Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,789,267 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,644
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Massively "TSW's new PvP -- how do you like them Big Apples?"

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/01/12 10:15:10 AM#21
Originally posted by MindTrigger
The game needs an opt-in / flagging world PvP system for those who want to play it that way.  This instanced arena crap isn't going to cut it.

There definitely is discussion of this over in the forums:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=61277

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=60834

Right now, TSW is full out on addressing Fusang and balance issues, but they do at least understand that PvP is an important part of the game, and are open to feedback and communication with the population.  

SQTO

Advanced Member

12/01/12 12:25:34 PM#22
The game needs an opt-in / flagging world PvP system for those who want to play it that way.  This instanced arena crap isn't going to cut it.

this was the reason why I quit, the pve world was just so boring without a pvp server.  I was expecting at least one pvp server for a three faction game, beacuse really what was the point of the factions ?

MindTrigger

Advanced Member

12/01/12 12:28:48 PM#23
Originally posted by SQTO

this was the reason why I quit, the pve world was just so boring without a pvp server.  I was expecting at least one pvp server for a three faction game, beacuse really what was the point of the factions ?

I really can't get my head around why they haven't done this.  An Opt-In Flagging system would make it easy to implement, and would add a whole new dimension to the game  They already have PvP in the game, so why not open up a PvP server?  I'd be willing to bet that if they did, it will be full in a matter of days from people abandoning the other servers for more fun and action.

I personally would reinstall the game immediately and reactivate my sub. 

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

12/01/12 12:51:52 PM#24
Should have never been a pvp game to begin with. There's far greater evils to worry about than each other faction.

MindTrigger

Advanced Member

12/01/12 12:57:12 PM#25
Originally posted by Fendel84M
Should have never been a pvp game to begin with. There's far greater evils to worry about than each other faction.

From a story perspective, I find it to be much more ludicrous that these factions, which have been battling forever, suddenly decided to be best friends and work together without any static at all. 

The point of an opt-in system is that people like you can go about your PvE business and not have to worry at all about those of us who want world PvP.  It's a win-win for everyone, and would likely draw more people back to the game (myself included).    Then again, they can uphold the status quo and continue to bleed subs until the game gets shut down.  Whatever works for them, I guess.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

User Deleted
12/01/12 1:13:20 PM#26

Who would play TSW to PvP?! This game is more carebear-ish than WoW.

Ortwig

Hard Core Member

12/01/12 1:39:23 PM#27

From a story perspective, I find it to be much more ludicrous that these factions, which have been battling forever, suddenly decided to be best friends and work together without any static at all. 

The point of an opt-in system is that people like you can go about your PvE business and not have to worry at all about those of us who want world PvP.  It's a win-win for everyone, and would likely draw more people back to the game (myself included).    Then again, they can uphold the status quo and continue to bleed subs until the game gets shut down.  Whatever works for them, I guess.

I completely agree that it's doable from a lore perspective.  I'd think that the faction situation is more of a temporary truce to counter the greater threat, but that there would be lots opportunities for players to go rogue given any reason for a temporary edge.  Heck, you could introduce events and objectives within a zone at intervals that would be a an easy trigger to fight.  As long as the PVEers aren't directly affected, don't see why it wouldn't work.

I think right now it's more about resources and overall direction and priorities.

MindTrigger

Advanced Member

12/01/12 1:58:03 PM#28
Originally posted by Ortwig

I completely agree that it's doable from a lore perspective.  I'd think that the faction situation is more of a temporary truce to counter the greater threat, but that there would be lots opportunities for players to go rogue given any reason for a temporary edge.  Heck, you could introduce events and objectives within a zone at intervals that would be a an easy trigger to fight.  As long as the PVEers aren't directly affected, don't see why it wouldn't work.

I think right now it's more about resources and overall direction and priorities.

Yeah, I hear ya.  It just seems like it would be a relatively easy thing to implement, but then I don't have to code it.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

12/02/12 8:16:23 PM#29
Should be an option to abandon your faction and go on a PK spree.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search