Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Albion Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,391 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,754
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Game most similar to TSW?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  tank017

Novice Member

5/17/13 12:32:25 PM#21
Originally posted by Skooma2
Originally posted by tank017

it has only a few similarities to other MMO's

its a themepark,it has your standard instances,battle ground type pvp.Other than that, it is one of a kind.

And, ironically, there is a fun, family-friendly theme park in the 2nd map.   Be sure to bring the kids.

lol,best theme park Ive ever been to.

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

5/22/13 6:44:46 AM#22
Originally posted by Skooma2

it has only a few similarities to other MMO's

its a themepark,it has your standard instances,battle ground type pvp.Other than that, it is one of a kind.

And, ironically, there is a fun, family-friendly theme park in the 2nd map.   Be sure to bring the kids.

lol,best theme park Ive ever been to.

Well they sure put themeparks back on the map again

but back to the orriginal question..

i dont think there are any mmos out there that you can compare this game with...  There are just to many great stories out her that you dont want to miss.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations)
Currently playing : The Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

5/22/13 6:47:52 AM#23

I'd say... GW2 would be the best way to describe its combat at least. A bit clunky and floaty feeling at times. Outside that though, it tends to be its own kind of beast. Can't really compare games exactly to it. While the combat isn't stunning, its entertaining enough and you might be more attached then me (Found it far to weak in GW2, though TSW the setting and all managed to hold my attention at least a little more).

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

5/22/13 7:01:07 AM#24
Coh is the closest comparison

Both tsw and gw2 borrowed its state based combat / gameplay, although coh is tab target of course.

It takes place in modern times like coh

The player characters are basicly superpowered humans in tsw

Both games have an emphasis on rp and small scale pve

Both games have a complex and good character progression system

Both games have your clothing being statless and your gear bonuses coming from invisible upgrades

Both games aren't particularly quest hub driven and instead have quests dotted about the place

Both games have a flexible group composition where you don't need a dedicated tank and healbot, providing you have damage mitigation / crowd control / heals spread throughout your team

Both games have hidden lore items you collect through the world

Both games have outdoor zone bosses you can fight.

Both games are the only heavy pve mmos I've actually enjoyed playing (well early wow too)
2 Pages « 1 2 Search