Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,028 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,484
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Lifetime Subscribers

13 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  2/05/13 9:06:23 PM#1

What are you mainly spending your 500 monthly on in the CS? I haven't played for a while and I noticed I have some piling up. Are you buying boosts? Cosmetic items? Using it to unlock content? What?

What are you spending your monthly 500 on?

Cosmetic items
Boosts
Unlocks
Other: please specify
show results
(login to vote)
  Ortwig

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 9:53:18 PM#2
Clothes..... lots of clothes....  :)
  Sevenwind

Hard Core Member

2/06/13 7:45:00 AM#3
Originally posted by Ortwig

Same.

I think this is one area Ragnar got wrong in making the game saying something along the lines the avatar isn't as important as the gameplay. People are vain. In this game the clothes don't count as armor or give stats so people want to look good killing mobs or in setting to the region they are in. I listen to three different TSW podcasts and all three can't wait till Tuesday comes each week to see what new outfit is in the store.

Joel if you read these forums it's just my opinion that if you want more from the cash shop, then add more outfits. But I'm sure you know what sells the most in the cash shop.  

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

2/12/13 9:21:40 AM#4
I took a break for a while and was pleased to see upon returning that we can now make clothing purchases account wide (still gender specific). So lat night I spent most of my bonus points on unlocking clothese for all my characters. You only pay the difference if you've already bought the item, which seems fair.
  User Deleted

OP  2/12/13 9:27:45 AM#5

I've purchased a couple of clothing items, but I can find most of what I want in Pangaea. I guess I'm more "practical" in the game sense and I would rather buy AP boosts. 

I have never bought a pet in any game. I don't know why people buy pets. My wife seems to freak out when she sees a pet she thinks is cute. I just can't understand. 

However, I would buy gifts for her, pets, etc. But in TSW whatever you buy is bound to your account. I think Funcom would make so much more money if you could give stuff from the cash shop as an in-game gift. Valentines Day is coming up, wife's b-day, too. Since I bet a lot of couples and friends play together, they are missing an opportunity.

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

2/12/13 9:30:11 AM#6

Originally posted by Ortwig

I would be lying if i said i wasnt too lol..

i bought a whole lot of shit with the 25k points i got at launch so i dont really need any other trivial things like titles and such.

So cloths and content unlocks.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

halfmystic

Novice Member

2/12/13 10:15:59 AM#7

I've bought clothes.. and I must be blind because I'd buy boosts if I could flippin' find them on the store. ( Also I'll be getting every content pack that's released. )

AP boosts I'm assuming are just AP points in a bottle? Or is it like an increased AP rate for a short period of time?

mindw0rk

Advanced Member

2/12/13 10:46:21 AM#8
Havent buy anything yet. Cloth I saw in store didnt appeal to me (got much better suit in London store). Buy I for sure spend them on content updates. Actually I market it "Auto buy"
  dancingstar

Hard Core Member

2/12/13 10:52:12 AM#9

Clothes mainly, but keeping some aside for content unlocks.

Not bothered with AP boosts yet.

Sorely tempted by maybe getting another pet now you can get them account-wide, tho'.

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

2/12/13 10:57:10 AM#10
inventory & gear manager slots

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Jaedor

Elite Member

2/12/13 11:02:14 AM#11

Just content unlocks. Don't really care about clothes though I do like the custodian pet.

User Deleted

OP  2/13/13 5:05:46 AM#12
Originally posted by halfmystic

I've bought clothes.. and I must be blind because I'd buy boosts if I could flippin' find them on the store. ( Also I'll be getting every content pack that's released. )

AP boosts I'm assuming are just AP points in a bottle? Or is it like an increased AP rate for a short period of time?

Increased AP rate in real time, so if you log out or go afk, it's wasted.

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

2/14/13 8:16:04 AM#13
Originally posted by PWN_FACE

Increased AP rate in real time, so if you log out or go afk, it's wasted.

It's the little things like this that irritate me to no end.  Just like how items from the cash shop weren't account wide from day one. I realize they have to make money, but I think they would be better served if they concentrated on value over how to make a dollar. I won't buy the AP potions for just the reason you mentioned. Would certainly buy some if the timer only ran when logged in.