Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Elsword | Elder Scrolls Online | Crowfall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,931,576 Users Online:0
Games:764  Posts:6,341,751
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
52 posts found
  Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

6/25/12 6:51:41 AM#41
Originally posted by Blackbrrd
Originally posted by Elsabolts

Ok Aeolron i will not post everything i know about Funcom but just one personel example. Bought collectors edition plus a 6 month sub to AOC and beta tested it. Around the 6 week mark after launch in there forums i asked this question " When will the 100 vs 100 pvp be fixed and when is the Barroom Brawling gonna be added ? I received a permannant ban for this question. Uninstalled the game and throw the collectors addition in trash.

AoC never had 100 v 100 PvP. They did say they had Sieges which were 48 vs 48 that didn't work at launch and got better after a while, but never got to the polished stage. You will be glad to hear that 100v100v100 works fine in TSW. I am guessing they are going to backport the engine changes they made in TSW to get sieges in AoC up to scratch.

Regarding the Barrom Brawling - yeah it never made it into the game. They have fightclubs in TSW though.

Anyway, you didn''t have to check out their trackrecord to see how TSW works, you could just have played it and seen how good it was. ;)

Funcom was promising 100 vs 100 leading up to beta.

pwain

Apprentice Member

6/25/12 8:47:33 AM#42

I played PvP yesterday. The reward system was quite similar to Star Wars The Old Republic.

Getting PvE rewards for PvP is in my opinion not the best way to motivate players.

freston

Novice Member

6/25/12 3:20:45 PM#43
Originally posted by Piiritus
Originally posted by EvilGeek

Definitely will keep me happy until GW2 releases and if I'm still enjoying it then I've got two games to enjoy, that feeling has been a rarity for quite a while. Good year for my gaming needs :)

Yup it's been a very long time since there were more than one playable MMO or any playable MMO at all  Seems like water is stirring in a reeking and stagnant pond called MMO industry.

On the other hand, i would have prefered if one of those two had gone out in 2011. You cant have everything , i guess.

freston

Novice Member

6/25/12 3:26:41 PM#44
Originally posted by Somsbal
Originally posted by Elsabolts

Around the 6 week mark after launch in there forums i asked this question " When will the 100 vs 100 pvp be fixed and when is the Barroom Brawling gonna be added ? I received a permannant ban for this question. Uninstalled the game and throw the collectors addition in trash.

Because that's obviously the full story...............

Not all moderators are the same. 2 different people claim they were treated in very different ways by the same company. Thats entirely possible with a big enough staff. You may have a room filled with courteous, professional  moderators and be unlucky enough to get the black sheep the day you post.

Thorbrand

Novice Member

6/25/12 3:30:49 PM#45
Originally posted by manus

same feeling for me, TSW is just refreshing.

I agree it was refreshing enough that I canceled my GW2 pre-purchased and will look forward to AA if TSW doesn't hold my interest.

Zeref.Dyver

Novice Member

6/25/12 3:55:58 PM#46

I can't even get their website to work... is it just me?

Soraksis

Advanced Member

6/25/12 4:02:38 PM#47
Originally posted by pwain

I played PvP yesterday. The reward system was quite similar to Star Wars The Old Republic.

Getting PvE rewards for PvP is in my opinion not the best way to motivate players.

Well maybe this will help you understand why that is.  They have stated that the gear in this game is the same for both pvp and pve.  There are no special attributes for pvp so there is no need for special gear.  The gear you obtain in pve will work for pvp and vice versa.  Hope that helps.

Thorbrand

Novice Member

6/25/12 4:05:37 PM#48
Originally posted by Zeno89

I can't even get their website to work... is it just me?

Been down all morning for me. But you can get to the account page.

taggzor

Novice Member

6/26/12 6:22:51 AM#49

Just wanted to add my voice to this thread. I also think this game is Awesome! It's just refreshing, something that hasn't been done a 100 times before and to be honest the game is really solid overall. /preordered

User Deleted
6/26/12 6:52:58 AM#50
Originally posted by taggzor

Just wanted to add my voice to this thread. I also think this game is Awesome! It's just refreshing, something that hasn't been done a 100 times before and to be honest the game is really solid overall. /preordered

The extremely prevalent use of refreshing really really disturbs me.

pwain

Apprentice Member

6/26/12 7:10:45 AM#51
Originally posted by Soraksis
Originally posted by pwain

Well maybe this will help you understand why that is.  They have stated that the gear in this game is the same for both pvp and pve.  There are no special attributes for pvp so there is no need for special gear.  The gear you obtain in pve will work for pvp and vice versa.  Hope that helps.

Looking back to Daoc a reward system which improves your char seems to motivate player more as "just" new stuff. But I guess the focus is not at pvp at TSW so I understand why it is so.

Sideras

Novice Member

6/26/12 7:13:55 AM#52

TSW is good but it's nowhere near GW2 in terms of gameplay. It's sort of half way there. But I'd rather play TSW than anything else out atm.

Combat is not even close to GW2.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search