Originally posted by Deviate
Well, when I first heard about this game some time ago, I thought the premise and setting sounded very cool. Unfortunately I knew Funcoms track record and wasn't buying into any hype. Good thing I did, because this has to be the quickest an mmo has gone free to play in history!!
Unfortunately Failcom is the pinacle of below mediocre developing that was instrumental in creating an industry of half finished, buggy content with combat and character animations that are about as fluid as mud.
The bottom line is this, if people keep buying games from developers that are putting out subpar products, it will never change.
Now the new business model is to go subscription at launch to milk people of the box cost and maybe a years worth of sub cash, then they go free to play and rake in more money with cash shops.
- Game went b2p, not f2p
- Game has 8 zones, over 450 missions (with multiple tiers each, inlcuding Tyler Freeborn, simply one of the best PvE missions ever created), 8 dungeons (3 modes each), 8 lairs, a raid, 3 PvP zones, with another major area (Tokyo) coming in 2013. A Halloween Event, a Christmas Event, addition of RP venues and aux weapons: how is this "half finished?"
- Game has some minor bugs, and nothing that affects playability.
- Level/class-free combat system is excellent, allowing players to learn and equip every weapon and ability in the game
- Animations are average to good but not astounding -- they improved them since beta (when I assume the OP last played, as usual), and just got an improvment to the jump animation
- Game always had a sub. Even when it went b2p, there is an *option* to continue your sub, which simply gives benefits in the cash shop, discounts, DLC and item benefits.