Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,750 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,262
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Tried it again but... no. Just no

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
86 posts found
  Another_Fan

Apprentice Member

2/09/14 3:21:26 AM#41
Originally posted by Kemosabe-TBC
Originally posted by asmkm22
Originally posted by Pale_Fire

They have worked on the game.  For some reason, you're under the impression that because you don't like the game, it must be bad.  You are incorrect.

It's not the game, it's you.

Considering how poorly the game is doing, I'd say you're wrong.

Considering every person I've met, who has played the game till end game, considers this the one of  best game they've ever played. I'd say *you* are wrong.

Also what do you mean by "poorly"? It doesn't seem to be that poor. Also interesting to note that it's the highest rated game, right now, on this very site, and has been in the top 3 for the past 2 years.

I find it difficult to believe anyone would actually say "Everyone I have met".  I like the game, that said there is no way anyone makes it to the endgame without flat out being APES**T about it. Especially since it's grindy as can be.

Gestankfaust

Elite Member

Finger deep within the borderline....

2/09/14 3:27:52 AM#42
Originally posted by Another_Fan
Originally posted by Kemosabe-TBC

They have worked on the game.  For some reason, you're under the impression that because you don't like the game, it must be bad.  You are incorrect.

Considering every person I've met, who has played the game till end game, considers this the one of  best game they've ever played. I'd say *you* are wrong.

Also what do you mean by "poorly"? It doesn't seem to be that poor. Also interesting to note that it's the highest rated game, right now, on this very site, and has been in the top 3 for the past 2 years.

I find it difficult to believe anyone would actually say "Everyone I have met".  I like the game, that said there is no way anyone makes it to the endgame without flat out being APES**T about it. Especially since it's grindy as can be.

So....the words "that played TSW" really need to be inserted here for you?  Cause I agree that almost all that I have met that played TSW  loved it to the end.

That being said....I never made it to the end. Was just something that kept from playing passed the months of beta and month or two from release. I tried.....my mom made it I think...I just couldn't.

To go back was even worse.

The game was great in theory....and playing to where I was seemed awesome. After the time off...I saw that it was just too irritating to play as far as the combat goes.

That's just me though

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

StarI

Novice Member

2/09/14 3:36:38 AM#43

I liked how it looked, so I started playing a few months after release. And I must say I enjoyed combat (yes animations too), the decks and considering I'm usually quickly tired of questing this game kept me at it till the end game, where it lost me due dissapointment of what PvP was and the standard themepark dungeon running.

So, I loved the journey but endgame I may as well be playing WoW.

Shaymon

Novice Member

2/13/14 12:19:53 PM#44

While this game isn't as addicting to me as say WOW is, I absolutely love it. Besides your character not responding much, I love the quest cinematic dialogs. This is the only game where I actually read/watch everything I can.

I love the questing. I can do one quest for 30 minutes and I never feel like ugh..let me finish this so I can get it done and get exp.

I have a great time messing with the decks. Sure my builds probably are not overpowered but they get me by just fine and I can tailor them to how I like.

I don't mind the combat at all. To me it is just as good as any other MMO. Maybe not better but just as good.

I just play solo or with one friend so I don't do any dungeons so I am sure that might be where the overpowered/underpowered comes in to play. I have done the first 4 dungeons and had a blast way back when I had a few friends playing.

To each his/her own but for me, I have the most fun in this game vs any others.

Arskaaa

Apprentice Member

Your chararacter gains experience and levels up, defining a role playing game.

2/14/14 7:06:36 AM#45
got valentine invite to game for 5 day free. never tryed game but when i saw EA logo mark down... hell no!
  dancingstar

Hard Core Member

2/14/14 8:27:29 AM#46
Originally posted by Arskaaa
got valentine invite to game for 5 day free. never tryed game but when i saw EA logo mark down... hell no!

