Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,166 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,780
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Guardians of Gaia Anniversary Event Guide

6 posts found
  rubusmo

Apprentice Member

OP  7/06/13 7:37:37 AM#1

This way to the hollow earth presents: TSW anniversary event guide

The Secret World just turned one year old and Funcom is celebrating the occasion with an anniversary event called Guardians of Gaia. The event will be running from July 3rd to July 8th, with some parts of it being available all the way until July 15th. 

I made an event guide for the anniversary event, and thought of sharing it here as well. You can find the guide over at This way to the Hollow Earth. The guide contains a ton of event related information packed together with lots of images about the rewards and monsters, lore locations and such.

The main feature of the event are the nine gigantic guardians of Gaia, wandering around the playfields. Rewards for killing the guardians include fashion accessories such as eye patches and monocles, and 9 miniature sized versions of the 9 gigantic guardians as pets. There's also a daily changing double AP/XP/etc bonus during the event.

There's also an official developers letter about the anniversary.

WillyMMORPG

Novice Member

7/07/13 2:43:06 AM#2

Did you know: when everyone is following the large, gold guy Gate Keeper (looks suspiciously like an Academy Award), it's called a Gaia Pride Parade?

Drum roll. Rim shot. Cymbal.

DocBrody

Elite Member

7/07/13 3:12:14 AM#3

Well I am highly impressed how professional some players ("spotters") organized and moderate the #aniversity channel , announcing the bosses, which dimension and who to meet up with.

felt like a military operation with so hundreds of people, finished killing the Golems in New England and Egypt,  doing Transylvania today and tomorrow.

got some sweet loot, still hoping for the eyepatch too, already got a monocle and some golem pets

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

7/07/13 6:41:55 AM#4

An optional add on that makes life a tad easier: http://www.curse.com/tsw-mods/tsw/misjahs_mission_timers

Track the cool down on all your missions. 

rubusmo

Apprentice Member

OP  7/07/13 9:42:14 AM#5
Originally posted by DocBrody

Well I am highly impressed how professional some players ("spotters") organized and moderate the #aniversity channel , announcing the bosses, which dimension and who to meet up with.

felt like a military operation with so hundreds of people, finished killing the Golems in New England and Egypt,  doing Transylvania today and tomorrow.

It's really amazing how efficient the guardian killing is through that channel. Even thought it's people doing it, it almost feels too unhuman to be true, as it's so efficient. It almost feels like a work of a bee hive or warrior ants. It definitely shows that there is a power in coordinated numbers.

Doing the guardian achievement is a lot easier thanks to that channel.

WillyMMORPG

Novice Member

7/08/13 1:32:22 AM#6
Originally posted by rubusmo
Originally posted by DocBrody

It's really amazing how efficient the guardian killing is through that channel. Even thought it's people doing it, it almost feels too unhuman to be true, as it's so efficient. It almost feels like a work of a bee hive or warrior ants. It definitely shows that there is a power in coordinated numbers.

Doing the guardian achievement is a lot easier thanks to that channel.

You can pretty much start at Kingsmouth, burn through New England, hit Egypt, then hit Transylvania and by the time you get with the eight boss, the cool down (2 hours) on the first Guardian should be nearly expired and you can start it all again, if you're so inclined to do. Just as easy as right clicking on a spotter's name in the #anniversity channel, "Add to Friends", shift + F to bring up friend's list, right click on the new name and "Meet up" option to automatically warp to the correct Dimension and Server where everyone is amassing to gank a Guardian. Rinse. Repeat.

I had extra time to play on Sunday and I was able to do three complete cycles in a semi long play session -- I saved all of the loot bags until the very end so I could go all Christmas Morning on them after a long, hard day. I got one Transylvania pet and the monocle and enough Green & Blue signet bags to fill up my pack (and eventually add to my massive Signet library in one of my character's bank.