Trending Games | Wizard101 | Cabal 2 | Lord of the Rings Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,975,270 Users Online:0
Games:817  Posts:6,418,148
Funcom | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
76 posts found
  Wickedjelly

Novice Member

The Dude abides

7/09/12 12:39:12 PM#61
Originally posted by miguksaram

Is that to say, in your opinion, all those games you listed had chat related issues to extent TSW is currently experiencing AT LAUNCH?  The last part if very important because chat issues at an earlier (beta) or later (1 month+) date make a huge difference in the overall impact of the fan base.

Somewhere in the early days. Not like I kept a diary about it so I know it went from exactly this date to another. Shit happens. Like I said it needs to be fixed and soon. My point is that this doesn;t mean the game is doomed or a mass exodus is going to happen just over this.

Shit happens. Far as I know this is only the second day it has been around. You guys are acting like it has been this way since launch. Like I said we're still talking about this in a few days then yeah...it's an issue to start shaking fists over.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Sevenwind

Apprentice Member

7/09/12 12:59:16 PM#62

AC2 had broken chat for months after release. Months

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Vutar

Advanced Member

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. -George Santayana

OP  7/09/12 1:00:37 PM#63
Originally posted by Sevenwind

I know, what happened to it? Dead.

miguksaram

Advanced Member

7/09/12 1:00:45 PM#64

If that is meant as a defense well......I guess I'll just let it that speak for itself.

TalulaRose

Advanced Member

7/09/12 1:11:57 PM#65

WoW had massive server disconnects for the first 9 months after launch.....

People not being able to ask questions in general.....small potatoes....

I have done a pug with no group chat, no one died. First time for 3 of us. Not that many people speak in group chat anyway these days.

Wasn't there something about Dark days are coming.....

I find it funny that someone who said they wouldn't be playing the game is complaining about the chat bug.

Would that be irony?

Vutar

Advanced Member

OP  7/09/12 1:24:44 PM#66
Originally posted by TalulaRose

I have done a pug with no group chat, no one died. First time for 3 of us. Not that many people speak in group chat anyway these days.

I find it funny that someone who said they wouldn't be playing the game is complaining about the chat bug.

Would that be irony?

I never said I wouldn't play, I said I wouldn't play until it was F2P. Right now it is F2P for me as I am using a buddies account who quit after the first day.

Now what I find funny is that you came into a chat bug thread talking about how WoW had disconnects for 9 months...

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

7/09/12 1:42:53 PM#67

LOL, if I hadn't seen the system messages flash by, I would have never known there was a chat bug.

I'm only in Kingsmouth, and there's absolutely no need to chat with anyone, but I suppose that changes once you get to dungeon content.

But then again, my recent experience in Tera and other MMO's didn't have people chatting a whole lot their either, except to bitch each other out when a wipe happened.

Annoying issue, sure, hopefully, they'll get it fixed up pretty quickly.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Sevenwind

Apprentice Member

7/09/12 3:41:28 PM#68
Originally posted by miguksaram

If that is meant as a defense well......I guess I'll just let it that speak for itself.

Take it however you two want. It is ignorant to think they are just sitting there denying they have chat issue problems and are doing nothing to fix it. It's just not fixed at the speed you would like.

They had the same issues in AOC a few months back for a week...they fixed it. It hiccups every now and then.

Now back to my game...

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

dellirious13

Apprentice Member

7/09/12 3:51:12 PM#69

Question: What of the MMOs with broken chats in the beginning lasted as P2P model???

They all went F2P within 1 year, because they had trouble keeping player levels up.

So, imo, to say that "chat problems happen in MMO" is to test the beast-of-history-repeated.  WoW had virtually no chat problems. GW1 had no chat problems. Ultima Online did not either. Heroes and Villians didn't. FFXII didn't. And all these games did pretty well for awhile with P2P or whatever their starting business model. (I didnt put EQ1 and EQ2, because i cant remember if there were chat issues, but i dont think there ever were).

Basically, Funcom should have had chat fixed for release, seeing that I (and others) had chat problems from time to time in closed beta even.

EDIT: There is a good game under the bugs and login issues and pointless server downtime....I just this Funcom could have handled it better.

