Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Pirate101 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,831 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,270,571
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » How's the endgame?

12 posts found
  Tidel

Advanced Member

OP  12/20/12 9:16:06 PM#1
As the title says! :)
  Entropy14

Novice Member

12/20/12 9:23:54 PM#2

The end game is ok, the dungeons in this game are a lot of fun.

But to do the hardest difficulty sucks. people are elitists, if your not perfectly geared , they want nothing to do with you....only bad part of otherwise a great game.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/20/12 9:39:21 PM#3
Originally posted by Tidel
As the title says! :)

Stuff you can do:

• Run nightmare mode dungeons
  • New York City raid
  • PvP in Fusang, Stonehenge or El Dorado
  • Monthly tournaments in the Fight Clubs (PvP)
  • Explore all the zones (many side missions tucked away there)
  • Collect all the lore
  • Unlock the ability wheel and all the deck outfits
  • Build more decks once you have all the abilities unlocked
  • Farm lower level zones for various rare weapon skins
  • Rerun any of your favorite missions
  • Work on achievements (10,000 kills, etc)
  • Check out RP stuff going on -- plays at the Albion, etc.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/20/12 9:41:49 PM#4
Originally posted by Entropy14

The end game is ok, the dungeons in this game are a lot of fun.

But to do the hardest difficulty sucks. people are elitists, if your not perfectly geared , they want nothing to do with you....only bad part of otherwise a great game.

All games have elitists, but TSW also has people who group up on nightmares without the attitude.  Check out these threads:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62768

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=63415

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=63278

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=56752

Tidel

Advanced Member

OP  12/20/12 9:50:03 PM#5
Thanks all!
  Rayshe

Novice Member

12/20/12 9:51:24 PM#6

Its not the people that are elitest its the Pugs that are elitest. If you want to join a raiding Cabal, Simply put if you can show them your competant they will generally accept you. Case and point Misconesption being one of the top cabals in the game attempted to recruit me from my Cabal because i was "competant" My gear was at most QL10.2

For endgame stuff your better off running with cabals instead of pugging. Puggin is the same in every game as it is in TSW. filled with elitest pricks who only want their 10 Bullion (endgame currency) and to log out.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/20/12 10:07:30 PM#7
Originally posted by Rayshe

Its not the people that are elitest its the Pugs that are elitest. If you want to join a raiding Cabal, Simply put if you can show them your competant they will generally accept you. Case and point Misconesption being one of the top cabals in the game attempted to recruit me from my Cabal because i was "competant" My gear was at most QL10.2

For endgame stuff your better off running with cabals instead of pugging. Puggin is the same in every game as it is in TSW. filled with elitest pricks who only want their 10 Bullion (endgame currency) and to log out.

^ Definitely this!  Cabals are the way to go.   :)

Oh, forgot a couple:

• Run Lairs
  • Collect all the Auxiliary Weapons (Rocket Launcher, Chainsaw, Quantum Brace).  There will be more...
  paul43

Hard Core Member

12/22/12 10:16:08 AM#8
Collecting epic signtes also takes alot of your time at endgame. I see lots of players simply ignore signets though. Personally I just collect some cheaper signets instead of the absolute best ones.
  ereyethirn

Novice Member

12/23/12 8:04:02 AM#9

I really like tsw's endgame tbh, the missions have massive relayablility in themselves, I go through and replay my favourates quite regularly. Plus they are bringing out monthly story arcs (effectively HUGE missions). If your a casual player between that and elite dungeons and lairs you will be swamped with too much to do.

If your a hardcore player you'll chew through the story content as quickly as you can and then you have to complete all the elite dungeons to get to doing nightmare which there are 8 nightmare dungeons plus the new york raid plus to add signets to your gear you do lairs. Through lairs (effectively a strange kinda mssion) you earn epic signets which you attatch to gear to make it more powerful. SO there is a long way to work up to get to the top tier of engame and then between farming your gear and doing lairs to add things to your gear before taking on the ny raid and then getting signets to add to that, you won't run out of things to do.

Oh and on a side note the secret world's dungeon format is AMAZING! Best dungeons I've ever seen in an mmo, iv just finished all the elite ones and am about to work on up to nightmare. They have 6 bosses and just about no trash (and when there is you just run past it and ignoe it). They also have amazingly interesting and challenging boss mechanics which I am extremely fond of!

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/23/12 9:10:42 AM#10
Wow like
  ereyethirn

Novice Member

12/24/12 4:14:02 AM#11
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Wow like

No. Wow doesn not have lairs. Wow releases new raids just about every patch and focusses on people raiding and grinding through the gear progression. TSW has 1 raid and 8 nightmare dungeons for hardcores but they prefer to focus on missions and so most updates are about new missions and stories to see and updates to lairs (which are pretty awesome, well I like them anyway). Also in terms of dungeons and raids wow is about killing tons of trash to get to a boss before killing way more trash etc. TSW is all about epic boss fights so you may even do dungeons without killing a single trash mob. 

Agent_Joseph

Advanced Member

12/24/12 5:30:15 PM#12

when you starting to play  TSW,it is  ,,endgame ,, in another mmo's

TSW is theme park mmo but with diferent gameplay concept

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW