Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,788,960 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,566
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » Beta Reviews & Impressions [ARCHIVED] » The Secret World is the most original and complex MMORPG I have ever played

8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
143 posts found
  DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  5/10/12 6:11:38 PM#1

Ok the title of the thread is a statement from Gamer Wolff Bachner in the Inquisitr. Good read and he is deffinitely a fan. According to him TSW is a game changer... As in all MMOs will be different after TSW. Check it out.

'I will simply say that The Secret World is the most original and complex MMORPG I have ever played. It is the first game that actually challenged me to really think instead of just timing a 3 button rotation to kill monsters over and over'.

'I have been waiting for a game like this for a very long time. If you are a gamer, you want to play The Secret World'.

http://www.inquisitr.com/233552/the-hottest-mmorpgs-to-play-this-summer-the-secret-world/#ZTcMKqZ4IUvQTjk7.99

The Ultimate Breakdown

Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

5/10/12 6:14:22 PM#2

cant wait til tomorrow to make some in game decisions myself

GreenHell

Advanced Member

5/10/12 6:21:16 PM#3

All MMO's will not be different as a result of TSW launching. It is a different kind of game and a lot of people will not like it.  I really dont see this title being more than a niche in the genre and I would say it goes F2P in under a year.

That being said I enjoy the game. It is different enough to keep me interested for awhile. I will probably buy it when it comes out.

DEATHRAMENT

Advanced Member

5/10/12 6:25:04 PM#4

I have been following this game for quite some time. It seems unique which is exactly what im looking for. I look forward to giving it a go tom.

tares

Novice Member

5/10/12 6:40:25 PM#5

12 hours /played from someone no one has ever heard of?   It must have been way less than 12 hours as I'm sure he was taking notes, /afk, whatever else.

Theocritus

Advanced Member

5/10/12 6:58:50 PM#6

Yeah you might want to play the game before making these kind of statements.....

helthros

Novice Member

5/10/12 7:02:03 PM#7

I heard something about an open beta event. Is that soon and do I need to order the game or anything?

I've graduated past buying into hype or reviews. I would like to check it out for myself to make my own opinions.

Open skill system could be cool. I've seen a few videos and the combat animations left something to be desired though.

bartoni33

Hard Core Member

Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations

5/10/12 7:04:35 PM#8

Uhh yeah... they are spelling their own name wrong.

If you can't even spell your name correctly then I will not bother reading your "article". Spelling kicks their ass, I'm sure a decent MMO will seem like a Christmas freaking miracle!

headsc4n

Novice Member

5/10/12 7:04:45 PM#9

The game seems pretty good, however i just received an email from Funcom saying that if i pre-order the game i will receive powerful in-game items and a powerful pet. This makes me a tad suspicious that it wont be pay to win..

bartoni33

Hard Core Member

Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations

5/10/12 7:06:56 PM#10
Originally posted by headsc4n

The game seems pretty good, however i just received an email from Funcom saying that if i pre-order the game i will receive powerful in-game items and a powerful pet. This makes me a tad suspicious that it wont be pay to win..

It's called a "pre-order bonus". Nothing sinister about that.

Looks like this game is going to be right up your alley.

Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

5/10/12 7:08:26 PM#11
Originally posted by headsc4n

you get a combat pet that doesnt scale as you advance in skills, and starter gear that is better then you can have when you leave the starter zone.

its powerful at SP 1, not so much after that

User Deleted
5/10/12 7:53:54 PM#12

I would not describe it in those words.

RathanX26

Novice Member

We all have a choice, whether we like it or not.

5/10/12 8:12:56 PM#13

At no point in the article did the author say "Game changer." He said however "I will simply say that The Secret World is the most original and complex MMORPG I have ever played. It is the first game that actually challenged me to really think instead of just timing a 3 button rotation to kill monsters over and over." So is he impressed by the game? Very much so, but he never said "Game Changer"

That being said, I am excited to see what the beta this weekend looks like. If this is truely the game it says it is, then i will pick it up in a minute and do something i haven't done since Aion released.... sub to a game. (that didn't last very long btw)

Here's to hoping funcom comes through.

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

sibs4455

Apprentice Member

5/10/12 8:26:54 PM#14

Complex haha, i am on ts3 everyday with people that play tsw.

Funcoms last 3 days on AOC:

9th may .... 6 hour update.

10th may ... bring servers down again to fix issues with previous update.

11th may ... once again bring servers down to fix issues with update of update that have made gaming in AOC a joke.

This happens with every update, there is no Quality Control in place at Funcom, what makes you think that TSW will be any different?.

User Deleted
5/10/12 8:28:37 PM#15

I'm currently playing in the closed beta for The Secret World. Its an awesome game and I'm definitely preordering, my friends and family are too. You won't regret it, this game is awesome.

rpgalon

Novice Member

5/10/12 8:37:08 PM#16

well, I agree with him, but this game is not for everyone.

doragon86

Hard Core Member

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

5/10/12 8:38:18 PM#17

To each their own. However, my personal reaction to this game and this article is the following:

I've played the beta...

Reasoning will come later during the weekend. All I can say for now is be very skpetical. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
~Lord George Gordon Byron

sibs4455

Apprentice Member

5/10/12 8:43:05 PM#18
Originally posted by GamerFun

I'm currently playing in the closed beta for The Secret World. Its an awesome game and I'm definitely preordering, my friends and family are too. You won't regret it, this game is awesome.

LMAO:

Joined 4/12, just in time to post good things about TSW, and best yet his/her friends and family are in Beta too. They too like it so much that they preordered.

TheSedated

Novice Member

5/10/12 8:50:31 PM#19
Originally posted by sibs4455
LMAO:

Joined 4/12, just in time to post good things about TSW, and best yet his/her friends and family are in Beta too. They too like it so much that they preordered.

I think he has as much credibility like all the guys who played the beta and think the game is totally shit and no one should ever play it because it's [insert favourite insult used for an upcoming MMO here].

@Doragon:

"Reasoning will come later during the weekend. All I can say for now is be very skpetical."

Why wait for later during the weekend? This implies either you're in the closed beta and going to talk about the things you know from there, but just using examples that can be seen in the Weekend Beta. Would be okay for me if you stay kind of constructive.

If you think "this game is crap" already and you'll use what you see in the beta weekend to build your argument around this impression, then I'm really sorry for you, because that wouldn't speak for the game being bad, it would tell me you're not a very smart and open-minded person.

The_Gambles

Novice Member

5/10/12 8:55:37 PM#20
Originally posted by sibs4455
Originally posted by GamerFun

LMAO:

Hey look it's that guy who hates Funcom, hey guy! :D

8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search