OK a quick FYI if you've not been following this game: EA's role in it was limited to marketing & distribution of boxed copies plus some digital download sales through their Origin platform. EA did not, and does not, develop or run the game, & it can be bought directly from Funcom's website without giving EA any money.

It is possible you might dislike the game and choose not to play it, but choosing not to even try it because of who made and distributed the boxes seems . . . well, petty, frankly.

Ender4

Apprentice Member

2/14/14 9:05:18 AM#47

Yep, awesome game. Mind numbingly awful combat that makes it unplayable once the initial glow wears off. It is a shame.

Lugors

Hard Core Member

2/14/14 9:13:16 AM#48
Originally posted by Arskaaa

The EA logo prevented quite a bit of early sales, this guy included.  After it went B2P, I tried it again and liked what I found.  It is a very flawed game, but worth digging into and playing the missions.  Hands down the best quest design and leveling experience of any MMO I've played. 

End game is grindy as heck though, and once you've seen yourself through the story, stopping there is a very viable option.

edited for spelling/grammar (need to stop drinking so early)

TalulaRose

Apprentice Member

2/14/14 9:17:38 AM#49
Originally posted by Elikal

I really was/am the biggest mystery fan there is. So when I heard of TSW originally, I was totally thrilled.

I had played TSW from launch ~2 months, then again half a year or so later as well, and the last 2 days again anew. But... no. The combat is still the same crappy mess. It wasn't reworked or improved at all. The skill selection is still a chaos, you can select 1000s of combinations of which 999 suck. Targetting is a mess. Some power are STILL totally overpowered while other powersets are lame.

Nothing of the quests has changed, I didn't see any new additions neither with my mid level old char nor with my new char.

I still had this chaotic feeling from the start, still mobs every 2 meters, still crappy invisivble rewards instead of stuff you can WEAR and SEE.

Still all 3 factions go to the same terretories, no replay value, no new zones or lands.

Asf asf

Sorry if the critique is a bit simplistic. I am just frustrated. I had hoped Funcom would work on the game. I mean, other companies did, but apparently Funcom just lets the game run as it is. A shame. I can accept games and companies who work with their games, but Funcom apprently just let it all be as it is. I mean, I am sure they added some stuff, but nothing I could find in 2 days aprox. 14 hours play time. I guess that was the last time I gave this a chance. Three times is enough, and if Funcom did nothing by now, they won't at all.

Too bad. I really had hoped this would be worked on after launch.

This sounds like a rant just for the sake of ranting...common practice here.

Next time you should at least play the game.

fardreamer

Advanced Member

"Trust your feelings!"

2/16/14 10:56:43 AM#50

the game is doing really well, servers are full of activity, you never have to wait more then a few seconds after searching for a group in chat to get stuff done.

Abndn

Novice Member

2/21/14 5:32:42 AM#51
As someone who is still in Kingsmouth (picked it up in a steam sale, didnt get around to it until now), my main problem with the game is that so far it's pretty much a singleplayer experience. Despite being on one of the (supposedly) most popular servers (Cerberus), I barely see anyone. I played for about 10 hours and I have yet to see a single word written in GENERAL CHAT.
  Ortwig

Apprentice Member

2/21/14 8:06:30 AM#52
Originally posted by Abndn
As someone who is still in Kingsmouth (picked it up in a steam sale, didnt get around to it until now), my main problem with the game is that so far it's pretty much a singleplayer experience. Despite being on one of the (supposedly) most popular servers (Cerberus), I barely see anyone. I played for about 10 hours and I have yet to see a single word written in GENERAL CHAT.

Some dimensions are more populated within certain time zones, so population may peak at different times during the day -- some are more heavily European.  Remember though that you can group across dimensions.  There is a cross zone/server channel you can access by typing /chat join sanctuary. 

