Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,738 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,237
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » What's the draw for this game?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  CasualMaker

Novice Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

8/06/14 2:31:15 PM#21
Originally posted by Boneserino

You are not missing anything.   You played it and it wasn't for you.    That hasn't changed just because it sits at # 2 on some list.

But go ahead and try it again just to confirm what you already know.

It could be that it is not for you; it could also be that you haven't gotten deep enough to find something that interests you. A few others have commented that they found the early game dull and boring but it opened up a little later. TSW is a game that can reward experimentation. Don't just mechanically buy up the abilities for your current weapons. Read the descriptions of all of the others, too. Even without switching weapons, you can equip some really handy passive abilities.

flizzer

Hard Core Member

8/06/14 2:37:30 PM#22
I think only geniuses play this game. I remember starting a thread on the official discussion board about the difficulty with some of the quests and all the responses were along the lines, "I never need hints or have to look anything up".   The Secret World is apparently played by the Mensa Society. 
  Soandsoso

Elite Member

8/06/14 3:02:47 PM#23
Originally posted by flizzer
I think only geniuses play this game. I remember starting a thread on the official discussion board about the difficulty with some of the quests and all the responses were along the lines, "I never need hints or have to look anything up".   The Secret World is apparently played by the Mensa Society. 

I remember one of the quests gave me 3 8 digit numbers. I was like what do I do with these.

Told a friend about it and he said what were the numbers, I showed him the numbers and he said that's easy, I did this in college math prep (use to be a final year of high school after grade 12 where I live). And told me how to figure the answer out.

I don't know if he is a genius, but he was exposed to it so he recognized what he was looking at.

You don't have to be a genius in life, but it is very much worthwhile to expose yourself to different things so you can at the very minimum have an idea of what is around you and what you are looking at.

Robsolf

Hard Core Member

Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing!

8/06/14 3:47:56 PM#24
Originally posted by CasualMaker
Originally posted by Mangonisium

That said, the game isn't open world, and it does feature some 'Kill __" quests. Though let me say that I have absolutely no recollection of 'Kill y of x" quests. Simply "Go kill this unique mob". The generic mobs are there to be a pain in the ass, and to drop loot. So I guess it's not as bad as I made it initially sound, haha.

Off-hand, I can only think of 1 pure 'Kill y of x'. In Savage Coast zone, League of Monster Slayers main mission, 1 mission tier is 'Spit in the Black Pool' where you fight a Filth monster. Right next to it is a side mission to kill nearby Filth mobs. Other than that, 'Kill y of x' is generally just 1 tier in a larger mission.

Pretty much.  There's the "chess" mission, also, where you have to kill 8 "pawns" for step one, and it goes on from there as you work your way to the "king".  But it doesn't at all feel like a "kill x of y" mission.

there's a couple in Blue Mountain, too, one you get from a guy by a campfire(I might be thinking of Transylvania) near the entrance and one in the trailer park.  But again, they just don't feel like those kinds of throwaway missions, and they aren't that common.

Robsolf

Hard Core Member

Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing!

8/06/14 3:58:54 PM#25
Originally posted by flizzer

I'd bet they're full of crap, unless they're skipping the investigation missions.  Either way, you don't have to know everything to play the game; even the investigation missions.  The hardest part is figuring out what you're looking at and use your resources to find the solution.

- .... . / ..-. .-. . .. --. .... - / - .-. .- .. -. / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .... . .- .-. - / -- .- ... .... . -.. / .- / - .-. ..- -.-. -.- .-.. --- .- -.. / --- ..-. / -- -.-- / -.. .-. . .- -- ... / .- - / - .... . / -.-. .-. --- ... ... .-. --- .- -.. ... / --- ..-. / .- / .-.. .. ..-. . - .. -- . / --- ..-. / .-.. --- ...- .. -. / -.-- --- ..- / .- -. -.. / - .... .. ... / --. ..- .. - .- .-. / -- -.-- / -.. .- -.. -.. -.-- / --. .- ...- . / - --- / -- . / -.. --- .-- -. / .. -. / ... .- -. / .- -. - --- -. .

User Deleted
8/09/14 10:05:02 PM#26

1. Beautiful visuals

2. A modern setting, for a change

3. Excellent storytelling

4. Complex, Hard and well thought out questing

5. Interesting dungeons

6. Active and friendly community

7. It's buy to play

On the other hand. the PvP sucks. So if you're into MMOs because of that , by all means stay away from TSW.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search