Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,276 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,741
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » so much potential

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
50 posts found
  Grummus

Novice Member

12/19/13 7:15:37 AM#41
Originally posted by Pekish79

one week?????!?!?!?!?

dear lord how much do you play?

i done all quest and i mean all and the side quest too and they are at least 400+ quest including side quest

i doubt a human being can do that in 1 week but hey if u skip 70% of the quest only do the main story and once u get to the end u said why is so short... i doubt we can blame devs for that

I'm used to grinding/camping/playing for long periods of time from the EQ days.

Pekish79

Novice Member

12/19/13 9:59:22 AM#42

well then right there is your problem not the game problem...

with freedom come responsability even the one of ruining your own experience you.

yes u are free to rush/farm the content but that is certainly not the way to play this game nobody force you to do it like that right? but if you cannot play with some self-restrain you cannot blame the game.

Your playstyle is very restrict to a small number of player (and actually very boring) so not only aiming to people like you is more expensive as they have to produce much more content but even less entretaining as the quality of "grind" "farming" is low quality content 

the time of nerding 10 hour a day is over MMORPG now day shouldn't use those people as primary public, or  at least not all mmorpg and fortunately TSW doesn't 

udon

Advanced Member

12/19/13 10:13:21 AM#43
Originally posted by stvnkrs10

I bought this game before launch and wanted it so much to be what it could have been. Concept = awesome! I still am glued to walking dead. Graphics and world appeal = Awesome! Quests and interactivity = Awesome! 

The problem is in the combat. It was so choppy and forced feeling it drove me out. Has it been improved? I wan't to play this game more than most out there, but the combat is so bad, I just can't. 

Did anyone else get this feeling?

If only a dev would read this and put some time in to revamping the feel of combat.

Combat is by far the weakest part of that game IMO.  However the strong parts really do make up for it.  I find that as long as I'm working to a goal I don't even notice the combat issues but as soon as I stop having a specific goal I'm working towards it's really hard to get motivated to play.  The nice thing is especially if you have not played from day 1 there are a ton of goals you can focus on regardless of your play style.  I never feel like I am having to log in to do my dailies like many other games do end game.  The game really does have a lot of progression after you finish the main story line and even more is coming.

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

12/20/13 1:31:38 PM#44

TSW has the WORST combat system in a MMO EVER. Period, Paragraph. It is a pain in the ass, and not the cool way! And they did NOTHING to to work on it. NADA. RIEN!

I don't believe it, that they didn't improve the combat system. Funcom made a pretty cool combat in AoC, but this... horrible. Just horrible.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

MindTrigger

Advanced Member

12/20/13 1:36:18 PM#45

I bought this game before launch and wanted it so much to be what it could have been. Concept = awesome! I still am glued to walking dead. Graphics and world appeal = Awesome! Quests and interactivity = Awesome! 

The problem is in the combat. It was so choppy and forced feeling it drove me out. Has it been improved? I wan't to play this game more than most out there, but the combat is so bad, I just can't. 

If only a dev would read this and put some time in to revamping the feel of combat.

Combat is a big one, including that there is no world PvP, which would be amazing.  It's also that they chose to take this amazingly rich idea in the direction of a themepark dungeon gear grinder instead of something more open world and social.  Most of the current players weren't hanging around the old DarkDemonsCryGaia forums when the game was still in concept/design.  The community was so rich and interesting, and dying to live in an RPG game.  It's a shame really, because you can see so much potential in what they have done, but there's no depth.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/21/13 10:57:43 AM#46
Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
what is wrong with combat ?.. am I miss something ?,I have spend  1600+ hours on game play

It is dull and repetitive? I liked the game but the combat really did turn me off as well. I didn't end up finishing Egypt because I was just so bored of the combat. I found myself just trying to run past things so I didn't have to waste the time fighting it and that is never good.

Did you ever create more than one deck?  Change up your abilities?  Look for ability combos/synergies?  Why do I have the sneaking suspicion you used the same deck the entire time you played (and that it wasn't a very good one)?

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/21/13 11:02:44 AM#47
Originally posted by MindTrigger

Combat is a big one, including that there is no world PvP, which would be amazing.  It's also that they chose to take this amazingly rich idea in the direction of a themepark dungeon gear grinder instead of something more open world and social.  Most of the current players weren't hanging around the old DarkDemonsCryGaia forums when the game was still in concept/design.  The community was so rich and interesting, and dying to live in an RPG game.  It's a shame really, because you can see so much potential in what they have done, but there's no depth.

As much as I would like more sandbox elements in the game (for the record, Joel Bylos has said the same), the reality is that TSW has always been billed as a theme park.  There are some sandbox elements they are working on (Black Ops), but I think I've pretty much accepted things as they are, and still love the hell out of the game.  The storyline is very deep, and there are always new bits being added.  Agreed there could be more faction-specific content added though, but I would say there's more depth to the lore in TSW than there is in many MMOs.

TheRealDarkeus

Novice Member

“I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

12/22/13 8:13:11 PM#48

I still don't get the problem with combat....  Choppy?  What is your definition.  I always kill things pretty smoothly.  I will admit that combat is not the game's strongest feature.  It is average except for the freedom of the Ability Wheel.  But bad?  I have been playing video games for decades, the combat in this game is nowhere NEAR bad. 

Then again, I think we can all agree that combat was not supposed to be the selling point of this game.  The story, lore and themes of the games are the best in the business right now.

Pekish79

Novice Member

12/23/13 1:47:35 PM#49

unfortunately lot of people that now play MMO-RPG come form FPS and they come wanting the FPS type of combat when it was never suppose to be.

I should go to a fps and start whining that tehy dont have a mmo-rpg combat style

MMO-RPG are "popular" now so bunch of kids come and try to change the way they are to they way they want but they dont understand that the combat is only 1/3 of the experiece in a MMORPG and shouldn't be the only reason why you play one MMORPG or another.

all player that come here to say "i tried the combat and i left" are not mean to play MMORPG and i think TSW is better without them they would ignore the lore/quest/story and keep whininy till they ruin everything that make TSW an awesome MMORPG to change it into a MMOFPS.

I hate MMOFPS but at least i have the decency to avoid them i don't go in the forum of a MMOFPS and trash the combat system just because is not the way i like to combat.

Wesp

Novice Member

12/24/13 5:42:41 PM#50
The combat can be repetitive if you only use one or two weapons for the entire game. When you take the time to read the abilities & passives within the wheel and experiment with builds it gets exciting. The majority of that excitement comes from the feeling that you created a truely awesome build that kicks ass. I'd imagine the people who think the combat is boring or dull base their opinion on it the same way they would judge a book by its cover. The combat is actually very complex with all its variables and it takes some serious effort to make builds that mesh abilities and maximizes its capabilities. You could say its a thinking man's combat system, behind the shallow vale of the visuals is some very complex math equations going on. If you can't appreciate that, then you won't get it. There are hundreds of games that cater to simplicity and remove any challenge -  thank god TSW isn't one of them.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search