Trending Games | Landmark | Villagers and Heroes | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,215 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,016
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » Beta Reviews & Impressions [ARCHIVED] » I'm just glad to have a new mmo that doesn't disappoint

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

6/26/12 8:00:20 AM#21
The pvp is not bog standard.

While its not as good as classics like daoc & planetside. The only current big game with better pvp is eve.

Tsw pvp is infinitely better than wow / rift / swtor style shite.
  raistlinm

Novice Member

6/26/12 8:09:03 AM#22
Originally posted by GTwander
Originally posted by Blacknd
Originally posted by Four0Six

I play MMOs for the group aspect, it adds a dymanic componant. But if the formula is one of solo solo, then do a group, I feel it is bleh.

I hear this a lot, but what's stopping you from grouping to do the content?

Probably all the other players that simply *won't* because coordinating will just slow them down.

Fact of the matter is (when it comes to grouping), people will only do it when the content is something they can't handle alone - or - the speed of progression is somehow faster if they do. Look at FFXI's lack of grouping now that there are easier/faster ways of leveling than hunting mobs way higher in level than you whie grouped.

~I have personal friends I game with, and if the content is soloable, then that's how we end up doing it.

I don't believe this line of thinking is as true as you make it seem, seriously ask yourself how often you see people in any game truly advertising that they are looking for a questing partner simply for standard quests?  For me the answer would be rarely if ever now I could go with that line of reasoning if the complaining subsect would be active vocal communitiy members who actively recruited for standard questing but again it's just not something I see in any game they simply do the same thing as everyone else (solo all solo content) then come onto the forums to complain that no one groups.

What the earlier poster can boil it down to is again the difference between forced grouping or not because if people aren't speaking up and acctiviely seeking people to group with I don't see how they expect anything else.

For the record after switching servers in TOR I have found myself often seeking and finding people willing to group for normal content.

muthax

Advanced Member

6/26/12 8:34:23 AM#23
Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
Be careful, people here hate when anyone is positive about anything.

yes, if you don't hop on the hate train, you get flack for it

and don't dare counter the trolls, the mods here are...well... weird....

korent1991

Apprentice Member

6/26/12 8:51:32 AM#24

O but it DOES dissapoint me...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
-------------------------------

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

6/26/12 8:56:45 AM#25
Originally posted by Terronte
Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
Originally posted by moreblahblah

Does it have some flaws? Sure it does, the CC leaves a bit to be desired however the fact you have thousands of clothing articles to wear teands to make up for this, no longer wll you have everyone running around looking the same. Besides Funcom have committed to revamping the CC and allowing character created to obtain what you might call plastic surgery.

The PvP in the game is top notch, enough said.

Ability wheel is full of depth and will keep you thinking for a long time to come.

The missions are full of interest and difficulty. No more face rolling!

Combat and animations while still needing a bit of work (something Funcom has also commited to) are imersive and often times reflect the power of your combat.

Overall a solid 9 out of 10. 

Be careful, people here hate when anyone is positive about anything.

Overly positive is bad.

1.Character creator sucks...but will be fixed..at some point?

2. PvP...suppose that's personal opinion, nothing new here.

3. Missions are indeed pretty darn good.

4. Combat and animations need work.

Note:OP said those things, yet gave it 9/10.

Yeah, that's my issue with opinion's like this, 9/10 is damn near perfect, with almost no need to change/improve on anything. 

People just grade too easily in my opinion, there isn't a 9/10 on the market today (though some are close) regardless how long its been out, much less at launch.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
"People can do with their money what they want. But... that doesn't make it smart" - COORS
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

2 Pages « 1 2 Search