Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,781,465 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,074
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Anyone play this? Thinking of getting the 29.99 steam version

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Ender4

Advanced Member

11/01/13 8:49:06 AM#21

Absolutely love the part of it I have played. I bought the 50% off basic game when it was on sale this week. I hope you made up your mind already because I think the sale ended today.

Theocritus

Advanced Member

11/01/13 8:57:25 AM#22
Originally posted by Gravarg
It's an okay game.  For me, it wasn't like other MMOs, where I could spend hours on end playing it though.  I could play like 2-3 hours, then it was time for a change.  I'm not sure why, but it just couldn't hold my attention like other games.

Im glad I got to try it in beta and didnt pay for it...I didnt think much of the game at all.....The combat and animations were below par and there wasnt much content.....People seem to eitehr love or hate this game so its up to the individual

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

11/01/13 9:00:36 AM#23

I put a 'lot' of time into the game, it has unparalleled freedom in character design and playstyle during the 'leveling' portion of the game. but where it meets its downfall is its a 'farm game' at heart.

Grinding out ap, sp, crafting mats, tokens, sigils and cash inst really a worthy endeavor in the long run, because once you reach nightmare mode and start farming gear there reaches a point where your just going for overkill.

Which then comes the decision Do, i continue to grind nightmare modes for minuscule and irreverent power which has no practical application? or do i just quit?

The saving grace would imo be if they implemented random events. Having played in the dev created events they were a ton of fun. if they can implement events which continue to test the brawn of your character then there might be some use for gaining stats above 10.4~

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

orionblack

Advanced Member

11/01/13 9:08:44 AM#24

Be for warned , some of them quests are tough!! But man is it rewarding to yourself when you manage to figure one out by yourself!!!

I got it, and loving it!!

Bjelar

Novice Member

11/01/13 12:31:27 PM#25
It`s not easy to go back to GW2 after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI34PuKEEPE :)
  iJustWant

Novice Member

11/01/13 12:47:32 PM#26

TSW is worth the price of admission, but I'd avoid Steam. I know they offer great deals sometimes, but you're basically running the game client within the Steam client. It's an extra dependency, and extra things that can (and do) go wrong with Steam can (and will) prevent you from launching the very games you want to play.

goldtoof

Novice Member

11/01/13 1:57:31 PM#27
You don't need to run steam to run it.

Not all games on steam require steam to be running, only those that want to use it for drm, which tsw being a mmo won't. Drm free games steam just acts like a store / downloader.
  iJustWant

Novice Member

11/01/13 3:20:10 PM#28

^^

Thanks for sharing this info. I didn't know there was a way to run the game client like that.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search