Trending Games | Hearthstone | Guild Wars 2 | Rift | Firefall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,289 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,763
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Planing on buying this or GW2

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Rocketeer

Advanced Member

12/23/12 10:51:16 AM#21
Originally posted by fafnir123

Money is not that big problem but i don;t want to spend money playing a very laggy game...

i mostly play with 1440X900 but i wouldn't mind playing it in window mode either as i said i don;t really care about the graphic so much as i want to enjoy the gameplay itself

At that resolution both games will run decently with medium settings i believe. I asked because i have some, albeit small, issues with TSW at very high resolutions which could have been very detrimental with your specs. But like i said, at that resolution it won't be an issue.

At this point i believe it has come down to taste. Go with the setting you prefer, fantasy vs urban, teen rated vs mature. Personally i think TSW is underrated, while GW2 is (still)overrated. Also the weapon switching in GW2 annoyed me to no end.

fafnir123

Novice Member

OP  12/23/12 5:53:03 PM#22

thanks a lot guys...

after all the comment I would definitely go for TSW

Sevenwind

Hard Core Member

12/23/12 6:33:49 PM#23

Cool..some say this game demanding and some say don't

now i'm confuse ....they remove the trial right?

At the moment you need someone to send you a trial invite and it's only good for 24hrs. They are reworking the trial.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Alber_gamer

Hard Core Member

12/23/12 6:38:44 PM#24

You can get TSW for 22€ on Steam. Don't even think twice about it, it's a much better game than GW2 which will cost you at least double the cash.

About system specs, it'll struggle to run both games, but it should run them at low settings.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

fafnir123

Novice Member

OP  12/23/12 6:39:46 PM#25
Originally posted by Sevenwind

Cool..some say this game demanding and some say don't

now i'm confuse ....they remove the trial right?

At the moment you need someone to send you a trial invite and it's only good for 24hrs. They are reworking the trial.

Oh is that so..

So anyone here got the code?

Scalpless

Advanced Member

12/24/12 3:48:38 AM#26
I've got 3 keys, but I'm not sure how their invite system works. They ask for an email address, so if you PM me yours I can send you a key. I think sending it to myself may bind that trial account to my email address.
  Zyzra

Novice Member

12/24/12 3:51:21 AM#27

Yeah TSW is probably your best bet in terms of your framerate with regards to your computer.

Friend of mine actually uses a laptop with far lower performing hardware than what you listed.  My best advice which worked wonders for him is to switch the game to DX9 mode.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search