Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Shards

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,542 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,105
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » I do not understand Funcoms new subscription model...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Nacario

Novice Member

The real world is roleplay and background noise

12/29/12 6:29:03 AM#21
Just to c that i understand this: i bought the lifetimer pack at release, meaning no subs (or future costs?). This is the same eigt withxthe new system?
  Scalpless

Elite Member

12/29/12 6:47:11 AM#22
Originally posted by Nacario
Just to c that i understand this: i bought the lifetimer pack at release, meaning no subs (or future costs?). This is the same eigt withxthe new system?

Yes, and you'll get cash shop currency for free.

Originally posted by TalulaRose

There is nothing in the shop worth buying other than the DLC. They give you a ton of outfits ingame for free. You get more than enough xp from running dungeons and quests. They also don't add alot of items on a regular basis to the shop. 

The best model for your $$ is to just buy the points when needed.

This is the conclusion I came to, as well. The Time Accelerator is a nice bonus, but it's not a big one, especially because it only gives double XP from monsters. As for outfits, I had trouble spending my 1200 bonus points on them, because most of them are too weird or recolors of the same thing.

It's the same problem GW2 has. They've got an item shop and want you to spend something on it, but there's nothing in the item shop worth spending money on.

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/29/12 7:46:50 AM#23
Originally posted by Scalpless

There is nothing in the shop worth buying other than the DLC. They give you a ton of outfits ingame for free. You get more than enough xp from running dungeons and quests. They also don't add alot of items on a regular basis to the shop. 

This is the conclusion I came to, as well. The Time Accelerator is a nice bonus, but it's not a big one, especially because it only gives double XP from monsters. As for outfits, I had trouble spending my 1200 bonus points on them, because most of them are too weird or recolors of the same thing.

It's the same problem GW2 has. They've got an item shop and want you to spend something on it, but there's nothing in the item shop worth spending money on.

Will aso get the item of the month and discount on any items in the shop.  Agree, though, they need to add more stuff to the shop.  I could see pets becoming a thing, and lots more clothes....

Nacario

Novice Member

The real world is roleplay and background noise

12/29/12 8:24:15 AM#24
Originally posted by Scalpless

I think thats a shame though, many bougt the lifetimer and it will backfire financially on funcoms part with that one time purchase from us :/
  Rocketeer

Advanced Member

12/29/12 2:49:55 PM#25

In all fairness all the advise given up to now is a waste of space.

The game has been B2P not even a month, and we have no idea how frequent or expensive DLCs might be. All we know is that they are not supposed to cost more than the stipend for members, which kinda implies they might be more for non-members. Also we have no idea if that rule works "backward", for example if i sub in a year from now and had to buy 10 DLCs to get up to speed, would that cost me 10x1200 or would it cost me 1x1200 + 9xnormal store price. Does the price cut members get apply to the 1200 before or after they get fixed down to it? Will there be future expansions, how will the be sold, and how frequent will THÈY be? 

All of that will influence wether or not a subscription is worth it or not, talking in absolutes about 2 weeks into the relaunch of this model ... you get more info out of reading tea leaves.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search