Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,766,457 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,149
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
87 posts found
  Enliven

Novice Member

6/26/12 2:07:51 PM#61

I don't understand what the hate here is. The creation choices are somewhat limited, but with a little knowledge a player can obtain clothes from any of the factions main cities right away, which is a LOT of clothes. London offers a classy shop of clothes, ny obviously street type clothes, and seoul has it's own style as well. You can get to these three places directly after making your character and clothes in them are cheap. People forget this is the Secret World, finding thing takes a little searching. Also to note, at final minutes of the last beta, there were 100's of people in agatha and I promise there weren't two look alikes, I know cuz I checked.

JuJutsu

Novice Member

6/26/12 8:36:51 PM#62
Originally posted by Enliven

I don't understand what the hate here is. The creation choices are somewhat limited, but with a little knowledge a player can obtain clothes from any of the factions main cities right away, which is a LOT of clothes. London offers a classy shop of clothes, ny obviously street type clothes, and seoul has it's own style as well. You can get to these three places directly after making your character and clothes in them are cheap. People forget this is the Secret World, finding thing takes a little searching. Also to note, at final minutes of the last beta, there were 100's of people in agatha and I promise there weren't two look alikes, I know cuz I checked.

The reason you don't understand is because you think it's all about wearing different shirts. Everyone is exactly the same height. Everyone is exactly the same weight. Most facial differences [lips/nose/jaw] are a few pixels apart. Apparently clones wearing different shirts is fine for you. I'm glad you're satisfied so easily. I'm glad there's lots of things to like about TSW, it makes up for the worst character creation I've ever seen in an mmo.

Arkain

Apprentice Member

Hows your google-Fu?

6/26/12 8:44:29 PM#63

If I can make my self, I'm happy

Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

6/26/12 8:48:53 PM#64

I don't understand the borderline obsession people have with the character creation in MMO's.  As long as my toon doesn't look like a complete pansy I couldn't care less.  I kind of understand real life women that play MMO's wanting their character to look pretty but cmon guys let's find some testosterone.  No one cares what you look like and you shouldn't be losing sleep about tiny little outfit BS.  Especially considering that the devs have said that more options will be available at launch.

Let's all complain about gameplay and that it is yet another themepark with smallish zones and combat boredom issues.

Voiidiin

Hard Core Member

Soylent green is made from PEOPLE

6/26/12 10:20:26 PM#65

I already pre-ordered TSW and while i hate the pricing (Box-Sub-CashShop) the character creation really disappoints. On the other hand i am not one of those players who zooms in on the faces of my toons. Generally the backside is all i ever see so its not a deal breaker for me. 

What i do wish Devs of all stripes would start to include is more ugly options, fatties, ultra skinny (gaunt), really short, really tall, bad acne, under sized boobs, fat butts, gaunt butts. I can go on but i want less barbie doll and more garbage pail kids. Especially in a game like TSW where its in a contemporary setting, not high fantasy, or furture sci-fi but more of a now-adays present time with horror.

I dunno i think Funcom dropped the ball here with this, but i also understand the thinking behind it with PvP and bandwidth constraints, but that does not make too much sense when you think of the myriad of clothing outfits avail.... hmm i dunno.

Lolipops !

Arkain

Apprentice Member

Hows your google-Fu?

6/27/12 4:56:29 PM#66
Originally posted by stranger911
Originally posted by Arkain

If I can make my self, I'm happy

Dude......the resemblence is striking. Assuming the avatar is you.

Yes my avatar is me, and thank you.

Patsilver

Novice Member

6/27/12 6:21:01 PM#67

I'd like to see more of everything added to CC. My biggest problem with it is that every male toon has the same weightlifter body. Same weight same height. I hope they add sliders for height and weight soon after launch.

