally posted by Praetalus

Something's not stirring the kool-aid here... You don't just buy an mmo and start playing.. You ALWAYS have to set up a payment option. If you did tat through PayPal, based on the terms from funcoms billing, it would automatically enter you into a reoccurring billing cycle. You won't get an email, it's just a screen where you click "ok" and agree to it. 

Bottom line, they already had my credit card info. I paid the 49.99 with paypal. I do not recall seeing anything that says "oh you're going to be billed 14.99 in perpetuity". I did everything I could possibly think of to do to make sure my account had no ongoing sub, including checking paypal options and pre-approved payments (none), and then deleting all my payment options from funcom's website. I did not receive an email, but numerous people in this thread and the other thread state they DID receive an email from paypal.

I agree completely that "Something's not stirring the kool-aid here", which is why I'm so angry about the surprise 14.99 charge and the complete and utter failure of Funcom customer service to acknowledge the problem and show any kind of empathy or take any steps whatsoever to say anything but "No".

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Lakytus

Novice Member

8/08/12 1:26:00 AM#36
To be fair, deleting payment info isn't an obvious way to cancel a subscription to anything.  You should actually have to press a button that says "Cancel" and the site should acknowledge somehow and say that your subscription is cancelled.  However, most replies have stated there is a Cancel option as well.
  saxifr

Apprentice Member

8/08/12 1:28:23 AM#37
Originally posted by Lakytus
To be fair, deleting payment info isn't an obvious way to cancel a subscription to anything.  You should actually have to press a button that says "Cancel" and the site should acknowledge somehow and say that your subscription is cancelled.  However, most replies have stated there is a Cancel option as well.

There was no cancel option on Funcom's web page. At least, not in my case. I agree, if they were going to charge me another 14.99, they should have provided me the option to cancel and prevent that charge. If they had provided me this option, I never would have fallen into their customer service meat grinder and I wouldn't be so incensed with them.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Beacker

Novice Member

8/08/12 1:34:00 AM#38

I could have told you this after how bad AoC was. Great game and concept crappy devs. I am beginning to think Funcom is a cash grab company and doesn't really care about its players. I tried the secret world in beta and did not care for it. Great concept but Funcom was a huge let down. They just can't put out a superior product. You would think after how bad AoC was with bugs and to this day still is they would have made sure to get TSW right, Content, bugs you name it.

Sixfeetunder

Novice Member

----------------------Game: EQ 1&2-SWG-WoW-DnL-DDO-SoH-GW1-AoC-WAR-Aion-Rift-SWTOR-D3-TSW-GW2

8/08/12 1:40:14 AM#39
Originally posted by Beacker

I could have told you this after how bad AoC was. Great game and concept crappy devs. I am beginning to think Funcom is a cash grab company and doesn't really care about its players. I tried the secret world in beta and did not care for it. Great concept but Funcom was a huge let down. They just can't put out a superior product. You would think after how bad AoC was with bugs and to this day still is they would have made sure to get TSW right, Content, bugs you name it.

Same problem with every mmo and compagny since few years....now i play only the free month and maybe some f2p

mythosopic Xfire Miniprofile
  bcbully

Elite Member

8/08/12 1:49:34 AM#40
Originally posted by Beacker

Quote by Becker in response to GW2 not being ready for launch GW2.

"OP no MMO is ever truely finished. It is how they add the needed content after the game comes out that matters."

Why don't you hold GW2 to the same standard?

So much wrong with you post. I think people can see beyond this type of stuff now.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search