Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,909 Users Online:0
Games:754  Posts:6,270,909
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Recently Bought, Terribly Confused

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  User Deleted
4/03/14 3:08:44 PM#21

Basically, all you do is...

1.  Don't stand in the red areas.

2.  Builder x 5

3.  Weapon Finisher 1

4.  Weapon Finisher 2 (once you get a second weapon)

5.  Go back to step 1

That basically sums the combat up for the rest of the game.  Easy mobs will take one or two of these cycles to kill.  Standard mobs will take 4 to 6.

User Deleted
4/03/14 3:10:45 PM#22
Originally posted by codejack

OK, so there really aren't any AoEs or heals in this game. That would have been helpful to know up front.

Deleting again....

There's tons of AoE in the game.  Maybe not the "agro 50 guys and AoE them down with Blizzard" kind of AoE, but not really sure what you're expecting.  

CasualMaker

Advanced Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

4/03/14 3:15:34 PM#23
Originally posted by chakalaka
Was not going to post once I saw that you were trying to make it to the police station. But if you really do need help, melee works in the game (of course) but trying a Rifle or some ranged Magic and stick to lvl'ing that specific weapon, don't allocate your points all around the wheel right away.

Yes, a ranged weapon is good for pulling attackers without getting close enough to accidently aggro too many. One great thing about melee weapons is that they build up resources when out of combat (on magic and ranged weapons, built-up resources leak away when out of combat). So with melee you can front-load your damage by hitting with a heavy damage consumer right at the beginning of the fight, then start building up for another one.

TheSedated

Novice Member

4/06/14 2:47:03 PM#24
Originally posted by asmkm22

Basically, all you do is...

1.  Don't stand in the red areas.

2.  Builder x 5

3.  Weapon Finisher 1

4.  Weapon Finisher 2 (once you get a second weapon)

5.  Go back to step 1

That basically sums the combat up for the rest of the game.  Easy mobs will take one or two of these cycles to kill.  Standard mobs will take 4 to 6.

And this is basically the same bullshit about TSW that's been spread all around the web for more than a year. Have you even played it?

Ah, btw, the areas you talked about. They're white, not red.

Lerxst

Advanced Member

5/15/14 9:34:51 PM#25
Shotgun. Problem = solved. Game = won.
  Vened

Apprentice Member

5/16/14 10:30:01 AM#26

Blade+AR frenzy taged abilities are good for me at solo PvE (missions etc). Ofc 2 abi for single target, builder  blade and finisher AR. I like Red mist for starter. Gear is 4-5k HP, rest in Attack. Secondary stats are hit (around 300 is enough for solo pve) and penetration. I don't like crit and defence stats, but if I find it on nice piece of gear - why not?

In dungeons i play role DPS, pistol&shotgun is my way. Ele force is nice passive. All gear is Attack rating, stats are hit (target - 600), penetration (target 800), rest in crits (I prefer crit power).

For pvp i like AR+blood. And HP, lots of HP.

Skill points i spent  on talismans and damage paths for weapons, then for support paths in weapons .

Po_gg

Elite Member

5/16/14 10:46:30 AM#27
Originally posted by Lerxst
Shotgun. Problem = solved. Game = won.

Yep... As the HL quoted in his TSW review vid: Oooh a shotgun! The zombie's arch nemesis :)

But it's not Game = won.... it's a decent weapon in New England, but later there will be mobs who are allergic to Weakened (and/or Hindered, or Blast), and then you need to switch to something else for a while.

drakaena

Novice Member

5/16/14 10:59:05 AM#28
I used an assault rifle with blood magic. Your dps returns a percentage of healing to your character. You're basically unkillable in early zones.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search