Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,791,813 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,485
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » I need some vet advice

6 posts found
  neohero0001

Apprentice Member

OP  5/23/14 3:42:41 PM#1

Hello,,,

I am looking for a game close to a sandbox with some deep on PVE , already tried GW2 and FFXIV and couldn´t find that.

Will TSW give me the freedom to develop a char without restrictions or it is just another APB / Face of Mankind " thing " ? full of bugs .............

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

5/23/14 4:18:30 PM#2
Originally posted by neohero0001

Hello,,,

I am looking for a game close to a sandbox with some deep on PVE , already tried GW2 and FFXIV and couldn´t find that.

Will TSW give me the freedom to develop a char without restrictions or it is just another APB / Face of Mankind " thing " ? full of bugs .............

TSW is a heavily story driven themepark, so there are probably better options if you are looking for a pure sandbox (ArchAge, EQNext).  That said, TSW has no character classes, and you can equip every weapon and ability in the game.  You are free to travel to zones, etc.  My advice would be ask for a trial key if you want to test it out before buying.

Another_Fan

Novice Member

5/27/14 2:29:43 AM#3

It's certainly full of bugs. You could even call it the secret world of bugs.

As to sandbox, not so much. You have some freedom to create in your build but there aren't  many options that are viable.

Mirasta

Advanced Member

5/27/14 3:16:41 AM#4
Originally posted by Another_Fan

Dunno which game you are playing but I can´t see many bugs. I couldnt even name one atm^^

Pekish79

Advanced Member

5/28/14 1:44:27 PM#5

There is a 3 days trial if u find someone with some key left (i finished mine)

there are bugs but you wont find any untill you reach the end bug at the starting area are all fixed and pve wise you probably will have a bug free experience

pvp wise i suggest you to wait a little to jump into pvp at least after you done with all the story/quest this game is not really mean to raise your character in pvp you can but is not friendly there are no bracket and u end up fighting with top geared player right away

just enjoy the ride the story offer is awesome and bug free and for 9$ (u can easily find it for this much) is better then any single player game-story out there right now

kilun

Hard Core Member

5/28/14 1:51:37 PM#6
Originally posted by Another_Fan

As to sandbox, not so much. You have some freedom to create in your build but there aren't  many options that are viable.

Are you serious?  Maybe at launch two years ago, but bugs are gone and I can't name any atm.  (Thought I haven't played in two months)

There is no sandbox to this game, it is a themepark driven with IMO the some of the best stories available.  There are no classes, so you can do whatever you want in the game, equipping two weapons and auxiliary weapon at one time.  All quest are repeatable with cooldowns that are roughly 3 days on average.

Tons of customizable clothing and weapon skins also add variety, and tons of achievements if your into that.