Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,789,642 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,744
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » The Myth of the "Ugly Women in TSW"

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
50 posts found
  ashleymorrow

Novice Member

Joined: 9/19/10
Posts: 176

 
OP  4/07/13 1:42:56 PM#1

I admit that at launch TSW had some real issues with regards to women's faces. It is now very possible to create a beautiful avatar though. 

 

I'm sharing this, would love if others wanted to share their characters as well.

 

  

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

4/07/13 1:44:28 PM#2

lol well at that size anything can be considered "beautiful" might want to add a full sized pic

 

ahh there you go.. you and I have a very differen't opinion on what makes a beautiful toon it seems.. in TSW i could make 3 "decent" looking female toons but none i'd call beautiful

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  psiic

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/03/09
Posts: 566

4/07/13 1:44:40 PM#3
Ummm beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
  MortisRex

Novice Member

Joined: 9/23/04
Posts: 366

4/07/13 1:46:54 PM#4
Originally posted by psiic
Ummm beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Beholders have multiple eyestalks and this affords them an appreciation for a wide range of beauty (not to mention a Ray of disintegration.).

  rodingo

Hard Core Member

Joined: 1/18/07
Posts: 1654

4/07/13 1:51:21 PM#5
Originally posted by MortisRex
Originally posted by psiic
Ummm beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Beholders have multiple eyestalks and this affords them an appreciation for a wide range of beauty (not to mention a Ray of disintegration.).

Lol, nice

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

4/07/13 1:51:21 PM#6

for example i'd say norn female can be very "pretty" in gw2

but even the best character i could make in TSW was just average to me

 

but then again who is to say what is beautiful.. hell i know people who say scarlet johanson is ugly and I find her one of the best looking females in hollywood.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  dancingstar

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/19/11
Posts: 273

4/07/13 1:54:01 PM#7

T'yiga "Teega" Vinnawn, dressed up for the Crusades.

Alice "Shaktivada" Murray, dressed for Hell

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

4/07/13 1:56:49 PM#8

for me this is probably the best looking female face I  have seen in a MMO imho.. but again others may disagree

 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  psiic

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/03/09
Posts: 566

4/07/13 1:59:38 PM#9
Originally posted by Aerowyn

for example i'd say norn female can be very "pretty" in gw2

but even the best character i could make in TSW was just average to me

 

but then again who is to say what is beautiful.. hell i know people who say scarlet johanson is ugly and I find her one of the best looking females in hollywood.

 

Unfair if we talking boobie beauty need to show the GW2 boobies a little more out there and in your face

  Rohn

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/02/08
Posts: 3739

4/07/13 2:56:42 PM#10
Originally posted by ashleymorrow

I admit that at launch TSW had some real issues with regards to women's faces. It is now very possible to create a beautiful avatar though. 

 

I'm sharing this, would love if others wanted to share their characters as well.

 

 

I agree with you.  As far as "pixel-people" are concerned, I think that female characters can be made in TSW that are quite attractive.  The game has a definite style as far as models are concerned, but I think they look a bit more "real" than what's found in other games.

Sure, I think they can still add more variety, but there's nothing wrong with what they have now.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

  ashleymorrow

Novice Member

Joined: 9/19/10
Posts: 176

 
OP  4/07/13 6:43:47 PM#11
Originally posted by Rohn
 

 

I agree with you.  As far as "pixel-people" are concerned, I think that female characters can be made in TSW that are quite attractive.  The game has a definite style as far as models are concerned, but I think they look a bit more "real" than what's found in other games.

Sure, I think they can still add more variety, but there's nothing wrong with what they have now.

I agree, would love more options but it is getting better.

A few more:

 

 

  dreamscaper

Hard Core Member

Joined: 8/14/08
Posts: 1217

4/09/13 11:10:40 PM#12

The character creation is definitely lacking. They seem to have added some options since launch, though, so mebbe we'll see more soon? I'm pretty happy with my current look.

 

NotIlluminatiISwear

<3

  Boreas

Novice Member

Joined: 10/01/04
Posts: 24

4/11/13 7:50:50 PM#13

My understanding is they included some additional choices when they added the option to change appearance and hairstyle after character creation.

I also enjoyed how creepy they made the NPC who allows you to change your physical appearance. "Look like someone completely different? Yesss, we can do that" [insane laugh]. He fits the setting well. The mission that explains where he gets his "raw materials" was a nice touch as well.

  Wizardry

Elite Member

Joined: 8/27/04
Posts: 6586

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

4/11/13 7:56:51 PM#14

Haha you know how many guys out there love the homely ,girl next door look,MILLIONS !.

The chemical faced,beauty salon look can turn a lot of guys off.I guess it is the same for fake and real breasts,some love it,some hate it.

BTW the lovliest female character i have ever seen in a game was Yuna from FFX and the hottest was Lion from FFXI :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

  eyelolled

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/13/10
Posts: 3082

I am more than some of my parts

4/11/13 9:24:49 PM#15
I still find the women in TSW to be quite unattractive tbh.  I definately find the female faces in AoC to be superior which is what I find disturbing.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

  Resetgun

Novice Member

Joined: 2/06/04
Posts: 473

4/13/13 10:06:03 AM#16
Is Underworld style latex catsuit yet available for female characters?

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

  Bigdaddyx

Elite Member

Joined: 5/24/10
Posts: 1361

4/13/13 10:12:15 AM#17

They say beauty is in eye of beholder so maybe that is why OP likes ugly faces in TSW.

However, you can come up with couple of decent faces in TSW but nothing on level of games like Aion, Tera, GW2 , FFXI, FFXIV, AOC.

  taus01

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/12/06
Posts: 1419

4/13/13 10:18:15 AM#18

 

They all look like goth/emo, meth addicts or plastic dolls. No my cup of tea. (tsw females that is)

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

  Eir_S

Hard Core Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4696

GW2 socialist.

4/13/13 10:41:29 AM#19

Well this isn't going well...

But seriously, you can't dispell a myth that was just an opinion in the first place, no matter how many people shared that opinion.  Who cares if someone thinks your avatar is fugly?  You see the back of your character most of the time anyway.

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

4/13/13 10:43:16 AM#20
Originally posted by Eir_S

Well this isn't going well...

But seriously, you can't dispell a myth that was just an opinion in the first place, no matter how many people shared that opinion.  Who cares if someone thinks your avatar is fugly?  You see the back of your character most of the time anyway.

well in a game like this and swtor you see the front of your character a LOT more than your average MMO so i'd say to me it's even that more important to like the look of your avatar

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search