Trending Games | ArcheAge | Diablo 3 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,892 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,456
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » Beta Reviews & Impressions [ARCHIVED] » Found one major issue / flaw in TSW

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

6/24/12 12:16:58 PM#21

Originally posted by Kuppa

Originally posted by Nitth  

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by Kuppa I believe their biggest "issue" is that the game is p2p in an increasing f2p/b2p market.
can't really argue with that p2p model seems to be dwindling down
  Based on what assumptions?
Are you debating that p2p models are dwindling down? or something else?

Yes.

its relevant to the argument. hes questioning the longevity of the game, and now were touching on how p2p (if its indeed in decline) will impact the products life cycle.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Kuppa

Apprentice Member

The problem with censorship is ********

6/24/12 12:19:43 PM#22

Originally posted by Kuppa I believe their biggest "issue" is that the game is p2p in an increasing f2p/b2p market.

Yes.

its relevant to the argument. hes questioning the longevity of the game, and now were touching on how p2p (if its indeed in decline) will impact the products life cycle.

I believe the business model is VERY important to the longetivity of the game. Choosing the wrong business model can shorten your products life cycle. I think its very relevant to the argument. Im not sure why you think it isnt....

Nitth

Elite Member

6/24/12 12:21:44 PM#23

Yes. its relevant to the argument. hes questioning the longevity of the game, and now were touching on how p2p (if its indeed in decline) will impact the products life cycle.
I believe the business model is VERY important to the longetivity of the game. Choosing the wrong business model can shorten your products life cycle. I think its very relevant to the argument. Im not sure why you think it isnt....

>.> thats exactly what i said above?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Kuppa

Apprentice Member

6/24/12 12:24:42 PM#24

Yes. its relevant to the argument. hes questioning the longevity of the game, and now were touching on how p2p (if its indeed in decline) will impact the products life cycle.

>.> thats exactly what i said above?

of course, if I learn how to read it would help! (thought it said irrelevant)

My bad, still I dont understand exactly what you are trying to ask. If its wether p2p is in decline, I would think its pretty obvious.

User Deleted
6/24/12 12:28:45 PM#25

Guys, the thread is about alts and replayability. Let's stay on topic, i think we've had enough threads about subs and the business model arlready

Kuppa

Apprentice Member

6/24/12 12:33:12 PM#26
Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Guys, the thread is about alts and replayability. Let's stay on topic, i think we've had enough threads about subs and the business model arlready

hmm if you are talking about my post, Im not sure how its not relevant. He mentions that if the game is sub having no alts affects this. I know I don't talk about alts but I thought it was still on topic. Ill drop it either way, dont want any trouble....have had enough already in these forums.

gamekid2k

Novice Member

OP  6/24/12 12:34:36 PM#27
Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

I am going to say limit the wheel so that everyone can't be jack of all trades!.  If certain skills are not used overtime it get "forgotten".  That how it is in real world (TM).

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Xstatic912

Apprentice Member

6/24/12 12:37:32 PM#28
Yea I have to agree that p2p is on a decline and also the business model a company choose is also critical..

I think the right balance lies in offering both models from launch, but kinda make it compelling for persons at least want to sub for at least 1 or 2 month..

This gen of mmo players all race to cap then quit and that can happen in the space of a month.. Now if those gamers return to there Cap char later down to progress a few they might choose the F2P option or re-sub our one month..

The thing is the F2P model option can't be too restricting and for those who sub, they should have access to stuff the F2P doesn't have, not just cosmetic stuff and special discount.
  Xstatic912

Apprentice Member

6/24/12 1:08:06 PM#29
The flaw with TSW is, the same flaw that in most mmo. almost no one likes there char to be weak at one thing and excel at the other..

I've been playing this weekend for 2 days straight in pvp and the same problem I foresee is happening.. Almost everyone one is a hybrid build and if not hybrid then its dps.. Forget about dedicated healing spec being effective, not when 90% is split between dps and hybrid. The chance of healing being effective is slim.

also I don't think this game has much replayability for me, the exclusion of no level, let it feel like i'm just playing to get AP and Sp points until its all filled out and after that its blah.. Why would I want to do that all over again? They claim that you build your char how you Want and be effective.. We all know that's a lie because soon as someone finds a good synergy it will be copied.

They have a good idea its just executed so so manner, anlnd that what sets a good dev like blizz and arena net apart from the rest that's doing mmo, Execution of ideas..
  Nitth

Elite Member

6/24/12 1:12:03 PM#30

Originally posted by Terronte

There's nothing stooping you rolling other characters, you could in fact specialize each character only using a portion of the skill wheel you desire.      
Did they state their policy on characters and characters per server? i recall early on they were stating like 1 per server or something?

Can have multiple factions on same server i believe was the final verdict.

Nitth

Elite Member

6/24/12 1:13:37 PM#31

Originally posted by Xstatic912
Almost everyone one is a hybrid build and if not hybrid then its dps.. Forget about dedicated healing spec being effective, not when 90% is split between dps and hybrid.

O.o Nearly everyone's a tank over dps?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search