Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,707 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,580
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » The Myth of the "Ugly Women in TSW"

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
50 posts found
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

4/13/13 2:17:35 PM#41
Originally posted by Amegashie
Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
Originally posted by gaeanprayer
If this is truly the perception of the average gamer, you guys need to crawl out of your holes and visit the real world for a bit. The women in this thread from TSW aren't 'average', TSW aims for realism and yet in the real world those women would still be models, still more beautiful than the 'average' woman. You guys are getting so used to air-brushed perfection that you're starting to think that's the norm. Reality check, people.

In reality african american and asians comes with all kind of features. Have you tried making one of either in TSW? the nose, eyes, lips etc are such stereotypes that i am surprised anyone would even have an audactiy to type 'TSW is going for reality'.

You're mixing up going for realism with lack of options. I guess everyone can agree there should be a lot more choices for pretty much every feature of your character you can alter, including ones not usually found in Caucasians.

That's something entirely different than what the guy you quoted was talking about though and he is spot on. 

how is he spot on? there are TONS of extremely beautiful average joes walking around the world that are not air brushed movie stars.. so why if they are trying to make a game "realistic" can I not make a toon that to me looks anything better than below average in the beauty spectrum...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Konfess

Elite Member

4/13/13 2:46:56 PM#42
I'm sorry, but that outfit makes Her ass look fat, hehe.

Pardon any spelling errors
Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
Mom: We don't talk to Priests.

eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

4/13/13 2:54:04 PM#43
Originally posted by Gravarg
Originally posted by eyelolled

Beholders are ugly.  Women, not so much.

I thought beauty was in the eye of the beholder? 

i guess we could kill it, cut out it's eye, and drink the eye juice inside...that would make us beautiful people? :)

eww! I don't think you drink it. I'd be more inclined to rub the eyeball juice on the skin for that youthful glow. Kind of a Beholder Balm.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

FromHell

Novice Member

4/13/13 2:59:48 PM#44

Try to create a woman like this in TsW, then we'll discuss this further

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

4/13/13 3:04:03 PM#45

i guess we could kill it, cut out it's eye, and drink the eye juice inside...that would make us beautiful people? :)

eww! I don't think you drink it. I'd be more inclined to rub the eyeball juice on the skin for that youthful glow. Kind of a Beholder Balm.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again?  That's actually a cool advertisement, Wizards should come out with some Beholder Balm for the ladies, my wife would buy some lol.

eyelolled

Advanced Member

4/13/13 3:18:51 PM#46

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again?  That's actually a cool advertisement, Wizards should come out with some Beholder Balm for the ladies, my wife would buy some lol.

lol. I was actually thinking about SotL after I suggested it. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

eyelolled

Advanced Member

4/13/13 3:32:27 PM#47
Originally posted by FromHell

Is that in-game, or from a TSW cinematic?

Aerowyn

Novice Member

4/13/13 3:35:10 PM#48
Originally posted by FromHell

Is that in-game, or from a TSW cinematic?

I lolled :)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Scalpless

Hard Core Member

4/15/13 4:52:29 AM#49

TSW's problem isn't that all of its female models are ugly. The problem is that the majority of them is. If you want a female character who doesn't look ugly and weird, you'll have to choose between only a few faces. The same can be said about male characters, but to a lesser degree. Faces are also badly animated, which is why they often look bad during cutscenes.

Amegashie

Apprentice Member

4/18/13 5:17:24 AM#50
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by Amegashie
Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
Originally posted by gaeanprayer
If this is truly the perception of the average gamer, you guys need to crawl out of your holes and visit the real world for a bit. The women in this thread from TSW aren't 'average', TSW aims for realism and yet in the real world those women would still be models, still more beautiful than the 'average' woman. You guys are getting so used to air-brushed perfection that you're starting to think that's the norm. Reality check, people.

In reality african american and asians comes with all kind of features. Have you tried making one of either in TSW? the nose, eyes, lips etc are such stereotypes that i am surprised anyone would even have an audactiy to type 'TSW is going for reality'.

You're mixing up going for realism with lack of options. I guess everyone can agree there should be a lot more choices for pretty much every feature of your character you can alter, including ones not usually found in Caucasians.

That's something entirely different than what the guy you quoted was talking about though and he is spot on. 

how is he spot on? there are TONS of extremely beautiful average joes walking around the world that are not air brushed movie stars.. so why if they are trying to make a game "realistic" can I not make a toon that to me looks anything better than below average in the beauty spectrum...

The "to me" part seems to be the problem here. 

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search