Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,821 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,620
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » FORUM EXPERIMENT: Do You Play This MMO?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
94 posts found
  marcust

Existentialist

8/03/12 9:20:25 PM#41

(makes a point of not reading any other responses before answering)

-~- Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:

Yes, I wanted to see where they were going to take the secret societies.

-~- Do you currently play this game?:

Yes

-~- If yes, please explain why:

There are times when I want to play a single player MMO and just go along for the ride, to be entertained the way I am when reading a good book. This is the sort of game that allows that to happen. Its strange, I dont enjoy single player games anymore, but soloing through an entertaining MMO feels right.

-~- If no, please explain why:

-~- What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:

TSW and Lotro - I have real life family and friends that play Lotro and I enjoy doing things with them. I know this is a contradiction of my previous point but sometimes I want to do things alone, and sometimes I want to group with people. The ingame party chat in Lotro is the key.

-~- What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

When I dont have the time to engage myself in playing, I like to have a quick read of this site and if I feel I have something worth contributing than I will. I only noticed this thread because it happened to be on the front page at the time.

Playing: GW2, Lotro
Also played and worth mentioning: UO, WoW, Lineage2, Darkfall, TSW, ESO

arieste

Novice Member

8/04/12 10:53:26 AM#42
Originally posted by MikeB

Hey guys,

I'd like to do a forum experiment on some of our most trafficked forums. This will be simple and straightforward. Below, you'll find a set of basic questions that I'd like you to answer (copy and paste the questions as is into your reply, retain all formatting, do not add anything). This isn't a discussion thread, so responding to other users' responses is not allowed. These posts will be removed.

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:

Yes i was.  Because it's made by funcom and has a very cool setting.

Do you currently play this game?:
Yes

If yes, please explain why:

Because it's fun.  Has a great story and world.

If no, please explain why:

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:
EQ2 - great endgame.

TSW - amazing story and world immersion, made by Funcom.

LoTRO - great story and world immersion

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?
ALways interesting to talk about major released MMOs in general.  Also interesting to discuss TSW with other players.  Finally, since I am playing the game, i'm able to offer first-hand opinions to those that are interested but aren't playing.

Thanks for your responses! Remember, please just copy the above questions and answer them straightforwardly if you'd like to participate in this.

If you are going to participate, please remember to answer all questions.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2
Currently Playing: EQ2, Firefall

Sovrath

Elite Member

8/04/12 11:01:01 AM#43

Sort of.  I like Lovecraft and horror stories and the general mythology of the game.

Yes

The atmosphere and puzzles.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:

Tera for world and combat pvp

Aion for world and combat pvp

Vanguard for exploration and Final Fantasy 14 as there is something whacky about that game that compels me.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

I like talking about games that I have an interest in or have tried or I'm currently playing.

Orphes

Novice Member

You make, you buy, you die!

8/06/12 2:50:07 PM#44

Yes, it catched my interest a few years ago. Now I dont really remember why, it could be as simply as this would be a new MMO or it was the settings. One thing that remember is a campaign, or competition, where Funcom made a clue or something that we soul descipher to get a webadress. I'm can't remember it precisely, but something in the line of that.

Yes

The story and quest are great. It's at the moment the most fun time I have among the games I have.

EVE Online, the unique setting for player interaction in all its shape and form. A refreshing developer behind EVE Online.  A great setting... and it's about spaceships.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

It's a game that have an interest in.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
"You have the right not to be killed"

mindw0rk

Novice Member

8/06/12 3:03:55 PM#45

Not really. Few gameplay videos didnt impress me much and I didnt know what to expect from the game.

Hell yeah. 

The game was a huge surprise for me both in fun and quality. World, quests and characters are above everything in MMORPG genre. Really like digging into the lore, discovering new things and following story. PvP is meh, but I hope Funcom improves it in future.

Only TSW. I'll buy GW2 when it comes out just for battlegrounds PvP (was bored with any kind of PvE there)

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

Im not posting much here. But come once in a while to read interesting topics.

