Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,803 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,540
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Can we have some honesty?

6 posts found
  Kuppa

Novice Member

The problem with censorship is ********

OP  12/12/12 12:32:21 PM#1

First off, amaizing news from FC today. They finally took the right step towards making their game more accessible, for one I will be picking it up!

Now, on to the topic at hand. Does no one else feel dissapointed at the amount of TSW fans that said the game would/could never be a no sub game. That B2P & F2P are horrible ideas. That stuff like xp bonuses are horrible. Paying for content, like DLC is horrible. ect..

Today, they woke up with a new outlook on gaming or something cause they support this with no problems. Can we at least be honest and acknowledge there is a double standard that goes on around these forums that NEEDS to be dropped.

Don't you see? What happened today is GREAT for the industry! But we need to stop beign hicoprites with other games just because they aren't the game we support. The more games we have the better! The era of one big MMO(WoW) to rule them all needs to come to an end and the floodgates need to be opened for other mmos in order for us to have a good genre.

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/12/12 12:36:08 PM#2
 Never really had a problem with b2p. pure f2p I think is still a problem and causes much fly by nighting and community damage. I'm glad fc still has sub options for committed players. 
  Kuppa

Novice Member

OP  12/12/12 12:40:39 PM#3
Originally posted by Ortwig
 Never really had a problem with b2p. pure f2p I think is still a problem and causes much fly by nighting and community damage. I'm glad fc still has sub options for committed players. 

That is great! partly though, I still believe f2p can be used if done correctly. But it's good that you don't have a bias towards other games. There are many around these forums that do though.

Zinzan

Novice Member

12/12/12 1:23:31 PM#4
I fail to see how anything worthwhile can come of a thread like this.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Kuppa

Novice Member

OP  12/12/12 1:40:57 PM#5
Originally posted by Zinzan
I fail to see how anything worthwhile can come of a thread like this.

That maybe people can stop just picking one game to defend zealously and open their minds(and wallets) to other games. And I guess to defeat the double standard.

Amana

MMORPG.COM Staff

12/12/12 3:50:33 PM#6
This essentially is an attack on the fans of a game in its own forum. Yep, nothing good comes of this sort of thing.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com