Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Age of Wushu

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,797,648 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,692
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Mayan's......New Player's Read.

17 posts found
  RaulBlue

Novice Member

OP  12/26/12 2:31:18 AM#1
This is just a warning for new player's you might wanna ethier wait till Jan 7th to play or be brave and play anyways. Or better yet join a cabal. Reason I'm saying all this is because Mayan's are spawning everywhere even in safe zones or near important npc's on Soloman island. The Mayan Event is geart there is a lot to do and tons of cool event prize's you can get for killing them or the new World Boss's which are beast even a Mayan theme Instance. But killing Mayans early on is going to be extremely diffcult alone as they will spawn when your fighting boss's or complating missions they keep spawning it's like fighting that greek monster with the 7-8 heads anyways. You can just run away and wait for them to despawn. But if you try to tackle them on your own I'm afaird it will turn new player's away. The game is Solid and wondeful hell I love play it everyday I just don't want new player's coming unknowing that it's the end of the world. Sorry I know this was really long. 
  platonicx

Novice Member

12/26/12 10:48:42 AM#2

As long as you refrain from using aoe skills for the duration of the event and be a bit careful you shodnt have any problems :o u only get one 2k hp zombie spawn every like 4 minutes

Rayshe

Apprentice Member

12/26/12 10:51:46 AM#3
The spawn intervals get lengthened aswell if you just accept the quest.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Ikeda

Hard Core Member

12/26/12 11:44:26 AM#4

This is a silly post. 

It should read...

Silly n00bies... DON'T ATTACK CREATURES THAT DON'T ATTACK YOU FIRST.

Really... and to be honest, the first couple groups of mayans are easy (I just started back playing 2 weeks ago, this is something I know very well).  If you're a n00b and you see something that is RED to you or is GIANGANTIC to you... don't be dumb and try to attack it.

Problem solved.

Averros

Spotlight Poster

There is no innocence, only degree's of guilt!

12/26/12 11:55:00 AM#5
Originally posted by Ikeda

This is a silly post. 

It should read...

Silly n00bies... DON'T ATTACK CREATURES THAT DON'T ATTACK YOU FIRST.

Really... and to be honest, the first couple groups of mayans are easy (I just started back playing 2 weeks ago, this is something I know very well).  If you're a n00b and you see something that is RED to you or is GIANGANTIC to you... don't be dumb and try to attack it.

Problem solved.

Not Exactly, the Mayans spawn in the middle of other groups sometimes.. or just completely random, and you can hit them accidently, and some are aggro.

BTW Calling everyone N00b's is pretty lame my friend. And that is the last I will say about that.

Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

12/26/12 11:56:29 AM#6

LOL I am not going to even tell you how many times damn thing killed me. It's easy to say don't attack something which does not aggro you if you are in the middle of the fight and damn thing spawns between your legs /grin.

It is annoying LOL but adds some inpredictablility. So far I have a lot of fun in game... going to be my second favorite MMO /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

12/26/12 12:09:00 PM#7

dont use green mayan scull,they ll attack you

I am use it for secret keepers but it was big trouble coz all mayans come to me include ones with 200k+heal

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Sigurd57

Novice Member

12/26/12 12:14:25 PM#8
Originally posted by JosephJR

I am use it for secret keepers but it was big trouble coz all mayans come to me include ones with 200k+heal

This is the answer.  The "Charred Mayan Rune" will make angry Mayan Zombies spawn on you if you use one.  If you have a little skull icon in your buffs that says you've angered something, turn it off.  

That at least solves a little of the problem.  

The next advice, if you're out missioning, you'll have no issue, but do not loiter around zone entrances (by Agartha portals)  and AOE, and you should have no issues.