Mexorilla

Apprentice Member

6/27/12 6:27:44 PM#68
Originally posted by JuJutsu

I'm glad there's lots of things to like about TSW, it makes up for the worst character creation I've ever seen in an mmo.

did you ever play world of warcraft?

rznkain

Novice Member

6/27/12 7:38:49 PM#69

I guess I am different I do not really care about char creation.Rest of you I guess if you do you can probly buy alot of barbie dolls with the cost of the box price of tsw :=p

nationalcity

Apprentice Member

6/27/12 7:44:22 PM#70

This topic has been debated to death on here and on the forums basically what we see is what we get atm if you don't like it guess you play something else simple as that....

I can't stand the CC but am willing to look past it atm because I like the game.. But I'm not waiting months on end for more customization either though... If they do nothing I will probably hang around about two months like I did Swtor....

Worstluck

Novice Member

No man controls my destiny... especially not one who attacks downwind and stinks of garlic.

6/27/12 7:46:15 PM#71
Originally posted by Kaocan
Originally posted by dangle
Originally posted by Panthien
Same reason the OP and haters avoid reaction to the face image Ive posted, it clearly proofs them wrong.
?I thought I replied last time...
Look at your pictures. The cheekbones are in the same place on every single one. There isn't even a difference between male and female. The shape of the brow is the exact same. The distance between mouth and eyes is identical. The distance between eyes is identical. The necks are identical. The shape of the cranium is identical.
Hop over to the EVE forum if you want to see characters that are actually different and unique.

EVE? You mean the game where you dont actually play a character, but a ship?

And you must be looking at different pictures than we are, either that or your definition of 'identical' isnt 'identical' to ours. Not to mention either you are having difficuly reading what others are wrtingin your thread, or you never actually played TSW at all and have no idea what they are talking about. I wonder which it is.....

Eve's character creator is the best I have exprerienced in western MMO's.  Maybe you have not heard of a thing called Incarna?  We can walk around our captains quarters now.  Here is video of someone creating a character for EVe for your viewing pleasure since you seem to be misinformed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOA8am-6kwA

As far as TSW's character creating, it does not hold a candle to Eve's sorry.  Personally I don't care too much either way.  TSW's is not great imo, but hopefully it can only get better. 

kartool

Hard Core Member

6/27/12 7:47:50 PM#72

Well I look at it this way. How many games released  in the past 5 years with great character creators have actually been good games? APB? AoC? CoH? STO?

I'd much rather see resources go into gameplay, bug fixes, and the like than have awesome character customization in a broken or crappy game.

xenogias

Advanced Member

6/27/12 7:56:00 PM#73
Originally posted by wolfmann

Won't find much arguments against this tho..

As the "double dipping" only happends to the RP'ers(and those caring for looks).

If they had put PvE dungeons, PvP areas, PvP/PvE weapons and such in the cash shop however... The world would be on fire.

What do you think is next? Exaclty, Dungeons, PvP maps, ect will be in subscription based cash shops.

And please stop with the "The company has to make money" arguments. What the hell do you idiots think the subscription fee is for? No, they do it BECAUSE so many people will just bend over and accept whatever companies want to shove in there. You are really naive. First it simply wasnt acceptable. Now its cosmetic items. Next it IS regular content. How long from now, who knows. But it is going to happen because to many gamers out there are not smart enough to stand up for thier rights and not support thoes games/game companies.

Thats when gaming will be dead for people like me. People who value the money we make and refuse to let companies exploit our hobbies.

xenogias

Advanced Member

6/27/12 7:57:21 PM#74
Originally posted by kartool

Well I look at it this way. How many games released  in the past 5 years with great character creators have actually been good games? APB? AoC? CoH? STO?

I'd much rather see resources go into gameplay, bug fixes, and the like than have awesome character customization in a broken or crappy game.

Except by many accounts TSW is broken and buggy in many ways. Besides, they didnt do it because they spent resources elsewhere. You can bet they still made customisation, its just sitting there waiting for the cash shop.

kartool

Hard Core Member

6/27/12 8:00:53 PM#75
Originally posted by xenogias
Originally posted by wolfmann

Won't find much arguments against this tho..

