Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Marvel Heroes | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,339 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,020
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Adding strength to a dual weapon PVP build

2 posts found
  NortonGB

Novice Member

OP  1/21/13 5:24:49 PM#1

Having played TSW less than a week and done most of the quests in Kingsmouth I'm on tier 16 of a story line quest that wants me to go to a deep mine in blue mountain, another to polaris which are beyond my current capabilty to finish solo so I have to decide to wait a bit the level up my gear or join a cabal or group to help me out. 

Either way as TSW does not have levels it does have exp to obtain ap/sp points needed to progress or strenghten your character build, so what is the best way or stats needed  to do it quickest?

I realise there are no real shortcuts other than doing missions or farming mobs but I need re-assurance that I am definately doing it right with the lack of any class or character level in TSW sometimes I wonder if I'm missing something.

Ultimately I would like to eventually PVP with an assault rifle and chaos claws as a second weapon so is building DPS with hit or penetration stats the best way to go?

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 10:26:25 PM#2
Originally posted by NortonGB

Having played TSW less than a week and done most of the quests in Kingsmouth I'm on tier 16 of a story line quest that wants me to go to a deep mine in blue mountain, another to polaris which are beyond my current capabilty to finish solo so I have to decide to wait a bit the level up my gear or join a cabal or group to help me out. 

Either way as TSW does not have levels it does have exp to obtain ap/sp points needed to progress or strenghten your character build, so what is the best way or stats needed  to do it quickest?

I realise there are no real shortcuts other than doing missions or farming mobs but I need re-assurance that I am definately doing it right with the lack of any class or character level in TSW sometimes I wonder if I'm missing something.

Ultimately I would like to eventually PVP with an assault rifle and chaos claws as a second weapon so is building DPS with hit or penetration stats the best way to go?

Well, the one thing I would advise is to not do the main storyline mission exclusively-- don't skip all the main and side missions, since they will give you added gear and XP (and hence AP/SP) that will help you in Savage Coast and Blue Mountain.  You should probably be about QL 3/4 gear to go to Savage Coast and QL 5/6 for Blue Mountain.  It's a good idea to do the dungeon just before you go to the next zone (Polaris before Savage Coast), but there's no set rules about any of this.

The thing about the abilities and decks is that you can do anything, but as a rule of thumb, it's good to focus on 2 weapons to start and then branch out to other decks as you get familiar.  You can use the starter decks in the panel to the left of the ability wheel to see how some work -- they aren't the best decks in the game, but they will give you an idea of what is possible.  The key is find active / passive combos in your equipped abilities -- that is find passives that USE the conditions your active abilities trigger.  So if your active triggers Impaired, look to equip passives that USE the Impaired state -- basically you are creating a 1-2 punch.

There is no right or wrong answer in which weapons to pick (it's all about the combos), but here is a good guide -- good luck!

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:build-mechanics