Trending Games | Swordsman | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,820 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,558
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » Reviews & Impressions » I Quit MMOs But The Secret World Dragged Me Back

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Jockan

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 9:06:43 PM#21
Also enjoying the game alot.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 9:13:15 PM#22
I play MMOs hoping for a hook. Something that's going to make me want to keep playing. TSW just didn't have that. I played the story and then I was done. That left me disappointed, because that's not why I wanted to play it. I can get that experience from far far better single player games. I like TSW.. it was ok.. but I can't help but think while playing it how amazing it could have been with that lore and that much effort put into the missions if it had been developed as a single player game instead. It seems to suffer from all the negatives of being an MMO and hardly any of the positives.
  atuerstar

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 9:16:28 PM#23
Originally posted by Quorina

I played TSW last July when it released for about a week before I quit. I had originally quit because I tried a quest labelled "Devestating" and completely failed it. It frustrated me so I ended up quitting.  I was in the zone after Kingsmouth, I forget what it was called.

Now, almost a year later I am back and really enjoying the game, so long as I stay away from the Devestating quests, I'm sure. I love the graphics, the immersion, the ambience, the music, and would easily give this game a 8.5 out of 10. I haven't had this much fun in a while, and I've only played for a few hours since downloading it again.

I have a couple of questions, though. 1) How do I make a healing specific character? I did a Google search and it told me to go Fists and I did but I'm not seeing any healing specific skills. 2) What is the end-game like in this game?

Feel free to send me a private message! Thanks!

Fists, Blood and Assault Rifles are your healing weapons.

You will notice the inner ring of skills for any weapon has two "blocks" of available skills. One will always be damage skills, dps, and the other block will offer support skills which can be healing, buffing/debuffing, tanking etc. Once you have filled out that inner ring 6 blocks open per weapon. Three of the those blocks will be more dps while the other three are more oriented around the support abilities of that weapon with some damage abilities too.

Another tip - you dont have to use all +healing gear. You will find a couple of +health tanking pieces will give you a lot more survivability while learning the game and instances.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 9:19:00 PM#24
Originally posted by Quorina

I played TSW last July when it released for about a week before I quit. I had originally quit because I tried a quest labelled "Devestating" and completely failed it. It frustrated me so I ended up quitting.  I was in the zone after Kingsmouth, I forget what it was called.

Now, almost a year later I am back and really enjoying the game, so long as I stay away from the Devestating quests, I'm sure. I love the graphics, the immersion, the ambience, the music, and would easily give this game a 8.5 out of 10. I haven't had this much fun in a while, and I've only played for a few hours since downloading it again.

I have a couple of questions, though. 1) How do I make a healing specific character? I did a Google search and it told me to go Fists and I did but I'm not seeing any healing specific skills. 2) What is the end-game like in this game?

Feel free to send me a private message! Thanks!

Hey there!  Here are a good few sites on creating better builds -- hope these help!  :)

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=66643 (read the weapons, gear and mission sections)

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:build-mechanics

http://wordpress.tswguides.com/tsw-build-page/

Endgame can be pretty much what you want it to but but many folks focus on doing the Nightmare mode dungeons (8), the Lairs (8) and the Raids (2).  Here's a bit more on endgame:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/08/chaos-theory-exploring-endgame/

tank017

Novice Member

4/24/13 9:29:27 PM#25

TSW is the only 'latest' MMO gracing my hard drive these days.EQ1,Vanguard,and The Secret World..

Its so much more refreshing than the other MMO's out today imo..

Gorwe

Elite Member

5/22/13 8:08:47 PM#26

Why aren't players playing this beautiful game? It is quickly becoming a cult classic. Not that's a bad thing, but still...

(cult classics rock!)

:( :(

mikelafalce

Novice Member

8/20/13 3:15:21 PM#27
I left because I felt the subscription was not worth it. I did buy the game and now its F2P so I may come back.
  Squatchin

Novice Member

9/02/13 7:44:34 AM#28

My wife and I are currently playing this, and we are a having a blast.  I can look past the clunky combat and meh character models, because the missions and overall atmosphere more then make up for it.

It truly is a wonderful game.

DwarfZZZ

Hard Core Member

10/12/13 6:25:17 AM#29

«Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!»

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

It just grows on you. It's unique. Funcom deserves some support for the unique games they do, I think.

Ozimandeus

Novice Member

10/19/13 10:05:06 AM#30

For me,

TSW is currently the only MMORPG worth playing, the key point is it treats its players like the adults we are. Not only the 'mature' content which is very stylised and gothic, but also with the investigation missions and general feel.

For once I am treated as an intelligent adult, not a meaningless member of a zerg of players all being pulled by their noses to certain events which 'must' be done.

Sure GW2 is lovely, as is FF Redo, but they both still treat their players like a bunch of kids.

These things always come to a head for me around Halloween and Christmas - GW2 and most other MMO's treat these festivals as an opportunity to become utterly purile, and disgustingly sugar sweet - GW2 even comiting the ultimate crime of putting candy canes in game - yuk! . TSW doesn't it keeps 'in character'.

As a mature player (over 40), its important to me to only invest my time and money into a game which keeps on giving and treats me as an adult.

In my long and illustrious career as an MMO player, there are only two games which I purchased a Lifetime Subscription for - The Secret World and Star Trek Online - both are not considered 'mainstream' or 'hardcore' and I thank heavens for that!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search