Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | ArcheAge | H1Z1

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,981 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,469
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Well Screw You Funcom

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
56 posts found
  Robsolf

Hard Core Member

Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing!

2/21/14 12:42:32 PM#41

On one side, I hate lockboxes, and will never buy a single key for one in any game that has them.

On the other side, that fact that I don't buy what they're selling and someone else does, means less of my own money(in this case, 0 bucks) is required to maintain the game. 

But i do feel bad for those with gambling addictions.  They are preying on you, my brothers and sisters...

Malvious

Apprentice Member

2/21/14 12:44:03 PM#42
so no longer a white knight ?

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

Sassy_Gay_Unicorn

Apprentice Member

2/22/14 2:30:41 PM#43
Originally posted by Rusque

You can see people falling in love with SOE in various threads. "Ooo they dropped their NDA, that means they really care about the players this time!" *swoon* No, they don't. They care about your bank account and how soon it can get hooked up to their game. If that means playing nice and making you feel safe and loved, so be it. Always Be Closing.

I bought a lock box and all I got was a set of steak knives.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

3/04/14 8:21:57 PM#44
Can't you just not use them?

TheRealDarkeus

Novice Member

“I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

3/07/14 7:31:22 PM#45
Originally posted by Fendel84M

Yep... Hell, i haven't even really noticed them. They literally make no difference to me. I don't care about them so oh well. 

CasualMaker

Advanced Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

3/24/14 10:49:52 AM#46
Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
Originally posted by Fendel84M

Yep... Hell, i haven't even really noticed them. They literally make no difference to me. I don't care about them so oh well. 

<Shrug> I have considered them much like the random goodie bags that the Council vendors sell for "sequins" throughout the game. I've never bothered wasting leftover Solomon Island Sequins on those, either.

cronius77

Advanced Member

3/24/14 11:01:22 AM#47

no offense OP but when has funcom actually did anything right over the years? Anarchy Online was a bug ridden mess with a very small niche player base. Age of Conan was one of the worst launches of a mmo out there and lingered on until now which IMO should of been shut down a long time ago. Then TSW launches with no chat working hardly and plenty of bugs to go around as well. Then months later its buy to play with a cash shop. This company honestly reminds me a lot of cryptic , they launch unpolished garbage that take them years to fix and by then the games are almost dead. It sucks because their concepts are awesome but the finished products always suck. I feel like if a free to play company doesnt pick them up soon they are closed doors done for good anyways.

With that said all you have to do is look at how bad their three flagship games are doing, their trading scams, and their laying off of employees AKA "restructuring" to see the writing on the wall. They of course are going to add in anything to try and make them money because Im pretty sure they are by no means raking it in with their abysmal sub numbers in AOC and AO, and buy to play I'm pretty sure is not their lifeline. If you do not like shady business tactics do not play any free to play , buy to play games with low populations as they will do and say anything to keep their business afloat and also could disappear at any given moment.

Skeeter50

Apprentice Member

3/24/14 11:06:34 AM#48
Originally posted by cronius77

no offense OP but when has funcom actually did anything right over the years? Anarchy Online was a bug ridden mess with a very small niche player base. Age of Conan was one of the worst launches of a mmo out there and lingered on until now which IMO should of been shut down a long time ago. Then TSW launches with no chat working hardly and plenty of bugs to go around as well. Then months later its buy to play with a cash shop. This company honestly reminds me a lot of cryptic , they launch unpolished garbage that take them years to fix and by then the games are almost dead. It sucks because their concepts are awesome but the finished products always suck. I feel like if a free to play company doesnt pick them up soon they are closed doors done for good anyways.

With that said all you have to do is look at how bad their three flagship games are doing, their trading scams, and their laying off of employees AKA "restructuring" to see the writing on the wall. They of course are going to add in anything to try and make them money because Im pretty sure they are by no means raking it in with their abysmal sub numbers in AOC and AO, and buy to play I'm pretty sure is not their lifeline. If you do not like shady business tactics do not play any free to play , buy to play games with low populations as they will do and say anything to keep their business afloat and also could disappear at any given moment.

Conan was the best game to date after the first 3 months. However, they took our sub and made another game instead of keeping Conan top notch and doing any kind of advertizing.

Tbau

Apprentice Member

3/24/14 11:09:04 AM#49
Originally posted by Niall18

I def see within 2years the games run by Funcom TSW & Age of Conan atlest sold off to a company like Trion. 

So going from an imploding company to one not far from imploding. With Trion having closed its EU doors and shutting down Rift in Russia, Defiance being a dud, the are scrambling to turn Glyph into a Steam launcher which has many on their forums in an uproar, guilds breaking and leaving the game because they wont support it. They are at the point they need to vastly increase their revenue from distribution and hoping they can get enough indie developers reliant on their services to survive.

Trion isn't far from deaths door either. All it will take is for Archeage to be a bust. Unless Comcast takes over since they are their largest investor. Then I really wont support any of their games.

apocoluster

Novice Member

\m/,

3/24/14 11:10:48 AM#50
Originally posted by DamonVile
So what happens if you just don't buy keys to open them ?

My thoughts exactly....i

dont see

the issue personally

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

summitus

Novice Member

4/21/14 2:28:47 AM#51

^^^ This ^^^

Andistotle

Apprentice Member

4/21/14 5:00:46 AM#52
Originally posted by summitus

^^^ This ^^^

you dont need keys to open them. they are gambleboxes, not lockboxes. 

dancingstar

Hard Core Member

4/21/14 7:10:38 AM#53
Originally posted by Andistotle
Originally posted by summitus

^^^ This ^^^

you dont need keys to open them. they are gambleboxes, not lockboxes. 

This was answered back on the second page, anyway. THERE ARE NO KEYS, it's the boxes themselves that are being sold. Hence the argument that they are not "lockboxes" since they're not, well, locked.

If you don't buy them, the only way you'll ever see one is in the rare situations when you get awarded one for no charge (two examples so far: standard boxes were given as "compensation" in the Mankini fiasco -- and one "deeper" box is awared to the first character on your account to complete all four investigations from the recent DLC).

lifeordinary

Novice Member

4/21/14 7:13:04 AM#54
Originally posted by Rayshe

So last night i updated my TSW with the new patch, and guess what was added. Lock Boxes. Now people on this site know i have been a large defender of funcom and TSW since the game was released, This is the last straw. For those who don't know, Myself and a large group of other players were promised by the dev team that lockboxes would never enter the picture of TSW. However in the last patch Mystery Boxes were added that can only be purchased with real money. 

So in short, Screw You Funcom. From a long time defender of TSW.

There that is your problem. You actually believed what devs say.

Aelious

Elite Member

World > Quest Progression

4/28/14 11:25:36 AM#55
As someone who loaths lockboxes to the nth degree this is not the same thing. Lockboxes take what drops in the game and puts it behind a pay wall without knowing what is inside. What TSW is doing is putting things that are meant for the store and putting it into a mystery box. The argument can be made that this takes entities that could be drops and places them into the store but that happens regardless, right? This system only effects those that were already buying something from the store.
  VicDynamo

Hard Core Member

4/28/14 11:42:47 AM#56
Um, so these are not dropped in yhe game but sold in the shop? Well, these are not even lockboxes then. The OP is either confused or misled.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search