Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,902 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,555
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » $15 on Amazon right now

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
46 posts found
  FlawSGI

Elite Member

All of history is a lie. The truth depends on who does the listening, and who does the telling...

12/14/12 4:26:11 PM#21
Originally posted by Ortwig
Originally posted by FlawSGI
Originally posted by Torvaldr
This is excellent and a great deal.  It's funny because in another thread a bunch of people claimed that no one buys games from Amazon.  I bought it a couple days ago from Funcom becasue $30 is still a good deal in my opinion.

Yeah I just read and thought the same and gotta say what a huge load of bovine fecal matter (BS). I know of two friends who bought copies of TSW against my warnings from amazon due to the price and B2P conversion. I know I buy games from there often due to the deals. Won't claim I buy every game through amazon but I definately buy some.  Maybe my buddies stumbled upon this deal and that's why they decided to give TSW a go, I didn't ask only cautioned against the game due to their playstyles. Either way, $15 seems like a steal since I know they can get their value returned at least. I bought way back when at full price and boy  was I mistaken.

That's like calling yourself an idiot for not waiting to go out to dinner when the restaurant was having a 50% sale on steak dinners the next day (even though you didn't know about it.)  Stores have sales, but if you don't want to wait to catch them (or constantly be on the lookout), you pay the full price.  I'm not at all upset because I lost out on a measly $15 -- been spending my time enjoying the game. 

Not really. I remember reading that TSW was doing a lot of things differently and even though it was Funcom, I was willing to give it a shot. As I stated in my origional response, knowing their playstyles, it was not a good deal at $30 because they would get sick of it like I did before their initial month. I have zero problems with cash so I don't concern myslef with waiting for deals when I want to support a game company so that wasn't my message, just an addition.

Your metaphore is not a very good one BTW because my message would have been more like me saying that we all love steak and there is a resteraunt that is offerning the dinner at 50% off, but the steaks gave me food poisoning the last time I ate them so I'd advise stayting away from the establishment.

And I also stated that I wasn't aware of the $15 amazon special so if that was the case then yeah they could get their monies worth and it was a steal. Knowing my bros the way I do though, $30 for something they will not play for more thana couple weeks is not going to make them happy especially since they are trying to talk others into it who have tried and passed. So no, you were mistaken by your interpretation of my message. Some people resort to knee jerk reactions without reading I don't know.......  Good for you though for enjoying the game, point was I know they won't.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Sevenstar61

Elite Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

12/14/12 4:28:12 PM#22

Great deal, thanks for sharing. I just got it:). I was waiting for F2P to try it, 15 bucks is definitely worth it though.

I love storybased MMOs so I am going to play it as my second MMO.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

ZagatoMKR

Novice Member

12/14/12 5:00:16 PM#23

Thank you!

Cheers.

localhero95

Novice Member

12/14/12 5:02:07 PM#24
nah thanks, trying to cut my loses on this years mmo's rofl, darkfall is my last dip in the market
  jbs4life

Novice Member

12/14/12 10:35:21 PM#25
Just bought it!  This was awesome, I was already thinking about buying it for ~$20 from Green Man Gaming with the promotional code - $15 is a great deal.  Plus I had a $5 credit, so it came out to be $9.99 for TSW.. awesome.
  Plutonas

Apprentice Member

12/15/12 3:34:51 AM#26
If someone will purchase from Europe the game will be ok after to play? Also Paypal is supported for the purchase?
  Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/15/12 7:23:30 AM#27
Originally posted by Plutonas
If someone will purchase from Europe the game will be ok after to play? Also Paypal is supported for the purchase?

I think it's U.S. only unfortunately, although you might be able to try with an altnernate payment method.  Not sure how that works on Amazon.

Krematory

Apprentice Member

MMOHOLIC

12/15/12 8:27:27 AM#28
Never been very interested in this game, but that price is a steal! Already got it and downloading :)

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/15/12 8:46:41 AM#29

I think it's U.S. only unfortunately, although you might be able to try with an altnernate payment method.  Not sure how that works on Amazon.