Spartan212

Novice Member

8/06/12 3:16:30 PM#46

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:  Yes.  It seemed like a new take on MMOs.  I loved the story and setting

Do you currently play this game?:  No

If no, please explain why:  Too expensive.  If it was B2P I would be all over it.  I can't justify playing a new game with a Box, sub, and cash shop.  Also, from what I've seen, it's very buggy and somewhat low on content.  Will probably revisit in a few months if the sub price is eliminated and more content is added

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:  None at the moment.  Will be playing Guild Wars 2.  I like the B2P model and the gameplay

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?  I don't post very often, but I do check the forum to get game updates from the players

elocke

Spotlight Poster

8/07/12 7:52:15 PM#47

Yes.  I love the art style and the setting and the idea of a deep combat system.

No.

After 2 weeks the game lost all of it's hold on me.  The sense of discovery and wonder was gone once I got to the final zone.  The story isn't really immersive to me even though the world can be in the beginning areas.  The combat system is extremely  annoying when fighting mobs and takes far too long making combat a chore and not fun.  The skill system is the ONLY aspect of the game with any depth and even that is not as deep as I thought it would be.  The game feels very small and penned in.  Not worth a monthly fee in any shape or form.  I feel the same way about this game offering a subscription as I did when DDO launched and did the same thing.  We all know what happened there, so I see this game going F2P soon, as it deserves.

Hopping around between Lotro, Rift and Vanguard until GW2 comes out.  Played that game and haven't been let down over 20+ hours of play and the games has me in withdrawal symptoms.  Something TSW never gave me.

I don't really post here much, now that my initial honemoon of the game is over and my first week of disappointment is behind me.  The game just doesn't matter to me much anymore, although I do check in from time to time to see how it's growing, something I love about this genre.

http://www.twitch.tv/elockethemmoaddict

https://twitter.com/MMOAddicted

gurugeorge

Novice Member

8/08/12 6:18:31 PM#48
Yes, because I like Funcom, I think they're developers who try a bit harder than most to provide something original, I tend to follow what they do, so I followed TSW on and off for the past few years.

Yes, I'm currently playing the game.  Started on first day of Live and still playing.

Because I'm enjoying the hell out of it still.

On and off I play: EVE Online because it's got a lot of depth, Champions Online because I love coming up with superhero concepts and realizing them, and EQ2 because it's got a lot of depth.  I am also looking forward to playing Vanguard when it goes f2p.  I've subscribed several times to Vanguard but recently stopped due to low pop, but if the pop picks up I'll be back in there like a shot, as it's probably the best PvE MMORPG out there.

I don't post frequently here, I've only made a few posts.  On those occasions (like this one) when I've posted, it's to support the game and show my enthusiasm for it.

Karazul

Novice Member

8/21/12 3:00:51 PM#49

No, I wasnt interested, just curious. I played WoW before and was waiting the launch of GW2.

Do you currently play this game?: If yes, please explain why: If no, please explain why:

Yes, because I liked the story line, quests, evolution concept of the game, graphics. After sometime playing it I can say that its the best MMO so far, in my humble opinion (the score here agrees with me). And I played a lot of them (including WoW, Everquest, SWTOR, UO, etc).

Now Im just playing TSW. I canceled all other subscriptions, including WoW after trying out MoP Beta (the game will still be the same with some pokemon like game... and I am tired of the game that WoW became... easy mode and no brainer). I still play GW when I have time, though.

I always visited mmorpg.com just to read the news and this week I decided to take part in the community, to exchange ideas and make friends in the game I am playing.

hardicon

Novice Member

8/21/12 3:12:41 PM#50

Hey guys,

I'd like to do a forum experiment on some of our most trafficked forums. This will be simple and straightforward. Below, you'll find a set of basic questions that I'd like you to answer (copy and paste the questions as is into your reply, retain all formatting, do not add anything). This isn't a discussion thread, so responding to other users' responses is not allowed. These posts will be removed.

not really.  followed it just through your site and thought it was interesting but probably was not gonna play it at the time.  didnt start seriously following it till beta weekend 2 when I was bored with my other game so i spent 5 bucks at gamestop to get into the beta weekend.

yes

mainly for the setting.  its pretty much the only horror themed game.  the quests are alot of fun and actually make you think a bit instead of just go kill ten rats (plenty of those types of quests also but the investigation missions are a pure joy to me).  I really like the dungeons with little trash, lets you get in and get to the meat of the dungeon with having to chew through all the gristle first.  The ultimate reason though is the skill system.  I can sit all day and play around with the skill wheel coming up with new interesting builds to try out.  i dont feel locked into one type of character like I do with other games where you pick a class and that is all you can be for the entire life of the game.

currently just playing tsw and I listed the reasons above.

I like the game and I normally try to honestly refute people slamming this game with halftruths and outright lies.  I dont really like seeing any negative stuff about games but when it is not true I really want to let people know about the lies and halftruths.  tsw has some issues, every game does, and that is fine if people want to list those issues, but at least keep it honest.

Thanks for your responses! Remember, please just copy the above questions and answer them straightforwardly if you'd like to participate in this.

Ocenica

Novice Member

8/21/12 3:19:05 PM#51
 No.  I didn't know anything about the game until near a month from release.  When I did learn about it, it was mostly from opinions of BETA testers that had enjoyed the game and posted opinions on these forums.
No, I do not.
 N/A
 I was initially excited for the first 2 weeks and enoyed it immensly.  After making some poor choices with the skill wheel I quickly found the game overly difficult.  I re-ran some old content, but the length of time to correct my incorrect spec's quickly turned into yet another quest grind fest.  The game then lost its luster and I left.
 Aion. I am only level 10 in this game and I find it a nice and inexpensive distraction while waiting for Guild Wars 2.
 The main page recent forum post garner about 80% of my entire attention on this site.  That little box on the left that changes every 5 seconds is about the only reason I frequent MMORPG.com.  Well that and MMOFTW on Mondays.

Skooma2

Advanced Member

8/21/12 3:25:50 PM#52

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:   Yes, but, only because I follow new/upcoming releases on this site and I was between MMOs.

Do you currently play this game?:  Yes, I do.

If yes, please explain why:   1) No levels; 2) no classes, you just pick up a couple of weapons and go; 3)  It has a variety of different quest/mission types, including investigation missions you solve using your functional in-game web browser; 4) most importantly, IT IS FUN

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:  I am only playing TSW.   The last MMO I played full-time was LotRO, but after ISengard, I went into an MMO malaise.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?   Nothing COMPELS m,e to do anything.  I actually posted here because I saw that this topic existed on the site's homepage.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

laserit

Elite Member

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

8/21/12 3:34:43 PM#53
Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:  yes The subject matter sounded very intersesting.

Do you currently play this game?: yes

If yes, please explain why: I find the game entertaining. I like the character progression and the mature oriented content. The game difficulty is about right for me.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: TSW and Vanguard. The sense of adventure and a pve challenge.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?  When I would like to add to the conversation ( a lot of the conversations just aint worth adding to)

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee

Wolvards

Apprentice Member

8/21/12 3:36:03 PM#54

No I do not.

N/A

Played in the first BWE, and it just didn't grab me in any way. The combat felt lackluster, I don't care for builders/finishers, it just seems blah to me. I also didn't like the character animations, the jumping stood out the most. The deck system looks cool but it's still trinity, and it's not that I don't like trinity, it's just right now we aren't getting along, it takes time, a small break from it, but for right now, we need our space. 

Current MMO's for me is: DAoC -- Huge PvP fights, and it's my first love (I know it's trinity based). That is my only MMO at this time. I'm currently playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier while waiting for GW2, just killin time.
Tried SW:TOR again, can't do it, same reasons as before. Warhammer i'll kick on a couple times with the endless trial.

Well I don't really post too often, but honestly I just hover over threads and read what most people are putting input on. I posted here cause, well what the heck, it's lunch break and i'm using it up.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Hopscotch73

Tipster

Urgle blurgle geflurgle.
Need more coffee.

8/21/12 4:09:54 PM#55

Yes, because of Ragnar and because the modern day / Lovecraftian vibe appealed to me. 

