Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Pillars of Eternity | D&D Online | Skyforge

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,960,122 Users Online:0
Games:803  Posts:6,394,311
Funcom | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Any difference in the storyline between the three factions?

5 posts found
  Quicksand

Hard Core Member

OP  7/11/13 2:11:03 PM#1

Question, is there any reason to play all three factions? Are there different questlines or story lines to follow? or do all three factions go to the same zones and do the same quest as each other?

Only asking because I am still in Kingsmouth/Savage coast (rank 6 with Temps) and the other two factions start off here and are doing the same quest.

Thanks in advance.

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

Torcip

Hard Core Member

7/11/13 2:13:59 PM#2
In the various zones yes the quests are the same, but there will be various quests here and there, usually at certain faction ranks or at the end/beginning of a new zone. So yes, largely the factions storyline is the same, but there are enough differences where you can get a few new things by playing through each one. 
  Quicksand

Hard Core Member

OP  7/11/13 2:18:35 PM#3
Cool, thanks for the info.

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

WillyMMORPG

Novice Member

7/12/13 2:53:34 AM#4

The faction quests given by your handlers are usually different. I've played Dragon and Templar and there was a Dragon quest that sent you to London and had you sneak into an underground Templar area and you had to assault a stronghold area in order to loot a relic sword.

When I got to this mission as my Templar character, it flipped the script and your Templar handlers sent you into the instanced area and you had to assist your faction in rebuffing the attacking (NPC) Dragons and Templars.

The NPC quest givers are decided different and each has their own quirks and some sly, tongue in cheek humor poking fun at the usual movie and television tropes.

User Deleted
7/12/13 3:01:19 AM#5
You get a blowjob as one of the asian faction guys.