Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,683 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,416
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 posts found
  Wildaboutwildstar

Apprentice Member

OP  7/26/13 10:40:50 AM#1
Is this game #1 released game on the game list? This game is bad to the core. PvE - Worthless PvP - Less than Worthless More bugs than a roach motel. The only thing I can say about this game that is even remotely positive is that they tried to do something interesting with quests. It failed miserably, but they did try.
  Tygranir

Novice Member

7/26/13 10:44:37 AM#2
Nice opinion. It's not a widely shared one though.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
Referral link
7 day subscriber level access
Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

Rusque

Elite Member

7/26/13 11:02:40 AM#3

Two requirements to be rated highly on MMORPG.com

1. Don't be WoW.

2. Have a vocal group of supporters who don't play the game, but talk about how much better it is than WoW and/or how other games need to be more like it.

Top 10 games are:

TSW (yeah, it's okay, but really not #1 material)

GW2 (could be an amazing game, fell a short of greatness due to some design decisions)

Firefall (SIN Still synching? You have enough time to tab out and rate it a 10!)

Rift (A WoW clone where you can macro your entire rotation to 1 button is rated much higher than actual WoW - just to explain how much people here hate WoW).

PS2 (Beuller Beuller? Does anyone play this? Hell, do people even talk about it anymore?)

Grando Espada Online (lol wut)

EVE (Best game ever that EQN should totally be like, but I won't play it because you're a ship! Needs more swords and dragons please)

GW1 (Pretty good game, but more of a lobby game. People cry about WoW's instanced dungeons and PvP, but GW1 is apparently okay)

LOTRO (Yeah, about that)

FFXI (Who in the world is even voting on this? Guess I can't be surprised FF is very popular franchise, hell even I like FF)

koboldfodder

Apprentice Member

7/26/13 11:20:06 AM#4

It's an okay game.  The best thing about TSW is the skill wheel thing.  There are a lot of combinations you can make.  The worst thing about the game are the awful combat animations.  PVP is the usual instanced crap that means nothing, so of course it is a totally worthless game system.

A lot of people like the quests and the overall feel of the game, I did not.  It felt like a cheesy Stephen King rip off, especially the New England zone.  To be fair, most of Stephen King's novels feel like a cheesy Stephen King rip off.  If you are like me and do not like the story and quests, it is just another themepark.  There are much better "just another themepark" MMOs out there to play.  Age of Conan is a better game by the same company.  Different setting, but a better themepark game.

Bjelar

Novice Member

7/26/13 11:24:21 AM#5

The competition isn't great.

I agree with the list.  It is probably the best MMO atm.

It doesn't assume that players are dumb as rocks, and it tells an entertaining story (probably the only mmo to do so).