Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,966 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,107
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
87 posts found
  dangle

Novice Member

OP  6/18/12 2:09:50 AM#1

Just look at this player cycling through random presets: http://youtu.be/oJ3AOEMpIfQ

Kind of telling since the game will have an item shop for clothes... so we will have to pay for actual character customization.

aesperus

Elite Member

6/18/12 2:15:45 AM#2

Ya, that's one of the things I noticed. I really don't understand why they went w/ one of the most expensive business models for this game. Box price + sub + cash shop is a HUGE turnoff for a lot of people. I also kinda feel like the game seems designed more like a single player game, making the price seem even more absurd.

That said, the limited customization did seem odd, but didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The atmosphere in this game is so unique that I spent most of my time paying attention to it rather than my character. It was kinda jaggering in the helicopter scene of Polaris, though.

wolfmann

Novice Member

6/18/12 2:20:48 AM#3

Won't find much arguments against this tho..

As the "double dipping" only happends to the RP'ers(and those caring for looks).

If they had put PvE dungeons, PvP areas, PvP/PvE weapons and such in the cash shop however... The world would be on fire.

The last of the Trackers

User Deleted
6/18/12 2:22:01 AM#4
Originally posted by dangle

Just look at this player cycling through random presets: http://youtu.be/oJ3AOEMpIfQ

Kind of telling since the game will have an item shop for clothes... so we will have to pay for actual character customization.

And yet also you can get many outfits as drops in dungeons, and from in game shops too. So what they put afew unique outfits in the shop to help make money (omg alert the press a company trying to max their profits.), you can still get alot of vanity gear in game. Where the fact of the player looks there is but yet not a huge varience in looks of people, with alot of differences being from how you take care of yoruself, how you dress, mae-up, and such, but it could have been alot more i would agree. I like they actually spent more time on the actual part of the game you will be playing the story and such.

dangle

Novice Member

OP  6/18/12 2:27:27 AM#5

During that entire time you will see your character. And it will look like everyone else, and it will look like every single NPC you encounter.

User Deleted
6/18/12 2:29:12 AM#6

During that entire time you will see your character. And it will look like everyone else, and it will look like every single NPC you encounter.

lol so like all mmos largely now?

MoonBeans

Novice Member

6/18/12 2:33:11 AM#7

welcome to Secret Clone world

Agrias34

Novice Member

6/18/12 2:50:43 AM#8

The only thing that really looks the same to me are the faces.  Hairstyles and clothing are all totally different with different color options as well.  They even stated on their official site that these are not all of the current models that will be available at launch in 2 weeks time.

I've ran the Polaris dungeon about 5 times on all different occasions (so technically 20 other people total)and not 1 other person even resembled my character's clothing choices and hairstyle.  Even if they did, I wouldn't care.  I'm sure a lot of you are either still in high school / college and you mean to tell me that there aren't ever any people with the same hairstyles, hair colors and same colored clothing on all the time?

Anyways, not a big dealbreaker at all.  It's a minor influence that shouldn't change the game or your experience at all.  I really feel like people who don't like the game at all, and isn't suited for them are really trying to knitpick every little detail that could possibly be wrong in their eyes with the game. 

I like it, a lot.  I pre-ordered.  I was almost so very tempted to buy the lifetime sub, but I held back.  Maybe if I sold $200 more worth of items on Diablo 3 RMAH then I would have.

P.S.  I made $300 1st day of RMAH.  Really stupid, glad i got my money out of that game, literally, cuz I haven't even played it since RMAH launched a week ago.

kiiix

Novice Member

BoyaH!

6/18/12 2:57:15 AM#9

Really hope they will add advanced tabs for facial options(I really had a hard time creating a nice looking female character because every face more or less looked identical)

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
KiX0@Steam/Raptr

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

6/18/12 3:00:57 AM#10

Well the 3 characters I made looked different from each other, and I didnt come accross anyone with the same combination of clothing.... But even if i did it would not have bothered me because the gam is so much fun to play..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

wolfmann

Novice Member

6/18/12 3:01:04 AM#11
Originally posted by Agrias34

The only thing that really looks the same to me are the faces.  Hairstyles and clothing are all totally different with different color options as well.  They even stated on their official site that these are not all of the current models that will be available at launch in 2 weeks time.

I've ran the Polaris dungeon about 5 times on all different occasions (so technically 20 other people total)and not 1 other person even resembled my character's clothing choices and hairstyle.  Even if they did, I wouldn't care.  I'm sure a lot of you are either still in high school / college and you mean to tell me that there aren't ever any people with the same hairstyles, hair colors and same colored clothing on all the time?

Anyways, not a big dealbreaker at all.  It's a minor influence that shouldn't change the game or your experience at all.  I really feel like people who don't like the game at all, and isn't suited for them are really trying to knitpick every little detail that could possibly be wrong in their eyes with the game. 

I like it, a lot.  I pre-ordered.  I was almost so very tempted to buy the lifetime sub, but I held back.  Maybe if I sold $200 more worth of items on Diablo 3 RMAH then I would have.

P.S.  I made $300 1st day of RMAH.  Really stupid, glad i got my money out of that game, literally, cuz I haven't even played it since RMAH launched a week ago.

For a RP'er, its kinda big.

How would you have felt if you had to pay subscription, then had to buy Polaris in the cash shop to do it?

So, for some it is a dealbreaker...

I was planning on the lifetime too, until I saw the cash shop...  I realised I would still have to pay for my gameplay, despite lifetime sub, while PvP'ers and PvE'ers would get free content in each major patch.