Nope

I honestly don't know, loved it during testing, maybe overplayed it then. When it came out, I just didn't seem to want to log in that often after the first couple of weeks. Didn't sub. Not anti the game at all.

I'm still playing SWTOR, believe it or not. I'm alternating between levelling alts and running ops on my main. I want to see how all the storylines play out. Plus, I'm still having fun (must be a total weirdo, I know) otherwise I'd have quit long ago. I was a total KOTOR freak, and the temptation of a HK companion will keep me going for another while. 

I don't post here really anymore - this thread just showed up on Recent Forum Posts and looked interesting. 

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

8/21/12 4:21:23 PM#56

Hey guys,

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:Mildly

Do you currently play this game?:nope

If no, please explain why:Played the trial and lasted 20 minutes,the game is pretty boring and too much hand holding.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:Wiz 101 for the kids and friends kids.If not for kids i would not play it.I actually still have an active EQ2 sub ,however i quit that game because of too much cash shop push.

You do realize that probably MOST people discuss threads on the main page under CURRENT activity,we don't snoop around sub forums.

This is suppose to be a game discussion site not a FANSITE,so i would expect most people like to discuss all gaming in general without a care for any particular sub forum.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

dreamscaper

Hard Core Member

8/21/12 4:21:38 PM#57

I was at first, but then the cash shop part was announced and that killed my initial interest. After the game launched, I picked it up on a whim due to the positive reaction it seemed to be receiving and I've been playing since then.

Yes.

I love the setting and faction setup. Despite some quirks I think the skill wheel system they have in place is a really nifty setup. The missions are engaging and well written, and the investigation missions are one of the most enjoyable features I've ever encountered in a MMORPG.

Besides TSW, I'm also currently playing Ryzom and Wakfu. Ryzom is a forgotten gem of virtual world design that has a huge number of unique features from a pre-WoW era. Also, the Zorai are full of win. Wakfu has more charm than any MMORPG I've ever played. It's adorable, whimsy, has a number of interesting classes that are augmented by the unique turn based battle system, and the four-nation political and ecological systems are lots of fun to play with.

I generally don't check subforums frequently, usually only posting when I see an interesting thread title scroll through on the main MMORPG.com page.

<3

Pale_Fire

Advanced Member

8/21/12 4:29:57 PM#58

No, not really.  The concept didn't initially grab me and I didn't do much to research the system or concept until the game was released.

Yes.

I love the setting, the storyline, the missions and the cutscenes.  All are very interesting and engaging to me.  I have also grown to like the combat system and the freedom and variety of play style it offers.

Just TSW, though I'll be playing GW2 on release.

I enjoy and support the game and want others to have a realistic perspective on TSW.  I also enjoy sharing experiences and perspectives with other TSW players that support the game. 

Thorbrand

Novice Member

8/21/12 4:30:33 PM#59

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?: Yes, mordern day MMO with skill customization.

Do you currently play this game?No!

If no, please explain why: End of Story and MIssions. Another MMO without enough content at launch. Best game in 10yrs however.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles? None! There are no MMOs worth playing.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?Well to push the definition of a MMO on these forums since it is lost on what a MMO is suppose to be. To many games today are titled MMOs when but the definition of a MMO they are not MMOs. 

Thorqemada

Hard Core Member

8/21/12 11:21:46 PM#60

I had light interest but stopped following the development and P.R. when i found out "Mechwarrior Online" is in development.
Tried TSW out bcs of boredom and was pleasantly surprised about the game and started to play it frequently and subbed.
I like the setting, the story, the different approach to level and skills, the look, the pace.

No.

Got into the beta of a game i have much more interest in.

1) Beta MMO - big fan of its setting and gameplay so totally different from levelbased tab combat big progression gap MMOrpgs.
2) WoW - group of friends running dungeons starting to get bored beyond imagination.

I like the game and want to stay at least in touch with to see how it fares and once and then give an opinion about it as i do visit MMOrpg.com anyway every now and then.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
The Very Model of a Modern Major General (Grievous): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiQw7kPqf8

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search