Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,263 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,314
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » One problem with The Secret World

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
44 posts found
  Antipathy

Novice Member

7/25/13 5:58:53 PM#41

In most games you kill loads of mobs as an objective for quests. Kill 10 goblins. Collect wolf pelts etc. etc.

Whilst TSW is very light on kill quests. Instead you end up meeting monsters as you're moving around because they are in the way. What's the problem? The grind isn't any worse than other games.

I prefer the TSW system. The way combat breaks out feels more natural for a horror game (the monsters are out to get the character, not the other way round). It also gives more opportunity for skill (since a good player will advoid mobs better, and hence get through missions faster).

TheRealDarkeus

Novice Member

“I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

7/28/13 2:44:42 PM#42

I love how The Secret World works.  Mobs are dangerous, and they should be.  I have noticed that I think mobs are too passive in most MMO games after playung TSW.

As for the PvP and PvE hanging out.  You do realize that the PvP between the factions is called, "The Secret War", right?

It is supposed to be behind the scenes.  The cooperation between the factions is all to make the Council of Venice feel good about itself....  Know your lore, because knowing is half the battle.  ;)

kiern

Novice Member

8/20/13 12:14:24 AM#43

They fill the world with MoBs to assure there are enough to kill when there are large numbers of players, but when the numbers dwindle a single player has to deal with all the spawns trying to get from A to B.  Fighting endless groups of  MoBs isn't challenging, it is tedious.

Mattatron

Apprentice Member

8/20/13 12:20:08 AM#44

... and then these people learn how to sprint through spawn to get to where they're going, and everything is ok.

When you think about it, pretty simple things can have learning curves.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search