Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,347 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,875
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » only one thing in TSW that is really bad

8 posts found
  bobm111

Apprentice Member

OP  2/14/13 5:14:51 AM#1

And that is all of the elitism once you get into elite and nightmare dungeon mode.

Chat is filled with elitist garbage that makes you want to puke and stop playing the game.

so ill probably quit once i have played a couple of chars thru the normal story mode unless i find a cabal that is more relaxed and fun orientated towards end game play

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

2/14/13 5:21:22 AM#2

Originally posted by bobm111
And that is all of the elitism once you get into elite and nightmare dungeon mode.

Chat is filled with elitist garbage that makes you want to puke and stop playing the game.

so ill probably quit once i have played a couple of chars thru the normal story mode unless i find a cabal that is more relaxed and fun orientated towards end game play

It is there...and its really sad.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Po_gg

Elite Member

2/14/13 5:27:31 AM#3
Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by bobm111

It is there...and its really sad.

Quite the opposite, it's amusing :) elitist are in every game, I used to put them on Ignore, but in TSW they're hilarious... every time I hop through Agartha I stop a minute for some laugh. "18/18 quick run, whisper stats" I whispered him "stats" he was so pissed :) or "LF any, got full wheel" -who doesn't? welcome to the club, buddy :)

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

2/14/13 5:31:43 AM#4
I was surprised to see that sort of behavior start so early in TSW, it was like the 2nd month after launch when I joined and already people were advertising like that for the lower level dungeon runs, "must know fights", or wanted to make sure your gear was perfect.  Was a contributing factor to my decision to quit long before finishing the open world story.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

2/14/13 5:34:04 AM#5

Originally posted by Kyleran
I was surprised to see that sort of behavior start so early in TSW, it was like the 2nd month after launch when I joined and already people were advertising like that for the lower level dungeon runs, "must know fights", or wanted to make sure your gear was perfect.  Was a contributing factor to my decision to quit long before finishing the open world story.

I only have one rule when it comes to dungeon gear: Previous dungeon blues minimum.
Still get people who try for elite runs in q6.. That kinda annoys me, But that's as far as my elitism goes.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Agent_Joseph

Advanced Member

2/14/13 5:36:09 AM#6

ignore elite morons in agarthal,join  active cabal with normal peoples, sign up in lfg tool ...yes!  it working too

NM are hard & chalenge , when learn what to do it is no diferent with elites too much

I am still noob ,in NM, but first time when  done polaris 6/6,  or HR 5/6  or HE 5/6 , was good feeling as  I am do something big...dont give up You must feel it too.

My cabal  experienced mates helped me &  still helping me too much.

brw. I am casual player who have free time for games only at weekend most time.

... and must to be realistic how much can go to deep with curent group setting!

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

2/14/13 6:45:20 AM#7
Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

ignore elite morons in agarthal,join  active cabal with normal peoples, sign up in lfg tool ...yes!  it working too

NM are hard & chalenge , when learn what to do it is no diferent with elites too much

I am still noob ,in NM, but first time when  done polaris 6/6,  or HR 5/6  or HE 5/6 , was good feeling as  I am do something big...dont give up You must feel it too.

Yep, Agartha is probably the worst place to group if you want to avoid the leets.  Here's a couple links if you are lookng to group up with more casual players doing nightmares:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62768
http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=63415

The LFG tool (Shift+C) is also good , and there's the Field Agent Locator addon which is also very nice:

http://www.curse.com/tsw-mods/tsw/field-agent-locator

Cabals also a great resource, and you can also find people by just chatting in General out in the zones.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Sevenwind

Hard Core Member

2/14/13 7:43:45 AM#8
Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

Sound advice. A good guild(Cabal) will go miles in any game. You're playing with like minded people. Just don't go hunting for a Cabal in global. Research the forums, group with people and ask them if they have an active guild that do hard dungeons and up.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.