Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,642,728 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,530
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » I haven't played since release. Any huge changes?

6 posts found
  Exavus

Novice Member

OP  12/08/12 2:46:11 AM#1
I guess the biggest question is this: Does the game run better or is better optimized? I found it to be very sluggish on my high-end pc. also are there any crazy changes?

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Zinzan

Apprentice Member

12/08/12 4:35:39 AM#2
Originally posted by Exavus
I guess the biggest question is this: Does the game run better or is better optimized? I found it to be very sluggish on my high-end pc. also are there any crazy changes?

A lot of the beta/release performance issues were driver related, these have been fixed for the most part by driver updates but some cards are still reporting issues.

Optimisation is subjective, the game runs fine for me, but others with better rigs tell me it runs poorly for them....im not sure if this is simply because my expectations of performance are significantly lower than theirs as i have a mid-range machine.

No crazy changes, some new missions, some new storylines, a new raid, auction house, some visual and animation tweaks, some minor skill balancing, a few new nightmare instances, some fluff-stuff and an upcoming pvp patch thats....well....an improvement on the current situation, yeah, lets leave it at that :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/08/12 7:23:29 AM#3
Originally posted by Zinzan

A lot of the beta/release performance issues were driver related, these have been fixed for the most part by driver updates but some cards are still reporting issues.

Optimisation is subjective, the game runs fine for me, but others with better rigs tell me it runs poorly for them....im not sure if this is simply because my expectations of performance are significantly lower than theirs as i have a mid-range machine.

No crazy changes, some new missions, some new storylines, a new raid, auction house, some visual and animation tweaks, some minor skill balancing, a few new nightmare instances, some fluff-stuff and an upcoming pvp patch thats....well....an improvement on the current situation, yeah, lets leave it at that :)

My performance is fine on a mid-level PC with a GTX560.  I know some players have fiddled with the settings to get things running for their particular situation (DX9 vs DX11, windows vs fullscreen mode).   A search on your card on the  Technical Forums might help with specific settings:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Some other changes in addition to those above include a reticle combat option, character height options at creation, Lairs -- harder open world bosses that typically require a group.  PvP balance updates  coming in 1.5 around the 21st or so.

Rightlov

Novice Member

12/08/12 7:32:09 AM#4

And the AUX-weapon implementation; how can you forget that? - It's an 8th ability slot (active and passive) with it's on skillwheel. Next patch will include the third weapon to this skillwheel, and each weapon equal 7 abilities. They're counting on releasing a new AUX-weapon each to every second Issue.

Furthermore we've got the new Albion Theater for roleplayers; an impressive stage that bring all kind of tools RPers can use to set up a show.

In my opinion; crazy chances (or more correctly: improvements) - considering that this is all within less than a half year.

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/08/12 7:38:25 AM#5
Originally posted by Rightlov

And the AUX-weapon implementation; how can you forget that? - It's an 8th ability slot (active and passive) with it's on skillwheel. Next patch will include the third weapon to this skillwheel, and each weapon equal 7 abilities. They're counting on releasing a new AUX-weapon each to every second Issue.

Furthermore we've got the new Albion Theater for roleplayers; an impressive stage that bring all kind of tools RPers can use to set up a show.

In my opinion; crazy chances (or more correctly: improvements) - considering that this is all within less than a half year.

Good catches! -- a new zone (Tokyo) is also coming with the New Year.

DSWBeef

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 11:44:58 PM#6
Yep just recently re subbed and Im having a blast. Made a new char and now im leveling w/o skipping any cutscenes which is where the game shines alot with its quests. Excited for the 21st event and 1.5 which brings in a new aux weapon and multislot uiform changes. Any templar or Ilum guilds out their that are active?

Playing: TSW, War Thunder, World of Tanks, and FFXIV.
Waiting on: Archeage, Wild Star, Everquest Next and The Black Desert