A couple references for you:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=76927

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

CasualMaker

Novice Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

3/24/14 11:27:49 AM#53
Originally posted by Xthos

I may have to boot this back up, to see what all has been added, since I kind of burned through content, but I left before all the added content patches.  I loved the stories and feel of the game, and I am not a big zombie, or this genre type person, and I usually hit spacebar playing stuff like this.

I thought the combat was fine, and again, I am not the biggest fan of telegraphing and action combat, but I liked what TSW had to deliver, could of had a little bit more diversity in the builds, but it was nice that you had to adjust your build, depending on where you were and what you were fighting.

TSW is probably my favorite modern mmo at this time, I liked the game, just it suffered from the themepark problem of content ending.  I know a lot has been added though, so it may be time to load it back up and play all the new stuff.

"Last Train to Cairo" is a lot a fun, though that last mission is long and tough. The earlier missions involve some time traveling, and you get to meet Said (of the Kingdom) while he was alive. (No idea what he was saying, but clearly his personality has not changed...) You can get a Whip auxiliary weapon, and full Indiana Jones outfit.

Beauman

Novice Member

7/11/14 10:55:19 PM#54
Originally posted by Wesp

The ability wheel, the auxilary weapon system and now the augment system create a complexity that nearly matches a TCG. This design appeals to people who enjoy researching, testing, tweaking, and optimizing builds. Adding glyphs and signets to the mix and its insane the amount of possibilities. I can see how this would turn a lot of people off because they don't have the patience or time for it. There are plenty of games that have very simplistic class design and cookie cutter builds for those people. 

That's my problem with that game, right there. It isn't that I don't like that type of character build system (that isn't the case at all), but that I simply do not have the real-life time to go through all that to character build within an MMO.

It's that design that has made TSW, although I think it is a good game, inaccessible to me on my schedule.

BurntCabbage

Advanced Member

7/11/14 11:26:22 PM#55

ok..

..is it a gem..by no means no..its a good game yes for what it is..a casual mmo title thats b2p with no sub and fun to play here / there and the lore and quest are fun and gets me involed..most ppl in mmo's now days just  grab n go rinse repeat but in this game the quests are really well put together

i think its time for me to find a new community to keep tabs on mmorpg reviews and news..yes iv done my fair share of talking bad about some games but it seems EVERYGAME that has a topic it is tore down quicker than fatties at a buffet table full of waffles

what was OP thinking? a total over haul of the game to fix his / her needs while he was on a break? or maybe a phone call from the devs to say "hey come back..we fixed it for YOU"  if people are trying to find a trinity type game or fix out of a $10 mmo **thats what i paid** with no sub fee your gonna be sadly disapointed..id like to know what the OP is playing now? my money is the flavor of the month..

macwood

Advanced Member

7/11/14 11:38:27 PM#56
I got a copy for £1.70... But i did not have a friend to play it with me.. I will try and get round to it one day, There is just so many games out and coming i haz to try...
  Nitth

Hard Core Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

7/12/14 3:02:05 AM#57

Originally posted by pajulaakso
There is really only one thing keeping me out of this game. The broken Gear Manager.

Last time I logged in, it was still crap.

Has this been fixed?

Sir, With great pleasure i can safely say it is fixed. (I cannot express the amount of rage i had when it was broken..)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Gorwe

Elite Member

7/12/14 7:49:53 AM#58
I would play swtor over this any day in the week. It's just...better.

And yes, I grasped the Deck system just fine(it was easy coming from GW 1 ;) ). The game just felt...wrong to me. But then again, I never did like horrors(conspiracies are ok).

To each his own.
  Tbau

Apprentice Member

7/12/14 8:06:06 AM#59
Originally posted by JJ82
Don't feel bad, I stopped playing because I just couldn't get past the horrible animations. Cant figure it out, this is the same company that made Age of Conan that had such beautiful animations and they somehow made this?

Nail, you hit it.

Astraeis

Hard Core Member

7/12/14 8:08:08 AM#60

It is not him, it is you.

It takes one to know one.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search