I could be wrong about U.S.  only -- I heard that someone in France was able to get it.  No harm in trying.  Here's the link again:

http://amzn.com/B007VTVKG6

Krematory

Apprentice Member

MMOHOLIC

12/15/12 9:27:33 AM#30

I could be wrong about U.S.  only -- I heard that someone in France was able to get it.  No harm in trying.  Here's the link again:

http://amzn.com/B007VTVKG6

Yes, I'm from Europe as well and I could buy it. You just need to register a fake US billing address and it works.

Plutonas

Apprentice Member

12/15/12 10:36:35 AM#31
What about the paypal payment on Amazon?
  Reizla

Hard Core Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

12/15/12 12:56:47 PM#32
Oh WTH... B2P for this price makes it a no-brainer ;-)

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog
I am Blog ~ Free blogging service

ASUS M4N72-E
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
8Gb DDR2 800Mhz
GTX660 SLI
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

12/15/12 1:11:09 PM#33
Great price and I'm sure it's worth it.  I just don't have time to play a new MMO any time soon as I'm job hunting and leveling is all consuming for me.  I know if I buy it now I'd have to play it. :(
  TheYear1500

Novice Member

12/15/12 1:26:56 PM#34
I was in the closed beta and while the game was fun the combat was meh and I just didn't think the game was really worth the monthly cost.  Now that it went b2p I was just telling my wife yesterday that if it goes on sale we would pick it up.  And so we did.  15 is a steal for this game, it is worth 30, but we are trying to keep our mmo buying down.  The quests are some of the most fun i have ever had in an mmo.  After the crap that is GW2 we have been looking for a good story mmo to play.    
  banzai014

Novice Member

12/16/12 10:58:24 PM#35
I recommend getting this instead for you $15 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079PC0EI
  Onomas

Hard Core Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

12/17/12 12:01:48 AM#36

Ok as a sandbox junky, i broke down and bought this while on sale. I like the concept and will give it a go.

My question is it still has subscription information on the account page. Is it a freemium typ game? Sub for extra bonuses or play free for nothing? I notice it says B2P but it kind of threw me off.

I dont mind paying a sub, just confused on the subject.

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/17/12 12:11:01 AM#37
Originally posted by Onomas

Ok as a sandbox junky, i broke down and bought this while on sale. I like the concept and will give it a go.

My question is it still has subscription information on the account page. Is it a freemium typ game? Sub for extra bonuses or play free for nothing? I notice it says B2P but it kind of threw me off.

You can play without the sub, but you'd (optonally) buy DLCs as they become available.  Subbed players get points every month to use toward the DLC or other stuff as they see fit.

Searias

Advanced Member

12/17/12 12:19:56 AM#38
Originally posted by Onomas

Don't worry too much about the optional subscription plan. As a B2P player you will be able to experience the entirety of the game without worries.

Only benefits the sub players get is some little perks

- $10 worth of bonus funcom points per month (roughly 1200 points)

- An unique cosmetic item per month

- A 1 hour experience boost potion with a 16 hour cooldown

- 10 to 20(GM)% discount on the item store (cosmetic items only, DLCs will be full priced)

I think that's all the benefits that a sub player gets. So you should be fine just paying for the DLCs as they come out.

Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Corsair Hydro H110 Extreme Liquid Cooler
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.80GHz
Asus Maximus V Formula
G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 pro Series 256GB SSD
Western Digital RED NAS 3TB Storage Drive
Hitachi 2TB Data Storage Drive
2xASUS GTX TITAN SLi
Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution ST1200-G Modular Power Supply

Theocritus

Apprentice Member

12/17/12 12:22:43 AM#39
      Hold out a little longer.....It wont be long before its f2p with cash shop.....
  Reizla

Hard Core Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

12/17/12 12:25:24 AM#40
Originally posted by Theocritus
      Hold out a little longer.....It wont be long before its f2p with cash shop.....

I doubt it. I think former subscription games become either B2P or F2P...

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog
I am Blog ~ Free blogging service

ASUS M4N72-E
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
8Gb DDR2 800Mhz
GTX660 SLI
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search