Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Moonrise | Pirate101 | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,596 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,270,070
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Patch 1.4 pvp changes - what do you think?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Ortwig

Hard Core Member

11/21/12 3:09:53 PM#21
Originally posted by pazuzuz
Still a lot left until Fusang is good PvP it seems. A few times my battlegroup has been fairly balanced, and then it was lots of fun. Most of the time it's completely dominated by the same faction though. The Underdog Custodians are not helping much, and it's really stupid that they let the dominant faction charge the custodian if they've kept the mission in the journal. The custodian should just fire up when a faction has no facilities for a certain tim. No mission required.Now it's not really an underdog custodian since anyone can charge it up as long as they picked up the mission at some time. None of this is fixed in the upcoming patch... I think the only solution is to merge all dimensions into one group. This would lead to queues for the popular factions, but at least we would have a balanced Fusang. Now it's just free gear to the dominant factions.

Yeah, there's definitely more work to do -- right now a real problem for the underdogs/Dragon.  I saw a couple ideas that I thought sounded good:

• Allow "mercenaries" to play on an underpopulated faction to even out the groups
  • Heavy incentives/rewards to playing on the underdog side
  • Timers on anima respawns based on number of facilities/wells taken (longer for more dominant factions)
Not sure if these would work, but there's lots of ideas floating right now -- I think they'll get it nailed down.

Agent_Joseph

Advanced Member

11/24/12 6:00:31 PM#22

for one hour main templar get 3000 white marks,was bored relog my illuminati alt get 6 white marks for one hour...what  to say more about Fusang?

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

User Deleted

OP  11/24/12 7:12:46 PM#23
Originally posted by Ortwig
[...] This would lead to queues for the popular factions, but at least we would have a balanced Fusang. Now it's just free gear to the dominant factions.

[...]

• Timers on anima respawns based on number of facilities/wells taken (longer for more dominant factions)
Not sure if these would work, but there's lots of ideas floating right now -- I think they'll get it nailed down.

I like these as *possibilities* too, though I'm not sure how they would work in reality.

What I'm concerned about now is the huge gear gap that has been opened up. I don't even log in anymore. That sucks because in spite of its flaws, TSW was my favorite mmorpg in a long time -- in maybe ever. So my disappointment is that much worse right now.

I really just want to hear something from FC -- specifically about what they are going to do to get underdogs (Dragons) back into the game with any semblance of a chance in pvp.

EDIT: I don't like the mercenary idea. I like faction unity and getting to know people on your side (and the opposition, too). I would rather just have population caps and let the zerg factions queue. This might also encourage more people to roll other factions with shorter or no queues.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

11/25/12 5:41:31 PM#24

Nice post from the lead pvp developer this weekend:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1460622&postcount=5

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

11/25/12 5:48:25 PM#25
Originally posted by PWN_FACE
[...] This would lead to queues for the popular factions, but at least we would have a balanced Fusang. Now it's just free gear to the dominant factions.

[...]

EDIT: I don't like the mercenary idea. I like faction unity and getting to know people on your side (and the opposition, too). I would rather just have population caps and let the zerg factions queue. This might also encourage more people to roll other factions with shorter or no queues.

Yeah, tend to agree on the mercenaries.  This was another idea that sounded pretty good -- almost assures balance:

"remove server based fusang, create 3 server based fusang and start filling them 1 at the time till the reach 30vs30vs30 then start to fill the second when all 3 are filled with 30vs30vs30 go back filling the first one to 45vs45vs45...

so there still are 3 server they are not server based and they are filled in order"

Hrimnir

Elite Member

11/25/12 6:11:25 PM#26
Originally posted by ShakyMo
If it had worked like this from the start I would have probably stuck with tsw and not bothered with gw2 though.

Qft.........

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

User Deleted

OP  11/26/12 1:53:52 AM#27

Nice post from the lead pvp developer this weekend:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1460622&postcount=5

Thanks for posting this. I'm just glad to know they are still engaged and making the effort. 

As to the server v server, I like that issue. But I don't think I've ever seen as many as 30 Dragon in Fusang at the same time. And if I have, it's been extremely rare.  It might work better as battlegroup v battlegroup.

atuerstar

Apprentice Member

11/26/12 2:07:29 AM#28

They have brought in a new pvp Developer.

I can, at this point, only consider it a good thing. The old development team just couldnt get a handle on balancing the persistent zone nor balancing the abilties. This lead to overpowered decks and underdog factions. A new guy leading the charge is a chance for some serious reworking of this system which has the potential to be truly great.

With a PVP dungeon still coming I hope Tim Donks is going all out on solutions. As most have said, when the balance is right the persistent battlezone is a hell of a lot of fun even with decks the way they are. Now they just have to work it out so that fun can be had by even the lowest populated faction.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

11/28/12 2:24:33 PM#29

El Dorado open for fighting this Sunday (12/2)!

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62173

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 11:35:11 PM#30

Okay, Issue 1.5 PvP Updates are on TestLive.  Patch Notes and discussion:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62527

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 11:35:11 PM#31

User Deleted

OP  12/08/12 7:28:51 AM#32

Thanks for the update.

I like this:

The maximum population for Fusang now scales dynamically. If your side has more than the minimum side plus a threshold (currently set at ten) you will be added to a queue. You will be able to enter once the population of the other factions increases.

I think this should help, a lot. 

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/08/12 8:07:28 AM#33

Also some very cool stuff happening over in the Fight Clubs.  Some folks are orgzanizing tournanment duels with prizes -- 15 million pax for 1st.  Gotta say the community in TSW is one of the best around:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62614

2 Pages « 1 2 Search