Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Echo of Soul | EVE Online

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,975,586 Users Online:0
Games:818  Posts:6,419,473
Funcom | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Can you retrieve character from Beta?

4 posts found
  Redhawk2006

Novice Member

OP  4/30/13 7:37:58 AM#1

I played TSW during the Beta and just purchased the full game. When I start the game it takes me to the character creation and dimension select screen, but I do not see my Beta character there. I am using the same username and password to log in that I used in the Beta. When I go to my account at the TSW website, it shows me a bunch of items that I have that I believe I earned during the Beta and preceeding online events, such as Templar clothing as I chose Templar in the online web-based game.

Thanks for any advice.

Freeaked

Apprentice Member

4/30/13 7:40:30 AM#2
No. 
  erictlewis

Novice Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

4/30/13 7:41:00 AM#3

YOu know they wiped the beta characters at launch, so no you cant access them. 

dancingstar

Hard Core Member

4/30/13 10:08:52 AM#4

Characters from the open beta weekends were wiped after the third weekend.

Characters on closed beta were wiped shortly before launch, and there has been another character wipe on the test servers a few weeks ago (in any case, for reasons that should be obvious, characters can't be copied from the test servers to live).

Really, this is quite normal. Beta, especially open beta, may be as much a marketing tool as for actually testing the game, but it still ain't a headstart.