Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,839,135 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,031
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  fallenlords

Novice Member

OP  12/06/12 4:21:16 AM#1
TSW is on PointMMO not registered and can't be bothered so don't know if this means free to play for TSW or not.  They normally only host free to play games but I think in this instance they might be just hosting a TSW trial or extended trial.  Which then sort of negates the whole point of PointMMO... but there you go.
  Sevenwind

Hard Core Member

12/06/12 7:37:29 AM#2
Hmm Rift almost must be going F2P then. It's listed there too.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/06/12 8:05:26 AM#3

PointMMO is a digital distribution platform. Like Steam or Origin. Steam and Origin are free, but the games cost money, unless they are free to play. They also want to function as a social hub, like Steam.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

fallenlords

Novice Member

OP  12/06/12 8:36:51 AM#4

Well their tagline is 'Play free play faster' and from what I gather they tend to host free to play MMO's and browser based games.   I think the general idea behind them is the streaming technology which means you don't have to wait hours to download the game before playing.

According to this article at Gamasutra play through PointMMO and you get an exclusive sword.  States Funcom has added a 'new' trial program to the game.  So perhaps they have created something specific for PointMMO prior to going fully fledged free to play.

DanGrabowski

Novice Member

12/07/12 4:39:32 PM#5

Hey guys, 

I'm Dan, the community manager for PointMMO. 

Just wanted to clarify that we are starting to experiment with carrying premium MMO titles like The Secret World. Our main goal is to delivery great MMOs in the fastest way possible. We actually have a Facebook poll running right now asking our members whether or not they'd like for us to stick with F2P games or expand to titles like TSW. Get in there and vote if you like! 

https://www.facebook.com/477231395640189/timeline/story?ut=61&wstart=1354348800&wend=1357027199&hash=8439116421251571165&pagefilter=3&ustart=1

Hope this clears up any confusion,

Cheers

Dan Grabowski

PointMMO.com

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 5:01:39 PM#6
Originally posted by DanGrabowski

Hey guys, 

I'm Dan, the community manager for PointMMO. 

Just wanted to clarify that we are starting to experiment with carrying premium MMO titles like The Secret World. Our main goal is to delivery great MMOs in the fastest way possible. We actually have a Facebook poll running right now asking our members whether or not they'd like for us to stick with F2P games or expand to titles like TSW. Get in there and vote if you like! 

Hope this clears up any confusion,

Cheers

Dan Grabowski

PointMMO.com

Thanks for clarifying Dan.