As the "double dipping" only happends to the RP'ers(and those caring for looks).

If they had put PvE dungeons, PvP areas, PvP/PvE weapons and such in the cash shop however... The world would be on fire.

What do you think is next? Exaclty, Dungeons, PvP maps, ect will be in subscription based cash shops.

And please stop with the "The company has to make money" arguments. What the hell do you idiots think the subscription fee is for? No, they do it BECAUSE so many people will just bend over and accept whatever companies want to shove in there. You are really naive. First it simply wasnt acceptable. Now its cosmetic items. Next it IS regular content. How long from now, who knows. But it is going to happen because to many gamers out there are not smart enough to stand up for thier rights and not support thoes games/game companies.

Thats when gaming will be dead for people like me. People who value the money we make and refuse to let companies exploit our hobbies.

No sub based game without a f2p option is going to charge extra for access to content beyond expansion packs which is already a normal practice. It won't happen. The backlash would be insane. If you get upset over cosmetic items being offered in a cash shop, you know stuff that is purely optional then you might as well quit MMO's because that my friend is a trend that's going nowhere. When people are willing to pay $25 for a cosmetic mount the floodgates were opened.

If it bothers you that much, speak with your wallet by not buying the game.

kartool

Hard Core Member

6/27/12 8:03:25 PM#76
Originally posted by xenogias
Originally posted by kartool

Except by many accounts TSW is broken and buggy in many ways. Besides, they didnt do it because they spent resources elsewhere. You can bet they still made customisation, its just sitting there waiting for the cash shop.

I disagree with your broken and buggy statement being in CBT and all, but we're all entitled to our opinions. But I'm sure you have proof about the customizations going to the cash shop because you got your hands on some internal memos or something?

JuJutsu

Novice Member

6/27/12 8:05:28 PM#77
Originally posted by Mexorilla
Originally posted by JuJutsu

I'm glad there's lots of things to like about TSW, it makes up for the worst character creation I've ever seen in an mmo.

did you ever play world of warcraft?

Yes. The only character creation system I've seen that competes with TSW is Planetside, a pure pvp game where the avatar is just a weapons platform.

Theocritus

Advanced Member

6/28/12 11:52:45 AM#78

In msot games character creation isn't all taht important to me, but in TSW it seems like it matters more.....THere isn't the usual race differential traits like we see in most games so tehre needs to be something to make me feel like my tamplar is different from my dragon and illuminati....Unfortunately they all feel and look the same and even have such limited options that it makes it even worse.....As a result I had no immersion with any character.

BartDaCat

Advanced Member

Gamer Forums, where "First World Problems" are our specialty!

6/28/12 12:03:49 PM#79

So, were you looking for a game with different races that come in various shapes and sizes, or did you want to be a radioactive mutant in the midst of a bunch of humans that are covertly part of different secret societies?  I don't get it.

I saw a LOT of clothing and costume options.  Would I have liked more hair and scaling options?  Sure, but this was "The Secret World", NOT Charry-Charr and Green Skinned Wood Elf Land or Orcmania With My Pal the Cow Headed Upright Companion.

Maitrader

Novice Member

6/28/12 12:09:35 PM#80
Originally posted by BartDaCat

So, were you looking for a game with different races that come in various shapes and sizes, or did you want to be a radioactive mutant in the midst of a bunch of humans that are covertly part of different secret societies?  I don't get it.

I saw a LOT of clothing and costume options.  Would I have liked more hair and scaling options?  Sure, but this was "The Secret World", NOT Charry-Charr and Green Skinned Wood Elf Land or Orcmania With My Pal the Cow Headed Upright Companion.

lmao I love it!! its a charry-charr world now .. didn't you know? best have your sylvphen homeys and roll with the big Norns

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search