User Deleted
7/09/12 4:29:12 PM#70

Whether people have no right to be upset about something they can't fix themselves or whatever silly defense fans come up with when people complain about an issue negatively affecting their experience with a game, the reality is that it does impact how a game is received and how it will grow or decline, at least in the short term... and sometimes the short term is all you get to hook people on your game.

And it's never  just the one person who walks away because they find Funcom's inability to get the chat problem fixed ridiculous.  It's the friends that leave with them and the friends that don't pick up the game because that player is not playing and the people he doesn't 'sell' the game to in the internet communities he hangs out in and the people he turns off by criticizing the game and so on.

"Working on it" is not fixed, and in the meantime the good will that was established from a relatively successful launch is being squandered.  The fact that it's taking them longer than even Funcom would like to fix it is not on the players impatience or sense of entitlement...that's on Funcom for screwing it up in the first place and failing to deliver on an essential MMO feature.  It's was the same for Bioware's screwups on TOR and will be the same for ArenaNet's screwups on GW2.

garretth

Novice Member

7/09/12 4:35:52 PM#71
Originally posted by Vutar

Would that be irony?

I never said I wouldn't play, I said I wouldn't play until it was F2P. Right now it is F2P for me as I am using a buddies account who quit after the first day.

Now what I find funny is that you came into a chat bug thread talking about how WoW had disconnects for 9 months...

I haven't had any problems...or didn't notice any.   I am having FUN with this game.  FUN.  It is engrossing.  The players are cool.  

Vutar

Advanced Member

OP  7/09/12 4:38:12 PM#72
Originally posted by garretth

Would that be irony?

I haven't had any problems...or didn't notice any.   I am having FUN with this game.  FUN.  It is engrossing.  The players are cool.  

Oh, well if you aren't having issues then clearly they don't exist.

garretth

Novice Member

7/09/12 4:40:56 PM#73
Originally posted by garretth

Would that be irony?

Oh, well if you aren't having issues then clearly they don't exist.

I am not having any issues so they do not exist for me.

Doomedfox

Novice Member

7/09/12 4:52:44 PM#74

It is a problem that needs to be fixed fast as it can destroy the game (at least the group and community part) for the person who has the problems.

I had it for the first time today and am almoust sure that it only happens in some of the dimensions i logged in and it showed me Grim full even tho i was logging in np and encounter the prob.

I relogged and noticed that it did not show as full anymore but the chat problem was still there.

After that i went to Seoul and that fixed it for me (since its a seperate dimension) after i left Seoul i still was able to chat so the prob was solved for me.

I took a break came back and had the same problems and yet again a fast trip to Seoul helped and fixed it.

I am not sure if i was just lucky or if the different dimensions really do matter but if you encounter the problem just try it out.

miguksaram

Advanced Member

7/10/12 2:22:48 AM#75
Originally posted by Doomedfox

It is a problem that needs to be fixed fast as it can destroy the game (at least the group and community part) for the person who has the problems.

I had it for the first time today and am almoust sure that it only happens in some of the dimensions i logged in and it showed me Grim full even tho i was logging in np and encounter the prob.

I relogged and noticed that it did not show as full anymore but the chat problem was still there.

After that i went to Seoul and that fixed it for me (since its a seperate dimension) after i left Seoul i still was able to chat so the prob was solved for me.

I took a break came back and had the same problems and yet again a fast trip to Seoul helped and fixed it.

I am not sure if i was just lucky or if the different dimensions really do matter but if you encounter the problem just try it out.

If this is true than at least it sounds like another work around for the dimension specific issues plagueing an otherwise great game.  Which worries because It sounds like these type of issues could continue for quite a bit longer (not specifically the chat issue but rather dim bugs) if they are in fact related to the "single server/dim" tech itself.  Hopefully I'm wrong though because I really do enjoy the game but I play MMORPG's for the community so the lack of a functioning chat is a seriously flaw in my eyes.  I have Skyrim and other great customizable RPG's I can choose to play if I didn't care about communicating with others.

fatpanda

Novice Member

8/20/13 6:37:32 AM#76
over a YEAR later and still the same exact bug, game breaking for an MMO since you can't chat with anyone.
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search