Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Albion Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,347 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,701
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » PvP Disabled after switching characters, any advice?

7 posts found
  Krelian

Apprentice Member

My new motto; Nothing worth saying takes less than a giant wall of (kinda)structured text! :D

OP  5/10/13 7:50:49 AM#1

Greetings.

Im back to TSW after a rather long break.

I joined multiple  pvp matches yesterday without any problems.

I even joined one more match today - this morning, before the pvp got disabled for me.

How? ...........I THINK=

Its about me switching characters for a little while.

After doing my last pvp match this morning, I switch to one of my alt characters (SAME FACTION) to test out a few different weapon/skill combinations on him,

BUT THAN, I switched to my second alt character, THIS TIME FROM A DIFFERENT FACTION, and tried a few more weapon&skill combinations on him,.

I NEVER JOINED PVP WITH ANY ONE OF THESE ALT-TOONs.

After deciding on which skills to pick, I was back on my main character again, ready for another round of PVP.

BUT UNLIKE  yesterday/ this morning, no matter how many times I press the ''Sign-Up'' button, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Meaning; I can't even join a queue for the game anymore. ...........Than, I asked for help in-game, but to no-avail.

I sent a petition, but no reply yet.

ALSO, I SWITCHED BACK TO MY ALT FROM THE OPPOSING FACTION, AND I COULD JOIN PVP ON HIM!!

So (SINCE HE IS JUST a worthless ''test character'')  I deleted him immediately, I EVEN deleted my other toon from the same faction as me, restarted my computer / game many times in the process.

STILL, my main character cannot join pvp queues......

ANY advice would be helpful. If you have questions for me, dont hesitate to ask. Thank you for your time:)

erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

5/10/13 7:53:21 AM#2

I think there is an hour cool down on pvp to prevent you from switching sides to rig the game in pvp.  Since you character was of the opposite faction, It was put in place to keep you from capturing soul wells then logging back over to recapture them. 

Four0Six

Apprentice Member

5/10/13 7:53:52 AM#3

Why have ALTs from same factin? (you unlock all abilities on each)?

Were your Alts of appropriot level?

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

5/10/13 8:14:17 AM#4
They should have you nominate a main character and let you pvp on that one only, with a 48 hour cooldown period if you swap.
  Krelian

Apprentice Member

My new motto; Nothing worth saying takes less than a giant wall of (kinda)structured text! :D

OP  5/10/13 9:38:29 AM#5

Well, it has been a few hours or so since pvp's been unavailable for me, and still no dice.

I love the idea that has been suggested above, by the way.

Instead of letting me find out by SURPRISE (I don't think its mentioned much anywhere)

1-Give me a warning that ur gonna ban me from pvp for a while EVEN THOUGH I NEVER ENTERED A PVP SITUATION WITH MY ALT.

2-LET *ME* nominate a character for pvp, so that all other characters are disabled for pvp for at least 48 (+) hours, THAT WAY, i cant trick anyone, but at the same time, i know what im getting into.

IMHO, the current system really sucks, and i still have no reply to my petition...

And i was just about to re-subscribe to the game, lol :D

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

5/10/13 9:58:48 AM#6
Not to be cynical or anything, but maybe its time to do somthing else besides pvp. As the philosophy that I follow states, nothing happens without reason.
  Krelian

Apprentice Member

OP  5/10/13 10:15:54 AM#7
Originally posted by birdycephon
Not to be cynical or anything, but maybe its time to do somthing else besides pvp. As the philosophy that I follow states, nothing happens without reason.

Not to sound mean, but you don't know the reason that im trying to pvp. I NORMALLY AM A PVE PLAYER (unless I have lots of time on my hands and playing EVE online, than im a pvp player :D ), and the pve portion of TSW is the part that I spent the wast majority of my time on.

So why the heck am I suddenly so stuck on PVP, you ask? (whats my goal?)

ARMOR! SWEET, SWEET PVP ARMOR! In a (rather) recent(ish) update, they have made it so that if you earn an armor outfit as a reward in PVP, you can now also use it in PVE,,,, and im just such a sucker for armor :D

AND ALSO, I have only been pvping for a day, NOT FOR MONTHS OR YEARS, so yeah... with all due respect, I can't imagine that your philosophy applies in this particular case :)