Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Mythborne | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,129 Users Online:0
Games:738  Posts:6,238,346
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » Reviews & Impressions » Is crafting still at random?

2 posts found
  OniDaimyo77

Novice Member

OP  5/19/13 8:08:05 AM#1
Do you still get random weapons? I hated that so much. I liked the starter one handed sword look. The kinda curved blade ninja sword? I was disapointed that I got randomized swords when I crafted. I wanted specific looks to swords I made.
  dancingstar

Hard Core Member

5/19/13 8:56:40 AM#2

Had to double-check which forum I'd stepped into, as I've played and still vaguely follow some games with fairly brutal RNG elements in the crafting (critical success chance elements, chance of craft failing altogether and losing your materials), but AFAIK there have been no substantial changes to the TSW crafting system since launch.

But to answer your question: Green crafted weapons of QL7-10 each have 3 possible skins & it is entirely random which is produced. All other crafted weapons have a single design for each weapon type / grade / QL.

In any case, green weapon crafting kits and weapons / barrier drinks which can be disassembled for weapons are such a common drop from landscape mobs that it shouldn't be that much trouble to keep trying until you get the one you're after.

http://tempest-at-tr.guildlaunch.com/gwiki/index.php?page_name=TSW_Weapons&gid=201507 shows most of these, tho' it's not 100% complete and hasn't been updated for ages.

Additionally if you like the look of a particular weapon you can transfer it to another one using items called "casting toolkits" which can be obtained from the Council of Venice token vendors in each zone; in fact, once you've "levelled" / geared up past a region, that's about the only use remaining for the "Sequin" tokens obtained from doing zone missions or as drops from Nightmare landscape mobs.