Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,376 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,188
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Thinking about trying the Secret World

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/02/13 3:43:19 PM#21
Originally posted by goldenkey

I just started the game like a week ago and i haven't been able to put it down. While the graphics do seem a little dated IMO it's a DEV look and feel choice i think it makes the game seem darker which for TSW is a good thing. People on this forum complain all the time about this or that game being a WOW clone well TSW is for sure not a WOW clone.

I can't remember the last time I had to pay attention while playing I could sleep though WOW and SWTOR. TSW if you dodge the wrong way say good night and welcome to the corpse run. So far I had to look up Latin, Morse code and some sheet music just to get through kingsmouth.

So if you are looking for something different that will challenge you TSW is it.

out doors wise its not wowy

but endgame dungeon grind reminds me of wow sadly

it is a refreshingly hard game though

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

1/02/13 7:58:01 PM#22
Originally posted by NorseGod
Originally posted by mazut
Originally posted by NorseGod

Do it.

Look at your options of what weapons you want to use and playstyle. Then research their forums for ideas of how to set skills up.

The quests alone were worth it.

Yes research, cus many of the combinations are useless and even if they looks ok you will end up helpless and with no way of reseting skill points. You either delete the character and start over or keep playing miserably till you get enough points to change your build.

^This.

And don't follow the existing decks suggested in-game. Yes, you can get some snappy outfits when you unlock a suggested deck, however, I found that those decks don't take you very far, but they do get you started nicely. I think by the time you hit Egypt, you pretty much need a solid skillset which isn't going to be found by strictly using a suggested deck. You'll unlock these over time anyways.

Also, like he posted above, when you research weapon combos/ skillsets on the forums, be careful, some posted on there don't work well together. But you will find one that fits whatever playstyle you like.

For example, I like to switch between the following (these are not the best, I just prefer range to melee):

AR/Blood leech build

Ele/Blood pure caster dps build

Ele/Blood lower dps/ healing build

What I like is that my (for example) Ele/Blood pure caster dps build could be totally different than another Ele/Blood caster dps player in my group, we probably have different gear setups and our skills in our toolbars are totally different too. There are that many options. The concepts are the same, but we each effect mobs in a different way with debuffs.

Or, I run an AR/Blood leech build and the other guy on in the group is running an AR/Blade leech build. Again, same concept, just different effects which stack.

Ultimately, you can play any weapon combo/skillset you want, but some will be more harder than others to quest with.

This, I will say, is the coolest thing about TSW combat.  You can choose ANY ability in the game, and play ANY combination of weapons -- tank, healer, dps, and everything in-between.  You can start a battle as a dps, then switch to tank if you want, as long as you have the decks built.  Creating decks is lots of fun, especially when you find that killer combination that cuts enemies like butter..  

2 Pages « 1 2 Search