And from talking to people ingame, I'm not the only one who changed my mind with the cash shop and fluff being "double dipp" content.

The last of the Trackers

Sameer1979

Apprentice Member

6/18/12 3:04:57 AM#12

There are so many clothing options, i never saw two players wearing same clothes. If you mean identicla in terms of face, body type and hairstyle..i agree. But devs already said they will release the game with more options for face and hair.

Blackbrrd

Novice Member

6/18/12 3:05:13 AM#13

That's the random presets for the head. If the random preset for the head had included the clothes you can select at startup as well, you wouldn't see anything looking the same in bloody ages.

There are a lot of clothes available as rewards from dungeons and you can buy them from ingame cash in the shops in London, New York and Seoul.

Agrias34

Novice Member

6/18/12 3:26:33 AM#14
Originally posted by wolfmann

For a RP'er, its kinda big.

How would you have felt if you had to pay subscription, then had to buy Polaris in the cash shop to do it?

So, for some it is a dealbreaker...

I was planning on the lifetime too, until I saw the cash shop...  I realised I would still have to pay for my gameplay, despite lifetime sub, while PvP'ers and PvE'ers would get free content in each major patch.

And from talking to people ingame, I'm not the only one who changed my mind with the cash shop and fluff being "double dipp" content.

I don't see how you've made any accurate presentation to anything I've stated.  For an RP'er, which I was for a while in WoW, it isn't a dealbreaker to find someone who resembles me nor dresses the same.  How many students or co-workers do you see that dress the same and/or have the same hairstyle.  Take a look at this, all females who are famous that look very similar in terms of face and hairstyles.  You can't say that just because someone looks like Katy Perry, it's completely ruined your experience and value of her songs / work! LOL

http://blog.pomacro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/katy-perry-look-alike.jpg

Secondly, I mentioned me doing Polaris as an example because it was the 1st time, other than playing with a friend, that I've actually needed to have other people to play with in order to complete.  Using it as an example to show that I still hadn't seen anyone who looked similar to me at all has absolutely nothing to do with if the dungeon itself was an item in the cash shop you had to unlock first....  I really don't understand people's thinking sometimes I swear.

Finally, the official forums have stated that the cash shop is only going to be used for vanity items such as pets/followers and casual items that can change your look even more.  It isn't going to be Pay to Win like some models, and you should be glad of that.  Oh boy, a company that is trying to make money through microtransactions!  Let's not play that game, it must suck cuz they want to make money! Lolz 

All I got are the 5 G's for you.   Good God Get a Grip Girl :P

dangle

Novice Member

OP  6/18/12 3:35:35 AM#15
Originally posted by Blackbrrd

That's the random presets for the head. If the random preset for the head had included the clothes you can select at startup as well, you wouldn't see anything looking the same in bloody ages.

There are a lot of clothes available as rewards from dungeons and you can buy them from ingame cash in the shops in London, New York and Seoul.

The faces still look the same. The body shape is still the same. It's like the clone wars all over again. A few clothes don't change this. Worst character creator I've seen in ages.

Agrias34

Novice Member

6/18/12 3:38:20 AM#16
Originally posted by Blackbrrd

The faces still look the same. The body shape is still the same. It's like the clone wars all over again. A few clothes don't change this. Worst character creator I've seen in ages.

Well, we could just be given a character creation model that has gender locked classes/factions and you can only change the facial features and not even the clothing.  You don't realize what you have, until you lose it.

dangle

Novice Member

OP  6/18/12 3:44:10 AM#17

Well, we could just be given a character creation model that has gender locked classes/factions and you can only change the facial features and not even the clothing.  You don't realize what you have, until you lose it.

The worst thing is that the demo they did at GDC 2012 included a size slider. Of course I realize that it's missing now.

I've played a lot of MMORPGs with at least races/classes locked to specific models, look at my registration date here. But I don't remember playing an actual MMORPG that didn't let me adjust more about the face than TSW. Lots of games are more restrictive but they aren't MMORPGs. Especially not MMORPGs that try to sell you additional character customization in an item shop.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

6/18/12 3:50:21 AM#18

The worst thing is that the demo they did at GDC 2012 included a size slider. Of course I realize that it's missing now.

I've played a lot of MMORPGs with at least races/classes locked to specific models, look at my registration date here. But I don't remember playing an actual MMORPG that didn't let me adjust more about the face than TSW. Lots of games are more restrictive but they aren't MMORPGs. Especially not MMORPGs that try to sell you additional character customization in an item shop.

I have played many MMORPGs where you ahve had 2 or 3 different face options and thats it..

I am pretty happy with the TSW one, liek i said all my characters looked different and i didnt meet anyone with the saem combination of clothing... I am very happy with that, if they want to sell additional clothing items in their cash shop good for them I wont even be looknig at it anyway so it dont bother me.

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Draxonfly

Novice Member

Head or Gut?

6/18/12 4:00:49 AM#19

Yeah the charter creator is quite sad.. and I know they said more will be in for release.. But how much more could they put in.. nothing body shape / height / age wise?.. Very sad 8(
Wanted an older Overweight guy with a dirty great big beard, and a dwarf, sorry 'little person', for an alt.. .. /sigh.. . 8(

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

6/18/12 9:07:36 AM#20

It's really horrible, to see so many faces again and again. Every time I met a new NPC and had cutscene with him I thought, wait, didn't I just see this guy before? Sorry, but that's really cheap. Should story-based characters not be more individual?

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search