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

girdisorder

Advanced Member

12/26/12 12:32:24 PM#9
dim Mayans...
  CasualMaker

Advanced Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

12/26/12 12:56:21 PM#10
Watching my sister and brother-in-law start playing yesterday, I concluded that it is best to accept the Mayan side mission even if you don't plan to immediately pursue it. That first Mayan always shows up as aggro and attacks. Once you accept the mission, you only get Servant of One Death types constantly popping up. Attacking and AoEs will set them off, but at least they are not innately aggro.
  UNH0LYEV1L

Novice Member

12/26/12 1:20:07 PM#11
Yea the game can be kinda hard as is and its annoying with the Mayan's invading.  I used to solo carpathean fangs but since the event won't leave home without another person just because of how many times I've accidently got myself killed.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/26/12 2:09:10 PM#12
Originally posted by Sigurd57
Originally posted by JosephJR

This is the answer.  The "Charred Mayan Rune" will make angry Mayan Zombies spawn on you if you use one.  If you have a little skull icon in your buffs that says you've angered something, turn it off.  

That at least solves a little of the problem.  

The next advice, if you're out missioning, you'll have no issue, but do not loiter around zone entrances (by Agartha portals)  and AOE, and you should have no issues.

^ Good advice here -- you can also run a bit off from the spwan point and the Mayans won't follow if u haven't AOE'd yet.  It will be interesting out in the zones until Jan 7!

FromHell

Novice Member

12/26/12 6:35:36 PM#13
this event is full of win, even more fun than the halloween event!

Since I started on launch I'm well geared, can solo each of the mayan spawns without big trouble, except the giant 270K Hp one. But with a friend helping those are going down too :)

just killed the 3 giant harbingers in a raid group, that was EPIC.

got the final lore #5 from the quetzal bird.

two more achievements to go, waiting for the dungeon cooldown...

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Nitth

Hard Core Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

12/26/12 6:38:18 PM#14

Originally posted by RaulBlue
This is just a warning for new player's you might wanna ethier wait till Jan 7th to play or be brave and play anyways. Or better yet join a cabal. Reason I'm saying all this is because Mayan's are spawning everywhere even in safe zones or near important npc's on Soloman island. The Mayan Event is geart there is a lot to do and tons of cool event prize's you can get for killing them or the new World Boss's which are beast even a Mayan theme Instance. But killing Mayans early on is going to be extremely diffcult alone as they will spawn when your fighting boss's or complating missions they keep spawning it's like fighting that greek monster with the 7-8 heads anyways. You can just run away and wait for them to despawn. But if you try to tackle them on your own I'm afaird it will turn new player's away. The game is Solid and wondeful hell I love play it everyday I just don't want new player's coming unknowing that it's the end of the world. Sorry I know this was really long. 

Or...Join a farming party, Gain truckloads of xp...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Skooma2

Advanced Member

12/26/12 9:52:42 PM#15

Here is why I love TSW:

LotRO, GW1, GW2, etc. all had the standard, and once-loved, cutesy holiday themed events.

In TSW, we get Mayan zombies.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

User Deleted
12/26/12 10:00:34 PM#16
Originally posted by Skooma2

Here is why I love TSW:

LotRO, GW1, GW2, etc. all had the standard, and once-loved, cutesy holiday themed events.

Well, to be fair, the former are based on real life holidays, while TSW was based on the so called "apocalypse" that was supposedly going to happen on 12/21/2012 (obviously false) based on the Mayan Calendar (which turned out to be some else entirely). Besides, TSW still has some Christmassy stuff in the store.

UNH0LYEV1L

Novice Member

12/26/12 11:07:02 PM#17
Originally posted by Enigmatus
Originally posted by Skooma2

Here is why I love TSW:

Well, to be fair, the former are based on real life holidays, while TSW was based on the so called "apocalypse" that was supposedly going to happen on 12/21/2012 (obviously false) based on the Mayan Calendar (which turned out to be some else entirely). Besides, TSW still has some Christmassy stuff in the store.

The female model xmas outfit looks real cool not really diggin the male one though.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift