Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | ArcheAge | H1Z1

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,981 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,469
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Another Failure for Funcom

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  Derros

Advanced Member

2/18/13 5:38:18 AM#21

Meh, I still like TSW.  The combat does the job, and the animations, I never really notice things like that.  I love the setting, the story, and the dungeon running with friends.  But this is coming from someone who loved AO after alot of it was fixed up.

The only game that I really could never get into for astetic reasons was Rift, just so bland looking.

Was the release horrible?  Not as bad as other games, but way buggier than it should have been, and that cost them.  Then again pretty par for the course for a funcom release.

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

2/18/13 8:26:41 AM#22
Originally posted by Deviate

Well, when I first heard about this game some time ago, I thought the premise and setting sounded very cool. Unfortunately I knew Funcoms track record and wasn't buying into any hype. Good thing I did, because this has to be the quickest an mmo has gone free to play in history!!

Unfortunately Failcom is the pinacle of below mediocre developing that was instrumental in creating an industry of half finished, buggy content with combat and character animations that are about as fluid as mud.

The bottom line is this, if people keep buying games from developers that are putting out subpar products, it will never change.

Now the new business model is to go subscription at launch to milk people of the box cost and maybe a years worth of sub cash, then they go free to play and rake in more money with cash shops.

[mod edit]

• Game went b2p, not f2p
  • Game has 8 zones, over 450 missions (with multiple tiers each, inlcuding Tyler Freeborn, simply one of the best PvE missions ever created), 8 dungeons (3 modes each), 8 lairs, a raid, 3 PvP zones, with another major area (Tokyo) coming in 2013.   A Halloween Event, a Christmas Event, addition of RP venues and aux weapons:  how is this "half finished?"
  • Game has some minor bugs, and nothing that affects playability.
  • Level/class-free combat system is excellent, allowing players to learn and equip every weapon and ability in the game
  • Animations are average to good but not astounding -- they improved them since beta (when I assume the OP last played, as usual), and just got an improvment to the jump animation
  • Game always had a sub.  Even when it went b2p, there is an *option* to continue your sub, which simply gives benefits in the cash shop, discounts, DLC and item benefits.  
[mod edit]
2 Pages « 1 2 Search