Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,431 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,896
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » [Poll] Is your new fighting technique unstoppable?

10 posts found
  Ortwig

Apprentice Member

OP  3/15/13 4:46:31 PM#1

Woo-hoo another poll!  :)  So as you are playing TSW, what's your fighting style?  Is it influenced by other games you play or have played recently?  Or are you trying something new?  How does it feel compare to other games of choice?  What do those games do that you like/don't like?  

This is a poll for people playing regularly, so if you're not playing just check out the results.

What fighting style do you use in TSW?

Lots of movement and dodging to mitigate damage as I use different abilities
Standing still and spamming same/similar abilities
Strategizing/switching decks before a fight and then wading in
I found a standard cookie cutter and use it for everything
Lots of build experimentation/trial and error
Reticle combat mode all the way
Kiting and distance shots
Full on tank mode/wading in
Healing myelf while wearing the bastards down down
Show me the results
(login to vote)
  gestalt11

Advanced Member

3/15/13 8:08:56 PM#2
All of the above
  remyburke

Advanced Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

3/15/13 8:17:37 PM#3
I'm a tinkerer, so I love to try new combinations and possibilities. With 70% of my wheel unlocked, it's getting pretty interesting.

MMORPG.com member: 10th Year Anniversary. Where has the time gone...?

Waiting for: ArcheAge

Played: AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

Jenuviel

Apprentice Member

Sadness is but a wall between two gardens. -Kahlil Gibran

3/15/13 8:19:44 PM#4
I didn't really see a category for the way I play. I guess I move around, in that I don't just stand there and soak up effects when the telegraphs go out, but I'm not constantly moving. I have three characters, and all three are survival builds with different weapons (I'm not much for grouping), so combat's basically all offense until I'm hurt, then some healing, then back to offense. One character's fist/chaos, one's blade/blood and one's shotgun/assault rifle, though they all have other weapons and builds for specific enemies and situations.
  User Deleted
3/15/13 8:30:01 PM#5

Depends on if it's pve or pvp. If pvp, I like to heal mainly, though I might hang back and snipe if I'm not healing.

For pve, however, with a blade rifle build, I find it easiest and most efficient to debuff and slow packs of mobs with the rifle and then when they get to me I stand there and aoe them down with the blade.  If it's a single target, same but instead just finish with single target blade attack. So it's mainly just stand there and spam attacks in a certain rotation. If it's a boss with a big attack, then I dodge and roll, etc. after clearing the trash mobs out of the area. I don't really like kiting in any type of combat system.

[Edit: Of course, I do move out of the white circles and cones, etc. before they hit.]

iozay

Novice Member

3/16/13 3:21:01 AM#6
I actually use all those methods :o
  Po_gg

Elite Member

3/16/13 4:25:37 AM#7

No category for me either, I use most of them.

See, I don't really care about combat (but I guess I wrote it many times already :) ), story and lore always come first so with my first Loomie I just picked some cookie-cutter decks and jumped into the world. Collected the lore, done all the quests, etc. with those "community-assembled" best decks.

Now with my second I decided to go horizontal, since I know the world already. Not for the combat's sake, just for the logic game of theory-crafting. I love goofing around with the abilities, testing them, doing the math (I never used parser in any game, I don't use it here either. Down with the plugins! :) )

And I went fully horizontal might I add, so my toon is only under the Blue Mountain, with every skill pulled to 4, and already reached London Underground... I did the traitor chasing mission at Shambala (rank 7 I guess) with QL3 skills and gear :)

I know it's not an optimal way for playing, but since I've done the game before, and I hate the endgame grind for 10.x+1 stuff, I just stick with that and occasional rp...

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

3/16/13 7:14:54 AM#8
only not use reticle combat , others all

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

OP  3/16/13 8:39:17 AM#9

Yeah, it's tough to pick one since each approach makes sense in different situations.  My standard solo tactic (Blade/Chaos) is to start off with the Quantum Brace, do a Chaotic Pull, then Art of War to Impair everyone, Reality Fracture for the AOE then Escalation for weakened state.  Lots of dodging and moving in between, with Matadaor as a good builder.  

Doesn't work so well when you need to single target someone though!  Lately playing around with Shotgun and Elementalism.  Very different/kitey feel on those...  :)

Cryseyde

Novice Member

3/17/13 5:26:58 PM#10

If this had been a checkbox poll, I'd have checked most of the boxes. Mostly because it depends what I'm doing. My solo methods are dependent on which weapons I'm using. My group play is dependent on whether I'm tanking a boss or PvPing. I ended up just picking the one that's most fun in solo play.